Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Hai friends.My research continues till i get a solution for fixing a tachometer in my car so i post the picture of the car interior panels and ECM connector diagram.

Please Help me out tech guru's[confused][confused]

these are detail pictures i collected from my car.
please find the Ritz tachometer fixed in my Swift LDI

On going through the posts on the thread,it appears to me tachometer has become a very important gadget of car.Old models as well as base variants do not contain this feature,but are driven properly.Some tools are very useful but they are not provided unless higher variants are chosen. I think driver seat height adjuster will be essential feature of all cars soon.

^^ Yes...when more & more Ladies come to driving enviorment as drive their own car and if the Indian car companies willing to listen about their/user experience or the government made it mandatory like seat belt.

Hai Arijitb:

Here are some pic which will help you to access fog lamp bulb.
Please let me know where is this 3 push type screw belong in your car that you show in the last picture? Do you remove any screw under the front bumper ?

Thank you very much for your help & support about fender removal [clap] ,

I will follow your footsteps.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #159
Please let me know where is this 3 push type screw belong in your car that you show in the last picture? Do you remove any screw under the front bumper ?

Thank you very much for your help & support about fender removal [clap] ,

I will follow your footsteps.
Sorry i thought you know that.Here the pic's are ! first two.

Hi Kannan, Very nice thread indeed. I am attaching the screen shot of swift's Rear end door actuator, Please see if it helps you with the fitting of the lock assembly.
Sumit ui have the swift manual what you have my friend.

I want to see the real fittingg done in the rear door as i have posted the pictures for your reference.

Also the rear door trims are not big complication in the removal as you have only one push lock. Just push the lock inside and remove the trim that it.

I have show mine its manual lock you can see it.

Just picture the rear wiper, power lock, rear door switch fixture that what i need from you my friend. pic 3 to 7.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your guidance about removing the back fender cover and gaining access of the back fog lamp assembly. Here is picture of my side - > The fog lamp assembly made by Umax and the lamp is Halonix H8 35W single filament halogen.

In the assembly I came across a turning ring and can be turn any direction left / right easily by fingers - What is it ?

20140921_154053.jpg

20140921_154753.jpg

Here is the connector and it is very easily accessible,

20140921_154859.jpg

By this time I'm so happy about my success - I almost going to order a set of LED for trial run but then thought, lets try to remove the right hand side one too - then proceed to buying part.

And thank god I tried [surprise] and my joy short lived [confused]

After opening the right hand side I greeted with this,below is the actual view

20140921_163146.jpg

If I mange and able to reach my finger behind the Fog Assembly there is no way I can pull out the connector plug without damaging it, say if I able to do that, there is no space to remove 1.5 inch long H8 halogen bulb without removing wiper water tank.

20140921_163133.jpg

hmmm - feel Sad. [frustration]

Thread Starter #161
If I mange and able to reach my finger behind the Fog Assembly there is no way I can pull out the connector plug without damaging it, say if I able to do that, there is no space to remove 1.5 inch long H8 halogen bulb without removing wiper water tank.

hmmm - feel Sad. [frustration]
Just remove the lock of connecting wires and twist the bulb to move as removal of washer tank is not an easy task.

The ring mentioned is to adjust the angle of the fog lamp as manual ring.

For example you have head light adjustment switch in dash which as motor drive in the headlamp assembly from (0,1,2,3 position).But in the fog lamp we have to adjust it as manually.

Attachments

Just remove the lock of connecting wires and twist the bulb to move as removal of washer tank is not an easy task.
By judging your posted picture the OLD Ritz got plenty of space behind the right side fog lamp to work with,but in NEW Ritz there is no place at all, reason I belive the new designed bumper and smiley face etc to blame.

My experienced so far I can't even touch the coupler lock to push to release with my finger due to lack of space, To do that at least I need three finger but there hardly any space for a single finger. If I succeed to remove that connector there is no space to remove the 1+ inch long bulb or insert any new bulb. The wall of wiper tank restrict the access. At first I thought the material (polythene) used to build the tank may bend if it soft type, but it is hard as rock / brick - no flexibility there too. [roll]

The ring mentioned is to adjust the angle of the fog lamp as manual ring.

For example you have head light adjustment switch in dash which as motor drive in the headlamp assembly from (0,1,2,3 position).But in the fog lamp we have to adjust it as manually.
Thanks for the diagram picture,it explained - Thought something like this when it turned so easily, so didn't twist it much, carefully retain it's original position.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #163
By judging your posted picture the OLD Ritz got plenty of space behind the right side fog lamp to work with,but in NEW Ritz there is no place at all, reason I belive the new designed bumper and smiley face etc to blame.
may be in new ritz the space reduced i can able to remove as space is available you see in the picture itself.

then its better to remove the bumper to do replacement.

Thread Starter #164
Hai Sumit, as your car is OEM factory fitted key-less entry does ZXI variant comes with shock sensor inbuilt in the Key-less unit or its is normal one.

Doubt raised me because the Key-less transmitted has only two button (Lock,Unlock).

No silent lock or unlocking.

If any one has the ZXI variant can share their views[:)]

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello,

Question to kannan.cnkr,

As you mentioned in the post number #142 in this thread about H11 bulb which are 55 watt, did you use any relay or ceramic holder/coupler to deal with heat or anything ? Do use your Fog lamp with your head lamp at the same time ? Or use one of them at a time.

Also like to know if I change one 55 watt bulb for fog another kept to 35 watt, Am I inviting any trouble ?

My question is how much car like Ritz can take when Engine is running ?

Say If I add 55 watt fog,

During High Beam 60+60 = 120 watt with Fog 55+55= 110 watt Total = 230 watt max consumption.

Now with stock lights, High Beam 60+60 = 120 watt with Fog 35+35= 70 watt Total = 190 watt max consumption.

There is 40 watt deficiency.

Forget to mention the battery provided at Ritz Diesel is DIN65 which 65 Ah current.

Last edited:

Top Bottom