Five New Features in Volkswagen Vento Highline

350Z

Core Team
Alert Vento Buyers! Volkswagen will be adding leatherette seats to Vento Highline. This will also result in a price increase to a certain level. Source: Carkhabri.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: ICE Upgrade for Vento Highline (Petrol)

I had booked Vento Highline Petrol at Lucknow on 22.05.2012 and car was delivered on 06.06.2012.

I got the registration papers only yesterday and I noticed that the car delivered to me is August, 2011 model. It does not contain parking sensors, steering mounted audio controls, blue tooth, lumber support, leather wrapped steering wheel etc.

On inquiry I was told that 2012 model has not yet been introduced in the market.

Please let me know if it is true and what course of action is available to me

I think they have given you some old model. The steering mounted controls, bluetooth etc should be there. I recently read a report of the Vento Diesel Highline and saw all the features you mentioned in it. Vento 2012 is already out. Report it and also decode the VIN number to get the details like the manufacturing date etc of the car.

(Don't know if they have stopped giving out the updated highline variant because of some technical glitch or something like that. But that's highly unlikely)

Check this thread @ TAI http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...e-new-features-volkswagen-vento-highline.html

Will send you the link of the report that I read via PM if needed.

Last edited:

Sorry. Ajay, since you have confirmed that it is an August 2011 model, you should take up this issue seriously. You should be getting the 2012 model since you booked in 2012. The car you now have might be one of their test drive vehicles. You should have checked it earlier. Report this to the dealer and then to Volksawagen. How much did you pay for the car? The revised price is a bit higher than the old one.

Mods, please convert the last three posts of this thread into a new thread if possible.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

i agree with billion$kid. you should have got the 2012 model since you booked it in the 5th month of 2012.

first call the dealer if they say can't do anything , call the customer support and they will take the issue seriously.

Could somebody tell me how to lodge the complaint with VOLKSWAGEN. I send e.mail to customer care but no body responded. I call there toll free number but it only kept me waiting and nobody attended. I got one telephone number of their Mumbai office 022 40547000 but I met with the same fate.

I would be thankful if somebody can provide me contact numbers/ email ID of some higher authorities in Volkswagen in India.

Could somebody tell me how to lodge the complaint with VOLKSWAGEN. I send e.mail to customer care but no body responded. I call there toll free number but it only kept me waiting and nobody attended. I got one telephone number of their Mumbai office 022 40547000 but I met with the same fate.

I would be thankful if somebody can provide me contact numbers/ email ID of some higher authorities in Volkswagen in India.
That's unbelievable. Did you contact the dealer? Why not collect the contact details from them? Or you may contact other dealers in UP and collect the details from them.

Sangitajay

Buddy, the vento highline petrol is not yet here in showrooms anywhere in India. Only diesel is available and all the features you are talking about comes in diesel as of now.

If the dealer told you that the vento HL petrol has all the above mentioned features, then its their responsibility to deliver you the new model. But I think you should have clarified about the presence of such features beforehand.

Parking sensors, leather upholstery, steering mounted control are in new petrol model which is expected to be around end of July in showrooms, and guess what they will come with a hike of about 60-70k.

I think you should have a long talk with your dealer and convince him to cancel the booking and go for new one.

I had booked Vento Highline Petrol at Lucknow on 22.05.2012 and car was delivered on 06.06.2012.

I got the registration papers only yesterday and I noticed that the car delivered to me is August, 2011 model. It does not contain parking sensors, steering mounted audio controls, blue tooth, lumber support, leather wrapped steering wheel etc.

On inquiry I was told that 2012 model has not yet been introduced in the market.

Did you specify at the time of booking that you want the new model ONLY, with all the above features present?

If no, then sorry to say, that the dealer wont be proved wrong here. You booked a highline and they gave you a highline. You were not cheated as the booking order form did not specify the "new Vento 2012 Highline" or whatever they call it.

That is ridiculous. They have promised to give those features on both 2012 HL diesel and petrol. And it's now available on diesel HL and not in petrol HL? It's already June.

Raj, but how can they give him a car manufactured in August 2011? Don't you think there's some foul play? The guy who booked his car in 2012 should get a car manufactured in 2012!

@sangitajay:
Sorry to hear ur situation, no doubt i'd be angry and fuming if i was in your state.
U must get a 2012 manufactured vehicle, no matter what the feature set is!

Try out the Volkswagen India Facebook page.
Volkswagen India | Facebook
Post ur complaint on the wall. That should get them to react faster as there's a larger audience on that one.

All the best.

@sangitajay

if your car is already registered with RTO then I'm afraid theres nothing you can do! You should have checked everything before signing the registration papers. Theres a need to be educated well enough when we go out to buy expensive things, especially cars and these kind of problems (dealers pushing older vehicles to unsuspecting customers) are very common. still leave a strong worded message at VW India facebook page. Dont have too high hopes though

Sad indeed. May be you should get your car inspected for any damages and rusts and take some corrective steps now itself, rather than having any issues later (not trying to scare you in anyway). Did the dealer give you any discounts on the car ? I hope that the dealer at least had that courtesy. There is a 2012 model, it was around 60k costlier than 2011 model, here in Bangalore two months ago. Perhaps you are better off with 2011 model, considering all is well with the car. Also, I understand that the petrol versions, at least the HL variants, are not immediately available for delivery.

Last edited:
Raj, but how can they give him a car manufactured in August 2011? Don't you think there's some foul play? The guy who booked his car in 2012 should get a car manufactured in 2012!
If the customer has demanded that he needs a 2012 car only, then the dealership cannot give him a 2011 car. In such a case, the dealership will mention this on the BOF.

But if the customer has not said anything about this, then the dealership can allot any car they want, as long as it is a Vento Highline.

If what you say is to be followed, then how will a dealership survive? Every year, by December 31st, do you expect the dealership to scrap or discard all their old stocks so that the customer gets a new stock only? Why would a dealership face such huge losses?

So it is our responsibility to tell them that we want a 2012 car, failing which we cannot crib if they give us a 2011 model. Even if you go to the court, I am sure the dealership will have a stronger case as there was no "cheating" over here.

Thanks. I thought they offer huge discounts to clear the stocks and a guy booking a car in 2012 cant be given a 2011 manufactured car.

But still it's not a November or December 2011 car. It was manufactured in August 2011! That doesn't smell good at all [:D].

Top Bottom