Fitting Alto K10 Steering on Alto 800

ss80,

I think that M800 doesn't require any power steering as i has already good control while driving. If you particularly face some problems get it checked and repaired. When i tried in my car i was able to make an U-turn with 2 rotations in a normal steering while trying with other suzuki brand base model cars i found it hard as it took 3-4 rotations to make a u-turn. So jus think before you take any decision. [;)]
Hi, I am looking for alto K10 steering wheel & not power steering. You are right M800 doesnt need Power steering, The steering wheel size is pretty big (I mean diameter), so looking for a smaller diameter one.

oh ok.. but i think both alto and M800 steering wheel is of same size. Bcos i have driven my friend's car. I didn't feel any difference in the size of the steering wheel.[thinking]

oh ok.. but i think both alto and M800 steering wheel is of same size. Bcos i have driven my friend's car. I didn't feel any difference in the size of the steering wheel.[thinking]
Hmmm I have not driven Alto K10, however I have driven Alto 800cc. Alto 800 & M800 steering are very thin compared to the K10steering wheel. I dont like the steering wheel cover (of any type) while I drive car. The M800 type 1 steering is too thin, planning to get a M800 type 2 steering wheel (costs 550/-) slightly thicker than Type 1.

Varun, your car is type 2, Is the steering wheel thicker than my car's?

Here is a picture of the K10/Wagon R steering on M800 Type1! found it on the internet.

I have also seen this live in a Maruti 800 Type1 near my home, when I enquired the Owner regarding the mods he had to do to fit this K10 steering wheel, he said he had no idea. The mechanic had done this while servicing whole car.

525205660_715150007e_z.jpg

Here is a picture of the K10/Wagon R steering on M800 Type1! found it on the internet.

I have also seen this live in a Maruti 800 Type1 near my home, when I enquired the Owner regarding the mods he had to do to fit this K10 steering wheel, he said he had no idea. The mechanic had done this while servicing whole car.

View attachment 64908
Whoa. the car seems quite unique, a k10 steering in a Autobox 800. Well i suspect some sort of jugaad here as the milling of k10 & 800s(incl. alto 800) steering is different.

But doesn't it look awkward ? I feel the Zen type 2, 3 spoke steering is the best for 800. You can fit an auto gear box in an 800, I have seen it too.

Yes it looks like a misfit. The steering of M800 especially Type1's should not be replaced as looks get spoilt. Infact I will be replacing my Type2 steering wheel with a Type1 shortly & retain the Oldy's beauty [:)]

Whoa. the car seems quite unique, a k10 steering in a Autobox 800. Well i suspect some sort of jugaad here as the milling of k10 & 800s(incl. alto 800) steering is different.
That is not an Autobox. I have seen this picture along with other pictures of the car elsewhere. It's just a Auto look alike lever fitted on the normal shift stick.

You can fit an auto gear box in an 800, I have seen it too.
Only if you can find an Autobox. Very few were produced as it was only sold to disabled persons. Anyway the 800 autobox was a 2 speed one, so nothing great.

That is not an Autobox. I have seen this picture along with other pictures of the car elsewhere. It's just a Auto look alike lever fitted on the normal shift stick.
I feel otherwise. There's no Clutch pedal there, and the brake pedal is wider as it usually is with AT cars. My guess could be wrong if the owner has managed to connect the clutch with the shift lock button on the shifter lever.

Anyway the 800 autobox was a 2 speed one, so nothing great.
Wasn't it a 3-speed Auto?

Only if you can find an Autobox. Very few were produced as it was only sold to disabled persons. Anyway the 800 autobox was a 2 speed one, so nothing great.
I second the above post. Please note there is no Clutch, hence its a true auto box. You are correct M800 Auto was sold very limited.

I feel otherwise. There's no Clutch pedal there, and the brake pedal is wider as it usually is with AT cars. My guess could be wrong if the owner has managed to connect the clutch with the shift lock button on the shifter lever.

I recently saw a M800 AT (90s model) for sale for 48K. I guess it is 2 speed only.

Original thread -

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ia-s-first-most-affordable-automatic-car.html

I feel otherwise. There's no Clutch pedal there, and the brake pedal is wider as it usually is with AT cars.
Oops missed that. You're right, it is a real auto. I have however also seen pics of a car with the pseudo-auto lever

No, the 3-Speed came on the Zen, Wagon R & Esteem AX models.

I recently saw a M800 AT (90s model) for sale for 48K. I guess it is 2 speed only.
Is it still available?

Top Bottom