Fitness Mantra - Tips and Discussions

Okay !!! I am 5' 11'' and weight 89 Kg.
I know that is too much. I am trying to reduce but nothing is working perfectly. Simply because I can resist anything but not temptation [;)]

I am on diet now and hope to reduce a little bit in another 1 month or so !

Thread Starter #35
Okay !!! I am 5' 11'' and weight 89 Kg.
I know that is too much. I am trying to reduce but nothing is working perfectly. Simply because I can resist anything but not temptation [;)]

I am on diet now and hope to reduce a little bit in another 1 month or so !
You are what you EAT ! Try resisting the temptation.[:D]

You can try this. Make a small diary and write down the things you eat.This helps keeping a check on what all wrong things you eat.

[cheers]
----------Next Post------------
Anybody into Yogasanas here? Would love to share info regarding that.

Cheers,
Vroom
I used to do when i was a small boy but now now!![:)]
hehehe same here, thats why thought if there is an expert amongst us, I will learn.

Vroom
Hey even i am interested in yoga.It relaxes your body more than anything else.

Well we do a part of it in our gym. In crunches (abs exercise) we breath out heavily while our stomach goes in. Its called the kapal bhati aasan.

But the yogis do it in a sitting position.[:D]

Last edited:
Re: Gadgets for Good Health

@ been there : Nice thread and thanks for sharing these information of different gadgets.
I was never aware of these gadgets.
Well can you share some tips for staying fit.
I have put some weight, and i usually lose some weight during my long driving.
But rest of the time i usually spend time with Tv or Gadgets.

So can you share any tips to shed those extra flabs.
Thanks in advance.

And i did really missed this thread for so long.

Let's see if we can talk about your question.

Your profile reads that youre just out of college. I assume you are in the 20-30 year age group. That's the golden years.

I also see that you're from bengaluru, and I assume you're a beer lover.

Im no doctor but here is my suggestion:

1 know you're current weight. And then see how far are you off on the recommended age/weight chart. Google "us army age weight chart" for recommended band.

2 eat less meat, pizza, sweets and any thing that has fat/cholesterol/sodium. You will need to stop taking poor diet/fat rich/oil rich foods

3 eat a fruit every day. I prefer the afternoons, but you can choose any time. Oranges, grapes are my favourites.

4 sleep more, and sleep right. Don't stay awake beyond normal hours. Google "circadian rhythm" to know more

5 get a hobby (other than driving). Hobby keeps you fit.

6 walk/jog/gym routine. You must have a fitness routine for 5 hours in a week.

And lastly, have patience. You took a long time to put on weight. It will take some time to lose it.

Let's see if we can talk about your question.

Your profile reads that youre just out of college. I assume you are in the 20-30 year age group. That's the golden years.
I am 22 now.

I also see that you're from bengaluru, and I assume you're a beer lover.
No i never booze.
Im no doctor but here is my suggestion:

1 know you're current weight. And then see how far are you off on the recommended age/weight chart. Google "us army age weight chart" for recommended band.
I am 88 kg, 6 feet tall.
2 eat less meat, pizza, sweets and any thing that has fat/cholesterol/sodium. You will need to stop taking poor diet/fat rich/oil rich foods
I eat pizza's occasionally.
3 eat a fruit every day. I prefer the afternoons, but you can choose any time. Oranges, grapes are my favourites.
I love Mangoes.
4 sleep more, and sleep right. Don't stay awake beyond normal hours. Google "circadian rhythm" to know more
Yes coming to this point i am not sleeping on time, will have to follow this from now on. Spending time watching movies.
5 get a hobby (other than driving). Hobby keeps you fit.
As its raining, jogging habbit has stopped.
6 walk/jog/gym routine. You must have a fitness routine for 5 hours in a week.

And lastly, have patience. You took a long time to put on weight. It will take some time to lose it.
My replies in bold.

Re: Fitness Mantra

You know, you're very young to worry about yourself. But it's good that you're so focussed on your health. I wish if I was as curious as you are.

Also, I am encouraged that you're non boozer. That takes about 750-1500 calories off a sitting. And that's good for you.

To me, I think a few extra pounds is fine for your age. But if you insist, may I recommend jogging/brisk walking 6-10 kilometers (4-5 miles) based on your convenience and availability of time. That will take care of your concern in about 1-3 months.

Remember, your weight will increase slightly the first few weeks before slowly going down.

Re: Fitness Mantra

Hi guys
I am here now
I can give you tips. You are welcome to ask me questions
Before you ask me something please do let me know some things:

Height
Weight
Body type (slim,obese,athletic,muscluar)
Diet : (veg , non veg, vegan )
Allergic (Celiac , nuts )
Your Aim

Re: Pics of YOU!!

Are you gaining at the moment or trying to get ripped ?
Raja am not gaining I just lost 4-5 kgs

I weigh 69KG now

currently on Musclepharm Combat protein (2 serves ) + Musclepharm creatine
BSN Aminox (intra workout) and Optimen by Optimum Nutrition ( Multivitamins)

I bulked up last year on Universal Real gains and Optimum Pro complex gainer

Raja am not gaining I just lost 4-5 kgs

I weigh 69KG now

currently on Musclepharm Combat protein (2 serves ) + Musclepharm creatine
BSN Aminox (intra workout) and Optimen by Optimum Nutrition ( Multivitamins)

I bulked up last year on Universal Real gains and Optimum Pro complex gainer
slightly OT
but how much do you think the muscle development has helped you by the use of protein supplements?

Though i have not used any of them but many instructors have suggested me to use them because in their words for the "broad shoulders" i have i can easily get better results .

Not to mention with the trouble i have to deal already with clothes not fitting me to size i do not want to get into further trouble where readymade clothes do not fit me and i have to depend upon a tailor to get my clothes done. [confused]

slightly OT
but how much do you think the muscle development has helped you by the use of protein supplements?

Though i have not used any of them but many instructors have suggested me to use them because in their words for the "broad shoulders" i have i can easily get better results .

Not to mention with the trouble i have to deal already with clothes not fitting me to size i do not want to get into further trouble where readymade clothes do not fit me and i have to depend upon a tailor to get my clothes done. [confused]
May I answer your question too .
Protein supplement is just a handy and easy way to complete your protein requirement which in today's busy world becomes very difficult.
I eat 180gms of protein everyday for past 8 years.
My breakfast is 12 egg whites + curd
Lunch is chicken + veg
Evening 2 scoops of protein shake
Dinner- chicken and veg .
2 scoops of protein is 50 gms of protein while 12 egg whites contain 48 gms
Now what easy to make and eat ? Here the protein shake comes handy . And after you work out supplement helps because that is time time when you need fast acting protein so your body can absorb it faster when it needs the most .

Becoming broad heavy like a body builder has nothing to do with food supplements as much it has to do with overall calorie intake ,training , genetics and many factors.
If you can complete your protein requirement through whole foods great if you find it difficult protein supplement will help they key here is getting your protein requirement for the day fulfilled .
When codenamed said he bulked up last time means he was eating overall more then what he is eating now .

how much protein are you consuming everyday .?

Top Bottom