Fitness Mantra - Tips and Discussions

Re: Pics of YOU!!

Raja am not gaining I just lost 4-5 kgs

I weigh 69KG now

currently on Musclepharm Combat protein (2 serves ) + Musclepharm creatine
BSN Aminox (intra workout) and Optimen by Optimum Nutrition ( Multivitamins)

I bulked up last year on Universal Real gains and Optimum Pro complex gainer
Quite a good stack [:)] are u using fish oil ? Calcium ?

Superbad , there you Go Raja with very good explanation

Raja, you are right ,if you can eat food to fullfill your daily protein intake you can make the difference quicker.

for me its just plain hard.
I am vegeterian - no eggs no fish no meat no chicken etc.

Thats why I rely on protein shakes , I import most of them from bodybuilding.com and I spend a lot .
I don't take fish oil because of the reason its derived from fish. Same goes for calcium , i rely on milk and curd/yoghurt for that.

@Mustang - Haha I have a muscle car and a Tuner favorite Japanese car

this was shot last year i've built up bit more than this. I am in gray T shirt and thats my mate meetinder in black/

Attachments

Last edited:

I am not comfortable in taking creatine. The main reason what creatine does is to increase the water holding capacity of the muscles because of which you increase the size is less time. But the moment you stop intake of creatine, all is lost coz the muscles leave water. There are also reports of creatine not being good for kidney.

On the other hand, whey protein is fantastic, infact it is nothing but protein extract from milk. Whey concentrate & more importantly whey isolate is important, see their %age separately in the content rather than mere protein %age per serving. This is very good for vegetarians (like me) who can't eat eggs, chicken etc.

If you do regular hard-core workout, then for men, the protein intake should be 1 gm/kg of body weight, while for girls it should be 0.60-0.70 gm/kg of body weight. And this protein is total intake of protein which includes that from regular food included.

I am not comfortable in taking creatine. The main reason what creatine does is to increase the water holding capacity of the muscles because of which you increase the size is less time. But the moment you stop intake of creatine, all is lost coz the muscles leave water. There are also reports of creatine not being good for kidney.

On the other hand, whey protein is fantastic, infact it is nothing but protein extract from milk. Whey concentrate & more importantly whey isolate is important, see their %age separately in the content rather than mere protein %age per serving. This is very good for vegetarians (like me) who can't eat eggs, chicken etc.

If you do regular hard-core workout, then for men, the protein intake should be 1 gm/kg of body weight, while for girls it should be 0.60-0.70 gm/kg of body weight. And this protein is total intake of protein which includes that from regular food included.
Right now iam not taking creatine. But the reports of it being bad on kidney are overblown , infact creatine is very good for heart too . When you take creatine the water intake must increase so you don't have water retention problem . I take a blend protein egg+ milk casein slow digesting protein .

Superbad , there you Go Raja with very good explanation

Raja, you are right ,if you can eat food to fullfill your daily protein intake you can make the difference quicker.

for me its just plain hard.
I am vegeterian - no eggs no fish no meat no chicken etc.

Thats why I rely on protein shakes , I import most of them from bodybuilding.com and I spend a lot .
I don't take fish oil because of the reason its derived from fish. Same goes for calcium , i rely on milk and curd/yoghurt for that.

@Mustang - Haha I have a muscle car and a Tuner favorite Japanese car

this was shot last year i've built up bit more than this. I am in gray T shirt and thats my mate meetinder in black/
Maybe you can have hemp seed oil or flax oil for the omega 3 and it's a pain to be a vegetarian and do body building although it's not impossible it is tuff I can very well understand your dependence on supplements .

Right now iam not taking creatine. But the reports of it being bad on kidney are overblown , infact creatine is very good for heart too . When you take creatine the water intake must increase so you don't have water retention problem .
These are not over-blown but know a chap myself. And excessive water is bad for bladder too. Anything excessive is bad, be it protein, calcium, etc.

I take a blend protein egg+ milk casein slow digesting protein .
This is not good as post-work out shake. You can have it as regular protein shake but surely not post work-out.

^^^^ I do take normal whey post workout on my training days . Recent research has proved that casein protein does recovery better post workout google Alan Aragon articles and Lyle McDonald articles best no nonsense honest guys in the industry . It was Lyle whose diet helped me to lose my weight from 120 kgs to 80.

^^^^ I do take normal whey post workout on my training days . Recent research has proved that casein protein does recovery better post workout google Alan Aragon articles and Lyle McDonald articles best no nonsense honest guys in the industry . It was Lyle whose diet helped me to lose my weight from 120 kgs to 80.
Thanks, will surely check those out.[:)]

Taking Creatine is not bad at all
if you take the recommended intake that is 5 gm

There are different type of creatines available these days
Creatine monohydrate is the basic one that needs alot of water and takes about 2 weeks for loading.

I am using Musclepharm Creatine, it has this blend :
(Creapure, Creatine AAB, DiCreatineMalate, Creatine Nitrate, Con-Cret®, Cinnulin PF®.)

and thats a myth that you lose muscle ones you stop taking it,most of the creatine recommendations say that take it for 2 months and then stop and take a break before you take again.

Raja made a valid point about Casien

Casein is good for you if you train hard and spend few hours in the gym , its often called night protein .

Musclepharm has a blend of proteins and the reason why I take it.

(Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydroslate), Micellar Casein, Egg White Albumen ) Plus Amino acids.

WPI and WPC are the 2 well known protein states.

WPI = always good
WPC=helps when your bulking up
Hydroslate = is like a Ferrari in cars (but too expensive)

There are different proteins as well :
Egg protein
Rice protein
Casein.

You have to do a proper research , taking supplements isn't a bad thing.

You know whats bad?
STEROIDS and HGH (human Growth Hormones)

I am now - going [:D] what a typo
sounds great .incase you order stuff from USA I would suggest you to try trueprotien.com here you can costomize your protienin the ratio you want. I stopped spending a lot of money on supplements after I became a memeber of Lyle McDonald forum. Pls visit bodyrecomposition.com you will undderstand you actually need very very few supplements for your fitness goals.

Thanks man

I can goto bodybuilding.com and get stuff from there but the thing is in australia they don't let any sh*t stuff to come to australia
Do you know how grading system is
1st grade protein is produced by NZ (best on whole world)
then comes Aussie and then american

I'll visit those sites thanks bro :)

Thanks man

I can goto bodybuilding.com and get stuff from there but the thing is in australia they don't let any sh*t stuff to come to australia
Do you know how grading system is
1st grade protein is produced by NZ (best on whole world)
then comes Aussie and then american

I'll visit those sites thanks bro :)
There are many members on that forum from Australia too . What you will get from that forum is honest answers it's not a typical bro kind of typical forum people there are themselves very educated and any advice given to you will be with research and source to that research on top of it they will guide you how not to buy useless products and marketing hype Lyle himself is very active on the forum .it will also change your perspective and will make you a more rational thinker .the facts are quite unsexy means I was just told to eat my normal whole food and use only whey after or before exercise no need to take any bcc a, I was only suggested creatine, omega 3 , vitamin d , and simple plain whey or cassien.

Yeah thats good man
We do alot of research before we buy anything . I do replace some things for my normal use. I am not sure if it does anything to me or not but I think feel better when I take them
Specially when am training hard say today I just came home from gym , took Aminox by BSN Intra workout , means you drink it while working out.

Whey protein , you know there are different kinds right - Concentrate , Isolate , hydroslate , casein ,cross filtered , ultra filtered, cold infused .
newest one was Huma pro

All you need is a good Protein means which has a decent blend of basic protein types say - Concentrate - Isolate and Casein

and if you have multivitamins and minerals in there its good if not buy them keeps you active.

Creatine I take once a year for 2 months thats it.

Flaxseed oil is a good source of Omega 3 ( veg) , I used to take it when I started gym , Guess its time again to take it.

what are the programs your using and how many days?

Yeah thats good man
We do alot of research before we buy anything . I do replace some things for my normal use. I am not sure if it does anything to me or not but I think feel better when I take them
Specially when am training hard say today I just came home from gym , took Aminox by BSN Intra workout , means you drink it while working out.

Whey protein , you know there are different kinds right - Concentrate , Isolate , hydroslate , casein ,cross filtered , ultra filtered, cold infused .
newest one was Huma pro

All you need is a good Protein means which has a decent blend of basic protein types say - Concentrate - Isolate and Casein

and if you have multivitamins and minerals in there its good if not buy them keeps you active.

Creatine I take once a year for 2 months thats it.

Flaxseed oil is a good source of Omega 3 ( veg) , I used to take it when I started gym , Guess its time again to take it.

what are the programs your using and how many days?
Come Tuesday I will use lyles rapid fat loss program for 6 weeks then 2 weeks break eat maintenance calories if need will again maybe do rapid fat loss for 2 weeks and then do a small bulk cycle .

Top Bottom