Fitness Mantra - Tips and Discussions

guyz am very thin. want to get tall and make better body. experts pls suggest :please:

If you are a non-vegetarian, eat pork, atleast twice a week. And once you increased your mass, we can talk about reducing it again later:biggrin:

For me personally, I do not follow any strict diet pattern. I am 5.10 and I weigh 80 kilos and I am 28 years old working in an IT. But I do have a very active lifestyle. I run 30 minutes outdoor everyday in the morning and I cycle about 150 kms(total) on weekends.
An active lifestyle+your corporate lifestyle do not go along. It is a very difficult task. Which is why, most of us, after we cross the age of 30, we tend to put on more weights because of the sedentary lifestyle at work and at home and it becomes even more difficult to reduce weight because of the slow metabolic activities due to your age. If you do not maintain your weight, you will have BP, diabetes, Arthritis, obesity, heart problems, and many other illnesses. So it becomes very important to pay attention to our health and dedicate at-least 30 minutes of your busy schedules doing some cardio exercises.
Live long and Prosper!!!

This thread has lost its presence.

Let me shout out on what all he TAI'ns are doing to stay fit.

I have started walking + jogging everyday day.

The app run keeper monitors the calories burned.

It also helps reminds you to workout, which is good in today's lifestyle.

With less physical work, we have to workout.

Been there, it's been so long.

Waiting to hear from you.

This thread has lost its presence.

Let me shout out on what all he TAI'ns are doing to stay fit.
Sure it appear that fitness appear least interested thing.

Well, I run 5KM everyday on treadmill (at 6KMPH speed, within 45-50 min, with one 10 min rest in between). Fitness is essential for everybody, especially after 40 years of life, whether you live sedentary corporate life or walk here & there during business hours.

To decrease fat for obesity & to decrease calorie for diabetes is part of fitness but is not total fitness. Means not only obese or diabetic persons require exercises, but everybody requires.

Last edited:
Nice thread but I spotted it now only :biggrin: ! For me,I am 15 and I am an Asthma Patient and I used to take Salbetumol and Steroids.I stopped Steroids an year ago as doc said It was Dangerous,I ride 7km everyday in my cycle at 20-30kmh speed.But It had a weakness,I was as fat as a thick red jelly plum cake ! I was obese with approximately 68 kg last year.Remember Steroids help gain weight and Muscles.I had No belief in yoga until I was forced to join a year ago.After that eveything changed,I lost 12kgs of weight and became like a puny icecream stick,Health condition improved alot,Medicine effect also improvd,Tottaly free from Cold and cough,Stomach is always happy and never get upsets ! And What not.I totally recommend you guys to do yoga than gym exercise.Thank you

Nice thread but I spotted it now only :biggrin: ! For me,I am 15 and I am an Asthma Patient and I used to take Salbetumol and Steroids.I stopped Steroids an year ago as doc said It was Dangerous,I ride 7km everyday in my cycle at 20-30kmh speed.But It had a weakness,I was as fat as a thick red jelly plum cake ! I was obese with approximately 68 kg last year.Remember Steroids help gain weight and Muscles.I had No belief in yoga until I was forced to join a year ago.After that eveything changed,I lost 12kgs of weight and became like a puny icecream stick,Health condition improved alot,Medicine effect also improvd,Tottaly free from Cold and cough,Stomach is always happy and never get upsets ! And What not.I totally recommend you guys to do yoga than gym exercise.Thank you
- Rather than oral bronchodilators (Salbutamol) or steroids, go for inhaler drugs (steroids in inhaler route has almost nil systemic side effects).

-Yoga (& walking) is good for body & mind fitness. To reduce calorie (obese & diabetic persons) one has to do fast walking / cycling / gym, no other options.

Oh Mr.Dhoom,I was talking about steroid Inhalers only.They have side effects which my mom is Suffering now.She has been taking steroid inhalers for the past 32 years !! And,I go to yoga centere with my Cycle at good speeds.Yoga also helps reducing calories sir.I am just 57 KG Now.Thank you

Ok, just received medical report of my checkup and came to know that I'm overweight by 10 kgs[surprise] and borderline Fasting Food Sugar[cry] (I'm ONLY 27).
So, want to drop some sheds of those extra fat [at least 8 kgs] in another 6 months.
Being a software engineer (and lazy about workouts), wanted to know whether only 30 mins of exercise will help in any way ?
Apart from exercise, not eating pizza, burger and bakery food (including biscuits) is the agenda.

But, will eat all kind of indian food (excluding deep fried foods, too much sweets and non-veg food, including egg).

So, any suggestions for treadmill which costs around 30K ?

Any other tips from member will be most helpful.

Ok, just received medical report of my checkup and came to know that I'm overweight by 10 kgs[surprise] and borderline Fasting Food Sugar[cry] (I'm ONLY 27).
So, want to drop some sheds of those extra fat [at least 8 kgs] in another 6 months.
Being a software engineer (and lazy about workouts), wanted to know whether only 30 mins of exercise will help in any way ?
Apart from exercise, not eating pizza, burger and bakery food (including biscuits) is the agenda.

But, will eat all kind of indian food (excluding deep fried foods, too much sweets and non-veg food, including egg).

So, any suggestions for treadmill which costs around 30K ?

Any other tips from member will be most helpful.
Try P90X. Don't know if it'll help. But it should. :3

At what time do you go to your bed?

I usually go to bed by 11:00 pm and wake up at 5:00 am, during the weekends i just go to bed by 11:00 pm and wake up only at 8:00 am (when i have work to be done otherwise it is only around 9:00 am).

My personal advice to all members "Have atleast 6 - 7 Hrs of deep sleep which will be good for your health and as well as your mind". Even though you have hefty amount of work to be finished and to be submited the day after, please give yourself a rest for atleast 6 - 7 Hrs and wake up early the next day and finish your work. Doing the pending works at the morning makes you to finish more faster than in the night time. With stressed mind and body the next day's work would get affected to a certain extent.

Stay healthy and live healthy.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: At what time do you go to your bed?

I often retire to bed at 10~10.30 but keep watching Documentaries/ Reviews on Phone till 11~11.30.
Often times, If I am done with the chores early (8pm), I will spend time with my car. Either go on a slow ride or enjoy music while parked. I often listen upto 2 hours of music in car. My family often is displeased as I am not ready to leave the car! They have to remind me again and again.

My wake up timings have gone lazy these days. Somewhere about 7.00.

few cents from me ...

Cutting out fat is my favorite activity. I have done extreme body transformation to my body i.e. from 85Kgs to 60Kgs twice.

In order to loose weight seriously you need to do below:

1) Heavy Protein diet:-
If you don't want to look week and keep up the body structure and only get in shape protein is the key.
2) Strength training:-,
The heaver you lift more calories you burn.
3) Cardio Training:-
Do cardio for 1-2 times a week if you are working out for 6 days a week. If for 5 days you need to do cardio only for 1 day which is enough. Also we need to get our basics clear cardio will help to loose weight but it will be helpful to increase the stamina which helps us in weight training.
3) No Sugar:-
Go sugar free, Yes you heard me right you should be absolutely ZERO on sugar.
4) Junk:-
Strick no to this. Cut out Junk food and all the greasy food.
5) Rest:-
Most important part is sleep. You need to sleep for around 7-8 hours a day.
6) Water:-
You need to drink min of 4-6 liters of water a day which will mostly keep you full which will not make you hungry.

There are few more tips related to diet / exercise please let me if anyone is interested i will add up few more.

Thanks,
Satyajeet

bhvm

Honoured Member
Satyajeet, Thats an Interesting Transformation and quite nice tips.

What do you recommend in protein for us Vegan Folks?
And Please share more tips buddy!

Top Bottom