First Time Car Buyer's Saga & Initial Ownership Experience

Thread Starter #51
Will do that folks, been really busy with work unfortunately at this time of the year. However, wanted to share a few updates:

1. Finally, completed 1000 kms, infact am at 1200+ now. This is exactly in a months time. That's not bad at all isn't it, doing around 1100 kms in a months time.
2. The car is getting smoother really, feeling good driving it.
3. Gear shifting has become better too, feels like the initial spongy feeling is going away slowly.
4. I don't know if other Punto owners have felt it, but I did a fuel fill (same bunk where I fill always) and suddenly the noise level has come down. I barely hear the engine even if the windows are rolled down.
5. There were a few bad bump jumps that I did, not realizing the height of these and they hit the bottom badly. But still not rattles, the cabin is really silent.
6. Bumper to Bumper I am getting around 16 kmph. When I do the highways, I get around 20-21 kmph.

Other stuff:
1. Still getting used to the long turning radius.
2. hmm.. I don't know if there is something I am disliking, but am overall happy with how its performing.

Oh yes, the most important thing, some auto jerk swerved and smashed the left rear view dome. The holder cracked but luckily the mirror is fine. I went to the dealer today, and the spare was available [:)] and the whole assembly unit costs 2K including fitting and painting. Cheers to Fiat pricing, I must say with auto mirror adjustment costing 2K is pretty good.

Vroom

Great to hear that your punto is doing good.

ANd happy that you are loving each & every bit of your ride.

Great to hear that. Auto mirror at 2k is really good and that too GA. I hope that jerk didnt do any scratches on body

Thread Starter #54
Nope luckily there are no scratches. The guy just took a right and in the process took off the dome with him. Anyways, traffic in Mumbai ****s and that guy was trying to earn a living... so such things happen [:)].

Vroom

1. Finally, completed 1000 kms, infact am at 1200+ now. This is exactly in a months time. That's not bad at all isn't it, doing around 1100 kms in a months time.
This is great. You are almost covering as me[thumbsup].

2. The car is getting smoother really, feeling good driving it.
3. Gear shifting has become better too, feels like the initial spongy feeling is going away slowly.
Just wait, each 1000 KM you complete, you will feel more smoothness and peppy. After 4000KM, its so smooth.
5. There were a few bad bump jumps that I did, not realizing the height of these and they hit the bottom badly. But still not rattles, the cabin is really silent.
Even i came to this reality when i hit bottom once. Now i take care. The GD of all new cars are low. I am not sure if you are aware, the underbody of Punto is much more solid than others. But please take care in future, it hearts when you hear any sound of this kind.

Oh yes, the most important thing, some auto jerk swerved and smashed the left rear view dome. The holder cracked but luckily the mirror is fine. I went to the dealer today, and the spare was available [:)] and the whole assembly unit costs 2K including fitting and painting. Cheers to Fiat pricing, I must say with auto mirror adjustment costing 2K is pretty good.

Vroom
Oh, bad. So auto driver in bombay is as bad as bangalore[confused].
Yes 2K for auto mirror, 2k is good price. Infact, the Punto's spare price is very competitive, only issue, sometimes, the availability. But with time and demand dealer will manage better.

Last edited:
Guys i havent heard any turnoff about Punto from you guys(RSM,Vroom,Grandeur). Is Punto a 5/5 product, Just kidding. I wish with every 1k km your satisfaction increases.

Thread Starter #57
Agreed RSM. Auto guys here are as bad if not worse as in B'lore. I got to know that the entire assembly is the same as in the Linea. 1 day delay is because of them having to paint it.

Vroom
-----------Next Post-----------
Guys i havent heard any turnoff about Punto from you guys(RSM,Vroom,Grandeur). Is Punto a 5/5 product, Just kidding. I wish with every 1k km your satisfaction increases.
Its a really really good car to drive. When I took the car on the highway and overtook at around 100 kmph, its really stable.

One of my friend owns the Chevy UVA and he really liked the drive and the suspension. Finally, he said, if I had to buy a car now, I would have bought it without thinking twice, but Fiat really needs to improve the interiors cause Uva is way better in this department. That sums it up - its got its really good points and its got its minor niggles and drawbacks as well.
But overall VFM, I must say.

Cheers,
Vroom

Last edited:
Its a really really good car to drive. When I took the car on the highway and overtook at around 100 kmph, its really stable.

One of my friend owns the Chevy UVA and he really liked the drive and the suspension. Finally, he said, if I had to buy a car now, I would have bought it without thinking twice, but Fiat really needs to improve the interiors cause Uva is way better in this department. That sums it up - its got its really good points and its got its minor niggles and drawbacks as well.
But overall VFM, I must say.

Cheers,
Vroom

Agree to that. But somehow i like punto as well as lineas interiors.
and about UVA, i have driven that car for a few hundred kms and i found it to be really smooth. Also i had a chance to TD the Linea(demo car), and i must say that i have been in love with her since then. Its drive is as good as uva,to me better than that and Punto has the same engine, it must be good too. Anyways its good that FIAT is well working on service since iwas quite worried when it was announced that fiat cars will be serviced at TATA SS.

Anyways its good that FIAT is well working on service since iwas quite worried when it was announced that fiat cars will be serviced at TATA SS.
Working with TATA is one of the best decision Fiat has taken, in my view. They would have never made the reach to 100 cities in small time. But yes the quality needs improvement, as Tata is not good in that.

Regarding your question on 5/5 for Punto, so many areas are there to improve like better interior fit-and-finish, spare parts availability etc. But the car overall is excellent and you would admire more with time. The engine performance and refinment certainly improves in 1st 4000KM (1KM interval).

@vroom, pictures are pending from your side. I am waiting to see your seat covers..

Last edited:
I think tatas should study how fiat guys are satisfying their customer at TASS. It should be a learning experience for them.
About punto honestly i am truely in love with this car.for me its surely a 5/5.

Top Bottom