First Time Car Buyer's Saga & Initial Ownership Experience

Nicely written buddy.Could actually feel the up's & down's [:D]

One of my sardar friends suggested a used Honda City!!! ('Abe.. status symbol hai boss, ladkiyon ko pasand hai' - same words used by him)
And the above thing was hilarious.[lol]

will comment after reading the full write up buddy. but you are tempting too much. your write up is just awesome. oops. i already started commenting right? sorry . could not resist. intersting story. please write to the fullest atleast by sunday.[drive]

Hey Vroom....congrats on your Punto. Excellent write up man ! You know where to put the 'To be continued.....' mark!! You are a real threat to some of the leading writers !!!! [lol!] Please continue.

Thread Starter #23
Sorry RSM, will surely update this henceforth. I wanted to do it on Sunday evening after the meet, but was just too tired.

Cheers,
Vroom

How are you finding the drive? Are you adjusted to dead pedal?
I took some time to adjust, initially the clutch foot was touching it each time i press the clutch.

Thread Starter #25
Well, the dead pedal does trouble you a little earlier but I did get used to it pretty soon. I have to say this, I don't feel any potholes when I drive over it. I have just driven the car for around 110 kms, but with this distance, I have loved the drive.
On sunday, when a friend was with me, we were just wondering if the car was actually on when we had stopped it at a signal. It was so silent. But yea, the clatter when outside is quite evident.
Somehow, all the reviews that I have read has spoken about the initial pick-up. What I felt was in the 3rd gear. It feels like its taking eternity to take off but it does. I guess, I need to get used to the gear ratios to work this.

Cheers,
Vroom

Good to know that you settled so quickly[thumbsup].
Regarding, 3rd gear pick-up, you will feel only if you gear-up from 2 to 3, in low RPM. If your RPM > 1.5K, you will not feel any lag.
Just wait for sometime and let it cross 1500KM, you can see major change in engine noice and performance.

Thread Starter #28
Thanks cooldhaya. I am really sorry I have been slow in updating my initial ownership experience. Blame it on work.

But I am loving every bit of driving this car. I just don't feel any pot holes when I go over it. The turning radius takes a little time to get used to, but I am really happy with my buy.

Thanks,
Vroom

Great writeup vroom,
I spotted this thread now.

Lessons Learnt:
1. Boy wants car, boy sees 2 cars, boy likes 1 car, boy buys that same car is not a true story at all. This is Bollywood fantasy. This should more be like (as explained above) - Boy wants car, boy searches for car, boy has to decide amongst 8 new cars, boy has immense pressure from well-wishers for particular car, boy overshoots his budget by a mere 350% to get car, boy has immense pressure again on features of the car and so on and so forth..

2. On a serious note, I overshot my budget thanks to the point that I had the bank balance to support it for various reasons mentioned in the previous posts. Beware: Never ever do this, not good for your health, this is..

My booking, dealer, bank/loan experience in my next post (Sorry guys, have to get work done!!)

Cheers,
Vroom
I think the lesson learnt goes like this

Boy wants car, boy searches for car, boy has to decide amongst 8 new cars, boy has immense pressure from well-wishers for particular car, boy overshoots his budget by a mere 350% to get car, boy has immense pressure again on features of the car and selects a variant but his gf is not happy, selects a higher variant, gf still not happy.
Goes even higher, at last satisfied [:D]

Top Bottom