First Drive: Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle Plans to Sell 300 Models in India

Volkswagen India recently launched its super-premium small car model Beetle in India. The company plans to sell 300 units of this bug-shaped model in India next year. The model comes with 2.0L petrol variant with 6-speed automatic transmission and comes with a price tag of Rs. 20.90 lakh. The car is being imported as a completely built unit from VW’s Mexico plant which attracts 104 percent import duty making it a pricy model.

Volkswagen has already received nearly 170 bookings for the car and is hopeful of good sales in the next year. It is also hopes that the model will help the company in its brand building exercising and popularize the brand. “Going by the initial euphoria, we expect to sell around 300 Beetles in 2010," said Raj Sawant, business head of Automark Motors, Volkswagen dealer in Ahmedabad. "We are now getting shipments of 40 cars in a batch. One batch has already landed while the second one is expected soon," he added.

Volkswagen is actively working on its marketing and advertising campaign to build its brand image. It was also reported earlier that VW has tied up with an aircraft leasing company to carry a 10,000 sq ft. banner to travel through the skies of Mumbai on Christmas Eve.

source; cartradeindia.com

350Z

Core Team
Today saw a brand new yellow colored Beetle here which seems to be booked by someone and it was being towed away by a custom estate version of Octavia, No it wasn't the combi! The car had flat deck at rear instead of seats and roof.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Phew! I watched this 7 times, tried hard to correlate to the best of my wild imaginations. Some one please tell me what is this add for ? A girl with curve? A car? A restaurant? A women with eating disorder ?[confused]

i think what it means is that surprise is back. the girl surprised everyone with her appetitie. this car will surprise people for... i dont know what.

The Ad can have lot of interpretations but nothing related to a "CAR".
I hope VW realize that advertising their car in the right sense and in a way everybody can understand is very important.

The Ad is really a joke for you will laugh at it and thats about it. The car is shown only at the end and a bizzare message is shown up as though people buy car for curves.

I love this car but its hugely over priced. We call it a toy car (just for the looks) but it ain't coming that easy.

Last edited:

Top Bottom