First Accident of My Alto K10

hey guys i left my car in maruti service station today morning.
the scorpio driver gave me 5k now and he will give another 5k in evening as he stays near my house. i am also claiming for insurance.
Why are you taking money from him as well as claiming insurance. What you should do is ask your insurance company how much money you will loose on NCB? That is how much will your next years premium be if you claim and how much will it be if you don't. Then if you make a claim how much will you have to put from your pocket. Ask the Scorpio guy to only pay that amount.

For example (Random figures use for purpose of explaining):
Cost of repairs: 10000
Amount paid by insurance: 7000
You pay: 3000
Next year premium without claims: 6000
Next year premium with claims: 6500
Extra premium paid because of claiming insurance: 500

Actual amount put from your pocket: 3500

This is the amount you should take from him.

The guy has been decent enough to offer to pay. I think you should also do the right thing and take only the correct amount from him. After all it was an accident. He didn't intend to damage your car. This way both will be happy.

Thread Starter #17
you are right man. actually i thought not to claim insurance but the manager who was my dads friend forced me to do so.[sad]

you are right man. actually i thought not to claim insurance but the manager who was my dads friend forced me to do so.[sad]
First thing is you should do what Peter is saying. If you are getting Insurance claim , then do not take entire expenses from the Scorp guy, be happy with 5k he has already paid. Even if you are taking money from him, and claiming Insurance you should openly mention this on the forum.[confused]

Why are you taking money from him as well as claiming insurance. What you should do is ask your insurance company how much money you will loose on NCB? That is how much will your next years premium be if you claim and how much will it be if you don't. Then if you make a claim how much will you have to put from your pocket. Ask the Scorpio guy to only pay that amount.

For example (Random figures use for purpose of explaining):
Cost of repairs: 10000
Amount paid by insurance: 7000
You pay: 3000
Next year premium without claims: 6000
Next year premium with claims: 6500
Extra premium paid because of claiming insurance: 500

Actual amount put from your pocket: 3500

This is the amount you should take from him.

The guy has been decent enough to offer to pay. I think you should also do the right thing and take only the correct amount from him. After all it was an accident. He didn't intend to damage your car. This way both will be happy.
you are right man. actually i thought not to claim insurance but .....
A right advice and a right decision by Madhu to accept the advice.

Thread Starter #20
First thing is you should do what Peter is saying. If you are getting Insurance claim , then do not take entire expenses from the Scorp guy, be happy with 5k he has already paid. Even if you are taking money from him, and claiming Insurance you should openly mention this on the forum.[confused]
what is there to hide in this. [confused]
and i too dont feel taking that extra 5k from him.

Last edited:
You dont feel anything because the other guy is gentleman and paying accepting his fault. No vehicle act asks any insured vehicle owner to pay to the other party involved in accident, unless it goes through legal process.

You dont feel anything because the other guy is gentleman and paying accepting his fault. No vehicle act asks any insured vehicle owner to pay to the other party involved in accident, unless it goes through legal process.
Firstly this is how things work. If you have an accident it is necassary for the Police to do a Panchanama. This is the only official record of the accident. Based on the facts recorded in the Panchanama and the evidence collected it is decided how much who is to blame. Say in this case it is 80% fault of the Scorpio and 20% your fault. Now you make a claim for your car and he makes a claim for his. A copy of the Panchanama is submitted. Now your company will pay your claim after deductions for depriciation etc. But since the fault is only 20% yours they will pay 20% from their pocket and claim 80% from the insurance company of the Scorpio. The Scorpio guys company will do the same.

+1 on that. Totally agree with Peter.

And it sure hurts to look at that car in that condition Madhu, I know how bad you might have felt.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
SO sad buddy. [cry] the first stroke is the most hurting. Didnt the scorpio driver see an alto at their back, or he was driving carelessly?

Sorry to see this, but there doesnt seem to be too much of paint loss in the dent, try using the vacuum dent repair technique , u can get a quick and cheap job done

Thread Starter #29
sorry guys i was out of town for few months, so could not undate. and i didnt claim for insurance as the total cost for the repairs was around 13k, the scorpio guy gave me 10k and the balance amount was paid by me.

Sorry to see the accident and happy to know it is fixed now. Respect for that Scorpio owner who paid 10k , most people would not have paid a single penny and will just apologize!

Top Bottom