Finally My Italian Beauty Punto Reached HOME

Thread Starter #153
Few days back had some issue with my Punto. In 1st/2nd/3rd gear, when I was taking a right turn big noise was coming inside the cabin. Of course, A/C was on and hence the noise was pretty heavy. I showed to KHT FASS, they kept the car for 1 day and then started opening the engine bay and tested few mounting points. When next day I visited to FASS, went for a test drive with mechanic and SA. Surprisingly the sound has vanished. When i asked for the reason, they explained that if they open some part, due to manual fitting sometimes if the parts are not fitted properly the cabin noise increases. Well, they have charged me nothing for the fix but I have one query is these fitting issues happens with every dealer or this is just a stupid reason they gave? If they are stating the correct reason to me, then hats off to KHT FASS for sorting the things in one day.

Thread Starter #155
dharmesh, they are saying they opened it during 2nd service (1 yr) to fix some issues. When I asked if that is the case then why I am getting this noise after almost 1 year? The answer was that the part gets misplaced gradually over the time. It is some minor misplacement which gradually creates these noises. I was fortunate that it did not cause any damage to any other parts.

Thread Starter #160
Updating this thread after a long gap. Few changes made to my punto and few milestones achieved.
Recent addition is new shoes.
Stock Tornado JK served me for good 32500 KM with only 2 punctures till date. Here are the new dimensions of my punto's new shoes [:D] 2015-04-16 23.11.20.jpg

IMG-20150416-WA0005.jpg
Make- Michelin
Type- Primacy 3ST
Size- 195/60R15
RSP- 6150/Tyre
Discount-20%
Final Price-4920/Tyre
Upgraded Steel Rim-999 each
Wheel Cover 15"- 350 each
Got for old tyres n rims 14"- 700
Stepney- Still 14"
Work done @ Empire Tyre Whitefield

Satisfied with all the work. Immediate changes are,
- No noise at all
- Turning Radius reduced
- Vehicle still feels steady

So the total cost is approximately 25k.

Thread Starter #161
After sharing a great 7 years with this Italian beauty.. Time has come for an upgrade. I remember those days when I was new to this auto world and how the automotive india community helped a lot to get this gem car called PUNTO. Thank you for that..

The new car according to my need... Mostly fits Honda BR-V.
Planning to get Petrol automatic.. V CVT model. Any feedback n suggestions would really help to get the right product.
Thanks..

Top Bottom