Finally my Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI SX(O) Arrives

Well as promised I had my first "longish" drive to the Bangalore airport. A total of 57.9 kms giving 16.0 km/l as indicated on the dashboard. Drove at 80 kmph where possible, touching 100 kmph just for a few minutes during the journey.

I haven't had the time to speak with MapMyIndia and see anything more on their in-dash replacement. Right now not planning to go in for any upgrades until I save some money [;)].

Driven just a shade over 700 kms to date and here are additional observations;
  • No illumination on the driver's side control buttons, makes it difficult to see which button you're pressing.
  • The sliding arm rest is not adeqauate for me as just the tip of my elbow gets to rest on it. Not really ergonomical.
I would suggest an iPhone for your navigation. You would pay MapmyIndia 40000, just for a navigation device.Whereas navigation is an application in iPhone, and you can still do a lot of things with it.

Thread Starter #17
Thanks Vicky, I do have a Nokia E6 which I use for GPS if I have a real need for it.

My car is now due for its first service. So my next update will be on my experience with Blue Hyundai on their service.

Congrats on your buy Clarenceax, thats cool view of your tachometer.

Look and Style
This is the best looking car in this segment.The interiors are of decent quality and plenty of space comfort i guess.

what you are planning to have for after service parts.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
@Clarenceax
What is the actual mileage you are getting from the traditional tank full to tank full method?
Nways here's my Fluidic CRDi's ODO pic!:biggrin:

Hi gears,
Funny calling you that. Tank to tank, I got 12.5 km/l. At that time MID was displaying 13.9 km/l. Have not been able to figure out the logic which Hyundai use to calculate this value and the distance-to-go-before-refuelling. They don't seem to tally.

Exactly;
First I got around 10kmpl
Then around 14kmpl
Yesterday I got around 13kmpl![frustration]

But the ODO reading is making me happy. Check out my thread. I have posted many ODO pics showing exaggerated FEs![lol]

Thread Starter #23
Apologies for my delayed response. Here is my experience with the "first service".

• Drove over to Blue Hyundai service center in Koramangala, Bangalore
  • Place looks deserted. Hardly any customers. Had second thoughts on seeing this outfit. Apparently a new setup.
  • Service advisor was courteous, but not entirely knowledgable. Said second service was after 6 months, when booklet stated 12 months.
  • Only complaint was slight rattling noise from front left seat.
  • Vehicle was delivered on time, but issue was not fixed.
  • Asked for 3M undercoating of chasis, which was duly done, but then had a few black spots on the body.
  • Had to bring it to their attention so that they would clean it. Interiors were clean though.
  • The service center had no accessories on display. Such a major shame. Well I will have to go Trident or Advaith in Bangalore.

All in all satisfied. Let us see what the tank-to-tank mileage indicates.

Apologies for my delayed response. Here is my experience with the "first service".

• Place looks deserted. Hardly any customers. Had second thoughts on seeing this outfit. Apparently a new setup.
  • Service advisor was courteous, but not entirely knowledgable. Said second service was after 6 months, when booklet stated 12 months.
  • Asked for 3M undercoating of chasis, which was duly done, but then had a few black spots on the body.
  • Had to bring it to their attention so that they would clean it. Interiors were clean though.
  • The service center had no accessories on display. Such a major shame. Well I will have to go Trident or Advaith in Bangalore.

So first service is just check ups and all right?

BTW I have tomorrow's appointment and the center I am going is also a newly opened and deserted one but is the closest to my house.[:D]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

yup , 2nd service will be at the 12th month. don't know why he didn't even know this.

and no service center has accessories [:)] i don't think so , you have to get all the accessories from the showroom itself. service center might have additional oil \ additives etc.

my first service report [:D]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ndai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt-2.html#post154346

i suppose these empty service centers will do your car quickly hardly takes about 1-2 hours unless you have some issues.

my service centre is always jam packed they handle 50-60 cars daily but the sad thing is they have no proper polite customer relations they think customers are dumb and they are smart plus they damaged my car thrice.
first time the sa banged a dog at 30km/h and broke the bumper and fog light, 2nd time they hit my running board and fender on a concrete slab and then while rectifying it using gas welding they set fire to my interior carpet luckily the burnt portion goes behind the footwell, i dint make them replace it as they were only offering to cut of the burnt portion and stick another carpet in that area.

Verna Diesel 1.6 Automatic SX (O) - Review needed

Hello Esteemed members,

I am new to this forum.
I would be getting my Verna D AT SX (O) on coming Monday.
I looked around a lot for an in-depth hands-on review of the car but I couldn't find it. I would really appreciate if any of the members can help me with the same or point me in the direction where I could look for a review of the same.

Thanks and Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom