Finally my Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI SX(O) Arrives

Thread Starter #1
After exactly four long months, I took delivery on April 18th 2012 of my new Hyundai Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI SX(O) (white colour). I'm based in Banaglore and purchased my vehicle from Blue Hyundai.

I decided on Verna CRDI for the following reasons;
a. Looks
b. Had an Petrol Accent from 2002 and age was beginning to show
c. Spiralling cost of Petrol (highest in India)
d. Primarily city driving, covering 42 kms daily
e. Features especially Bluetooth. I use bluetooth not just for phone, but also internet radio (thus not restricted to the local FM channels)
f. Comfort factor in dealing with Hyundai service (10 years through my Accent)

Not been able to go on a long drive so far, but here are my initial observations based on 10 years driving my faithful accent;
a. Internal noise not just better than the average diesel car, but much better than my Accent petrol
b. Suspension better at absorbing the "average" bump
c. Heard & felt a hard metal "clang" when I went into a pothole around 50-60 kmph. Certainly never felt anything like this with my Accent.
d. A/c performed well with the outside temperature at 33 degrees. Was stuck in traffic for about 90 minutes when collecting my vehicle, so it was getting baked fairly well. (Note: no sun-control film of any kind as yet)
e. Acceleration from 2nd gear when vehicle is at a near stand-still picks up only when RPM goes above 1750 RPM.
f. Not been able to figure out if I can search up my contacts on the integrated audio system
g. Driver Information display in the central console has a graphic display of how close you're to objects when reversing.

More observations over the week-end.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard, Clarence. Congrats for Verna. That's a nice quick review. I look forward to some images and more details about the car. Keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Last edited:
Welcome clarenceax.
Congrats on your acquision, the verna.
Hope you have a happy ownership and wishing you many miles of happy driving.
Waiting for pics!

Thread Starter #10
Apologies for not providing any updates over the last few days. Work has been hectic and it means that I have not had a chance to go on any long drive so far. Here are some photos and some observations made while driving to office over the last few days.

• Soft suspension means good city ride, absorbs most of what Bangalore roads throws at us, but when it goes over a set of rumble strips then the back of the car starts to move around.
  • You cannot synch the contact phone book of your mobile into the audio system. You need to use your mobile if you want to make phone calls. This is a major let down. I cannot understand why Hyundai dedcided not have this feature even in their top-end version.
  • Their is no RDS feature in the audio systems. Today even a Rs. 5000/- mobile will have this feature. Again another disappointment.
  • For those of you interested in a OE replacement for your audio, check out something that MapMyIndia have brought out. At Rs. 39,000/- it is far too steep.
  • On the positive side, the bluetooth on the audio system plays back anything that the mobile plays as audio output, which means I can listen to internet radio stations while I'm driving.
  • High beam head light is far better than my Accent. My wife noticed that straightaway.
  • Coming to the ALL important mileage. I drive 40 kms average per day to office. The mileage as indicated on the driver's display hovers between 13.2 to 13.4 km/l. Close to completing first full tank. I tanked up at BP, regular diesel.
  • Usually between 2nd & 3rd gear in the city with ocassional 4th gear. If luck permits, 5th gear on the outer ring road when heading back home from office late night.
  • With regards to the A/c, noticed that if temperature control is set to 22 degrees, once it reaches the set temperature, compressor is barely ticking. This helps in the mileage. Of course this all depends upon the outside temperature. Bangalore has been cloudy and receiving rains over the last few days.

Will be driving to the airport on Wednesday. It will be the first "long" drive. Should be around 60 kms back and forth. Will provide my update after that.

In the meantime can anyone suggest a good dashboard polish. A colleague suggested "Armour All". Any other options? Thanks.

Attachments

i doubt the compressor shuts of, feel it maintains the temperature by mixing hot air from the heater core. Will have to check into this.
YEah rds is a major let down as well as the phone book although when i paired my phone it asked if i want to share my phone book with device.
armorall is what i use on my dashboard you can check out my thread for a few pictures towards the end.
and congrats on the beauty you just got have fun drive safe

Congrats clarenceax for this white beauty. I noticed your thread today only so late to congratulate you. Are you going to replace this OE fitment HU?

Adding 5k will get you the caska which has better user interface and sound quality. No details are given like how many pre-outs, coustamable equalisers and so on. Did you get demo of it.

Thread Starter #15
Well as promised I had my first "longish" drive to the Bangalore airport. A total of 57.9 kms giving 16.0 km/l as indicated on the dashboard. Drove at 80 kmph where possible, touching 100 kmph just for a few minutes during the journey.

I haven't had the time to speak with MapMyIndia and see anything more on their in-dash replacement. Right now not planning to go in for any upgrades until I save some money [;)].

Driven just a shade over 700 kms to date and here are additional observations;
  • No illumination on the driver's side control buttons, makes it difficult to see which button you're pressing.
  • The sliding arm rest is not adeqauate for me as just the tip of my elbow gets to rest on it. Not really ergonomical.

Attachments

Top Bottom