Finally a new car to replace Safari (Booked Tata Aria!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun

Suspended
Dhaya, I'm presuming your dad will be chauffeured. Now, I have been in the backseat of a Jetta. Feels good but a bit low on confidence on the bumps. A bit, only a wee bit shaky inside. The Captiva being high, is rock solid.

Thread Starter #32
Well like always a car buyer goes through twists here am i going through one!

A few updates:

1. Recently TD the Laura and it was after that i came to know why Skoda's are called driver's cars! It was an absolute delight driving the car though the SE din show much interest and i was offered a TD for only 10 mins!

2. And the big twist , i have decided its going to be an SUV! Like i liked the Jetta at first sight , my dad loves the Fortuner! After all its going to his car and he will do the majority of driving. So i have decided that he gets his dream car , after all its going to be his last few cars. We have decided we replace an SUV with an SUV and when time comes we will replace Verna with a sedan.

So its almost decided as the Fortuner and the color will be silver( dad prefers silver as its the safest color). And no worries about the waiting period , my dad knows a few people inside Toyota! So we may get the car early next year.[evil]

@ Arun No my dad will be driving always. We have never had a driver till now!

AMG

Suspended
Believe me, there are better cars than Fortuner in the market, but at the end of the day, its your money, your decision.

1. Recently TD the Laura and it was after that i came to know why Skoda's are called driver's cars! It was an absolute delight driving the car though the SE din show much interest and i was offered a TD for only 10 mins!
Yes Dhaya, Laura is indeed a car which giving ultimate driving pleasure. I hope you enjoyed even those 10mins of your drive.

So its almost decided as the Fortuner and the color will be silver( dad prefers silver as its the safest color). And no worries about the waiting period , my dad knows a few people inside Toyota! So we may get the car early next year.[evil]
Congrats friend. Believe me, Fortuner too is a wonderful car backed up with Toyotas excellent A.S.S. And as you have mentioned in your posts, you may get the car off the queue, that an icing on the cake.[clap]

@dhaya: It's good that finally you are going for a replacement of your Safari.
But fortuner has a serious braking issue.
And regarding skoda superb I have a very bad impression.
It had stalled once in a highway, a brand new car within a week.[anger]

Thread Starter #36
@ AMG I completely agree with you buddy! Even i am not a big fan of Fortuner but my dad prefers an SUV which is diesel 3.0L engine MT and is reliable unlike our Safari. So the best option is Fortuner for now!

@ Akash Yeah even those 10 minutes i enjoyed the ride. But overall i prefer Jetta more![evil]

Yeah the only reason we opt for Fortuner is its 3.0L MT all time 4WD engine backed up by Toyota's reliability!

@ Mukesh The braking issues were solved longed back buddy. The front discs were replaced with the ones present in the Prado , so no issues now. Its going to be the Fortuner now actually so not thinking about other cars for now!

AMG

Suspended
@ dhaya

Mind waiting for the X1 or the Yeti?
Both out soon.

On second thoughts,
leave the Yeti out.
If something goes wrong, I dont want you to abuse me in your heart everyday. :lol!:

Thread Starter #38
X1 will surely go above the 25Lakh mark when it goes OTR. BTW when is it expected? We are looking to sell of our Safari when its running good without any repairs , So cant wait for long![lol]

Sorry buddy if you had taken it seriously!:sorry: Its just that i don believe in Skoda's and TATA's A.S.S. And moreover we looking for a complete SUV , not a soft-roader. I will choose a Laura or a Jetta over an Yeti.

Thread Starter #40
Are you sure bro?? 15 k kms is very less for a tyre change. My Verna clocked 38k still without a tyre change!

Yeah a fortuner is all time 4 wheel drive car err suv.

So at 15000kms it need a tyre change. So as per your calculation , you need to change almost once in every year or a max of 1.5 year

Thread Starter #42
Hmmm but bro just went through some user reviews , the tyre lasts for some 35-40k kms atleast. FE is 8kmpl in city which is decent enough. The only plus point about the Fortuner is its stunning looks , Alltime 4WD , 3.0L MT engine and Toyota's reliability. A Captiva at almost the same price has several extra features like sun-roof , electrically adjustable seats , better interiors and ICE. But consulted with Surendar whose dad uses one and he said that his dad is not happy with the maintenance and its costs. We already have a very bad experience with TATA and don want that to continue.

So finally have decided to go in for the Fortuner even though i know its not worth the price tag! But it will handle our construction sites aplomb and will be pretty comfortable for our long journeys.

AMG

Suspended
Captiva 4X4 is available only in Auto.

Manual Captiva is 4X2(or is it 2X4[confused])

The only options left for you are endy and pajero.

4X4 endy = auto only
4X2 endy = manual only [frustration]
Pajero, great off road, great reliability, horrible paint scheme(new double colour one), bad interiors

Thread Starter #44
TD the Fortuner today noon. There is no engine noise as such IMO as claimed in some reports. After cranking the engine was as smooth , silent and refined as my Verna , definitely better than my Safari. The pick-up was amazing , i don know whether it was because of the 4WD or 170BHP. AC cooling was good even though what i drove was a black car! I was told i will get a FE of 8kmpl in city conditions if i drive normally( i highly doubt it). But rear seat comfort is pathetic! I found the same seats even in Innova. No offence meant especially Fortuner and Innova owners but i find the rear seats to be very very poor. Though leg room is great the comfort factor is missing. The rear seats are better in my Safari why even my Verna for that matter! And the HU does not even come with Aux-in or USB , and also the body is as flimsy as an Innova!![frustration]

The dealership experience was good in Lanson Toyota. Was offered the TD in 10 minutes. But the SE was trying to push me towards the Innova saying the 4WD will not be useful most of the times and the Fortuner is the same as the Innova inside. And also the Innova can be delivered in 10 days but i don like the looks of Innova and we want a premium SUV now. If i were to buy in that budget i would choose a new Scorpio or Safari again instead of Innova.

We decided to wait for Santa-fe but time is running out for our Safari. If it runs for another 3-4 months then the suspension bearings needs to be changed! We cannot wait for Santa-fe that long and also Hyundai's reputation and brand value is poor when it comes to SUV'S. Also its ex-showroom price is around 23-24Lakhs which exceeds our budget when it comes OTR. And also its generally not advisable to go in for a new car straightaway as it may have some problems which might be rectified in later models. The same applies for new facelifted Captiva! Jetta also ruled out as a new model is expected next year.

Pro's of Fortuner:

1. 3.0L 170BHP engine
2.4WD
3.Toyota's reliability

Con's:

1. Poor interiors
2. HU does not even come with Aux-in or USB
3.Rear seat comfort is poor
4.Body is flimsy as Innova!

So after seeing all this we have decided almost its going to be the Fortuner! The main thing we look forward to now is hassle free ownership. Only the color remains to seen , dad wants silver i want dark metallic grey! We are planning to book it next month and we may get the car in January!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom