Filling Nitrogen in Tyres

At Pune, Bavdhan it cost me Rs 100 for filling Nitrogen in all the tyres and Rs. 30 for refilling/top -up. Compare to normal mixed air on highways i felt like more improved and planted ride at high speed.

Last edited:
there are advantages/disadvantages of filling nitrogen. nitrogen when filled in worn out/old tyres causes the ride quality of the be stiff. the tyre filled with n2 bulges when not used for a long time.

solution: spray some hot water on tyre side walls. if the vechile is not used. n2 is best used in new tyres. a tyre which has seen air for a long time when filled with nitrojen bounces a lot.

N2 is useful for prolonged high speeds where lot of heat is generated. nitrojen has been used in race cars/bikes.

if the alloy/rim of your vehicle is bent, the tyre wobble,,fill in nitrojen wobbles decrease by 80%.

Bikers might have experienced with tyres which are the end of their life trameline when going through a pot hole/bump, this problem can be reduced with nitrojen.

I'm using nitrojen for the past 7 months in my safari, zma, cbz, rd350, splendour, bullet electra.

I can definately say that N2 is better.

Hey guys,
My two cents:
1. Nitrogen is a larger molecule than the other main molecules of air (O, Ar, H2O). By filling N, you are simply replacing 21 per cent of O with N. The pressure-drop that you see is just the 21 per cent of O and one percent of Argon leaking.

2. N does not expand as much as 'air' does. So there is little difference between cold and warm tyre pressures. So if you will 32psi cold, it becomes 33psi warm - as compared to air that goes from 32 to 36psi.

3. I stopped filling N, as it makes little sense. You go on a long trip, find tyres could do with more pressure, and end up filling air. It's better to 'workout' with the air deflation and just check more often - and save the bucks that you are paying for the 22%.

Of course it means everything when you're on the race track.

Cheers,
Rado.

I once filled up Nitrogen in our Vento. But later Realized that it is too difficult to refill/ top up nitrogen in kolkata due to the limited number of outlets having them. Switched back to plain air there onward.

I once filled up Nitrogen in our Vento. But later Realized that it is too difficult to refill/ top up nitrogen in kolkata due to the limited number of outlets having them. Switched back to plain air there onward.
Exactly....

Even there is a new (Only) Nitrogen outlet (Petrol Pump) open near my locality which charge 20/- per Tyre from complete Air-To-Nitrogen conversion as well Top-Up.

At First excited about it but later realize Top-Up is absolute Rip Off.

For 4 Wheeler's it cost more than a liter of Petrol.

Hey Folks,
Just had Nitrogen filled for the tyres of my swift vxi and the difference in ride quality is quiet noticable. Just a brief about the car, it s a swift vxi 2005 model with alloys and 180 tyres.

After filling nitrogen, the care feels more lighter to drive and fuel efficiency also improved. Overall ride quality is great.
Her in PCMC(part of Pune) they charge Rs100 first time for 5 tyres and then refill is Rs30. for two wheelers first time is Rs50 and refill is Rs10.

Overall worth the money spent

My experience with nitrogen purging-

I have 5.5" width rims fitted to my Swift Vxi. The tires were 2500km old and car 3 months old at the time. My tires are 165/80. The fitter also nitrogen purged my tires. Immediately after filling, I took the car on the highway and I found it to be more planted, though the ride had become harsh again. I had been filling air at 33psi initially as recommended by the MASS and the manual but after complaints on the harsh ride, I dropped down to 31-32 psi. So when the fitter fitted alloys and purged nitrogen, I suggested he maintain the same pressure. He said that the car should have 35psi in the front to carry the engine weight and 34psi in the rear. That's what was causing the harsh ride, so I vented the nitrogen down to 33 in read and 32 or something in the front. This added ride comfort without unsettling the car

After then, I didn't check pressure for 2-3 weeks. When I checked the pressure at an air pump after 20days, it was still 32psi. Now I keep 32psi without re-topping off nitrogen, just use air

Considering air has 72% nitrogen, it shouldn't make that much difference in the ride if nitrogen is purged. Specifically, I find only marginal improvement

Ameyam

Nitrogen filling is the best against Air now a days, there are many advantages to fill Nitrogen in Car tyres.
The tyre pressure is maintained due to the molecules of nitrogen being 4 x times larger than that of oxygen therefore leaking through the tyre casing at a rate three times less than normal compressed air.
Increased levels of grip and handling.
As the tyre pressure is maintained, the tyre maintains the correct contact with the road, ensuring the grip characteristics of the tyre are fully utilized.

You can also find advantage and disadvantage of Nitrogen filling at Tyreonwheels

Hey Folks,
Just had Nitrogen filled for the tyres of my swift vxi and the difference in ride quality is quiet noticable. Just a brief about the car, it s a swift vxi 2005 model with alloys and 180 tyres.
After filling nitrogen, the care feels more lighter to drive and fuel efficiency also improved. Overall ride quality is great.
Her in PCMC(part of Pune) they charge Rs100 first time for 5 tyres and then refill is Rs30. for two wheelers first time is Rs50 and refill is Rs10.
Overall worth the money spent
Sorry, but I'm confused[confused].
How does Nitrogen made your car "feel" Lighter and improved the Fuel Efficiency ?
Normal Air is 78% Nitrogen, even purest will be 98% or 99 %, and you got that for just 20/- a Trye? How are you sure that the guy used 98/99% pure Nitrogen ? There is no relative data which suggests that for normal Road driving, give any kind of "lighter " feel or Improves Fuel efficiency !.
Please do guide me if my understanding is wrong. I'm also looking forward to use Nitrogen, but more i read about it, more i get sure, not to waste my money over it.

Does any one from Vadodara, knows from where I can get Nitrogen for tyres ? After reading so much about this, I feel compelled to try it my self.

Last edited by a moderator:
So from Above Video, it's very clear :

1. No difference in Handling in Nitrogen Vs Normal Air.
2. No difference in Comfort in Nitrogen Vs Normal Air.
3. No difference in FE in Nitrogen Vs Normal Air.
4. No difference in Cornering in Nitrogen Vs Normal Air.
5. Not much Difference rise of Temperature in Nitrogen Vs Normal Air.
ONLY DIFFERENCE : Tyre maintains Pressure for Longer time. So instead of refilling every Month, you can check and re fill after 2 Months. Nothing More

So, as per my understanding : Nothing great about Nitrogen.

350Z

Core Team
Filled nitrogen for the first time in Fiesta. Here it costs Rs.25 per tyre for cars and Rs.20 per tyre for bikes. Membership for Rs.125 includes three top-ups.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nitrogen filling is not available at Malda .
Are there any member from Malda in TAI ?
If anyone knows about Nitrogen filling in and around Malda , I can give a try .

Top Bottom