Figo vs Fiesta vs Spark (Yes Strange Enough)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
What do you mean by the fiesta?
The fiesta classic or the all new fiesta.
AMG,I meant the fiesta classic.

My heartily thanks to all of you for so many inputs.This discussion actually cleared a lot from my mind/heart [:)].

Verna Fluyidic top end diesel is above 10 lacs hence not in my budget even after 6 months.I can not compromise on safety features ,and unfotunately most of the cars offer ABS/Airbags in top ends only.So that leaves Verna out.Spark ,I have already removed.

Now regarding Vento,The diesel model's prices are going to be hiked (or already hiked) and top end will again cross 10 lacs.Also I am not sure of the wafer-thin dealer network.So that removes vento off my list.

By going through all the discussions above,I feel at the moment FIGO suits the bill perfectly.I think I'm gonna buy a FIGO titanium diesel.Can anyone please comment on hyderabad Ford dealeships and their after sales practices?

Also what things should I remember and pay attention to while buying my first car?

Thread Starter #17
srbh,
BTW my inlaws are near jabalpur, dindori.[:)]
Vijay,Thanks for the inputs,You can see in my previous post that I have decided on Figo.BTW,nice to know that your in-laws are in Dindori,Long back my father worked/lived there for around 2 years :-).

350Z

Core Team
Now regarding Vento,The diesel model's prices are going to be hiked (or already hiked) and top end will again cross 10 lacs.Also I am not sure of the wafer-thin dealer network.So that removes vento off my list.
Yes. Volkswagen has hiked the prices of Vento Diesel. (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...4026-volkswagen-hikes-vento-diesel-price.html)

Also what things should I remember and pay attention to while buying my first car?
There are a couple of important things which you must remember:

- Decode the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) / Chassis Number. It contains the data of car such as month / year of manufacture etc. Quite important to verify that you're not being given an old model by the dealer. (Read More: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-decoding-vehicle-information-number-vin.html)

- Carry a Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist along with you to check the particular model before buying it. (Read More: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../489-new-car-pre-delivery-inspection-pdi.html). Also, visit The Automotive Library Section of our forum. You'll find a collection of informative articles there. Do let us know in-case you have any specific queries.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well if you are afraid of the thin network of VW then leave out Vento. But regarding Fluidic Verna the middle SX variant has most of the safety and also other features which you seek but you may have to stretch your budget slightly by 30-50k depending upon the taxes at your place.

But overall Figo is also a good choice but i would say if you are willing to spend 10Lakhs then wait for the new Fiesta!

I know you will be very excited and can't wait to get the new car in your hands but patience pays off! If you can wait for a few months you can end up buying a much better car than Figo.

350Z

Core Team
The production of New Fiesta has begun already and it’s due for the launch next month. You must wait for it, I would say.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG,I meant the fiesta classic.

By going through all the discussions above,I feel at the moment FIGO suits the bill perfectly.I think I'm gonna buy a FIGO titanium diesel.Can anyone please comment on hyderabad Ford dealeships and their after sales practices?

Thats a nice choice for the budget that you have now. [thumbsup]

Well if you are afraid of the thin network of VW then leave out Vento. But regarding Fluidic Verna the middle SX variant has most of the safety and also other features which you seek but you may have to stretch your budget slightly by 30-50k depending upon the taxes at your place.

But overall Figo is also a good choice but i would say if you are willing to spend 10Lakhs then wait for the new Fiesta!

I know you will be very excited and can't wait to get the new car in your hands but patience pays off! If you can wait for a few months you can end up buying a much better car than Figo.
I second you Dhaya. But if he is waiting, he can afford a sedan.

Just a question out of curiosity: Why don't you consider a Honda City if your budget can be raised after 6 months wait? The cost also has gone low and the safety features are all included in the entry variant itself.
Pertol engine is the only -ve. But, i would say we can get a good mileage in city driving.

Thread Starter #22
Just a question out of curiosity: Why don't you consider a Honda City if your budget can be raised after 6 months wait? The cost also has gone low and the safety features are all included in the entry variant itself.
Pertol engine is the only -ve. But, i would say we can get a good mileage in city driving.
I know,Honda city is nice too with fun to drive factor and is really a reliable one.But I just cant afford a petrol engine for more than 9 (or 10 lacs..not sure about the price).
Also,I will have to wait for another 5-6 months as per my budget restrictions.

Anyways guys I have finally booked Ford Figo Diesel Titanium Panther black today at Mody Ford LB Nagar Hyderabad.They say it will take 4-5 days for the loan processing,
and once the DD is ready,I can get my car delivered very next day.
They also asked for any alternate color ,which I have specified as Sea Grey.

Thanks a lot again to all of you,for giving me your valuable inputs and pulling me out of dilemma.
@350z Thanks for the PDI list and suggestions.I am taking a print out of the PDI,
once the car is here,will do a PDI and update you guys.

Stay tuned for further developments.....

Congratulations Srbh Figo is one VFM hatch though i would liked if you had waited till the launch of the new Fiesta and then made a decision.

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations Srbh Figo is one VFM hatch though i would liked if you had waited till the launch of the new Fiesta and then made a decision.
+1. I had recommended you the same but then, we hope that you would taken this decision after much consideration. Good luck and congratulations! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #28
Hi Guys,

I am back again.
A lot happened in last 1 month and I was really busy so could not update you guys.I am back here with some updates and a query :-)

I wrote the previous post when I was about to leave to book my FIGO at Mody Ford LB Nagar.I reached Mody Ford but the SR was not there,(I had informed him regarding my visit for booking in 1 day advanced).He told me to wait there for 10 minutes.I waited there for half an hour and he did not come.Being a Sunday there were very less SRs/Employees at the showroom.
After waiting for half an hour I demanded where the SR was and when I did not get any proper reply ,I got pissed off and left the showroom telling them I was no longer interested in doing business with them.

2.(19th June)
I talked to Fortune Ford Tolichowki over Phone and they immediately sent a guy to collect the booking cheque and the documents required for loan processing.The expected date for the car was told as 30th June,as I wanted Panther black and it was not available with them.

3.(20th June)
I came to know there were some problems with one of my Form-16 ,and had to send some more documents/letters over FAX to the bank,which I did.

4.(23rd June)
Even after the initial hickup SBI approves my loan in 4 days flat.I got a call from SBI that My loan has been approved.I called SR at Fortne Ford immediately to inquire when is my car arriving .He says "Your car has been built in chennai,and will be coming to us in 5-6 days."
I made the downpayment of (OTR Price-loan amount),to him and told him once I PDI the vehicle ,I will give the loan check to you.

5.(26th June)
I get a call from my SR stating that a black FIGO can not be made available by 30 th and He will try to get it by second week of July.
I was ok with that too.

6.(7th July)
My SR tells me it will be another 15-20 days before I can get panther black FIGO titanium,I was furious and I told him I want to speak to the manager,he agreed to let me meet the manager and GM.I came to know that there is a shortage of titanium diesel (without red dashbord) and hence the delay.

7.(18th July)
Spoke to a friend who owns a Fiesta 1.6,and he was like 'Why are you not buying fiesta,I told him that the Fiesta diesel is out of budget and Fiesta petrol is low on mileage".He tells me "Once you drive fiesta you will forget all that mileage talk".
With a lot of arguments he convinced me to look at Fiesta again (Anyways I always loved Fiesta).
Now I have following options,

Fiesta diesel classic (Out of budget).

1. Fiesta CLXI petrol (7.3 lacs OTR)
  2. Fiesta Petrol 1.6 (Limited Edition (EXI with CD Player,AC,Power windows,Almost everything apart from ABS and EBD) for 6.9 lacs OTR.
3.Fiesta SXI petrol (Above 8 so out of budget)

I enquired with SR and he told me I can get any of the above in 2 days,and he will take care of Bank formalities,but he made me more than aware on mileage problems with Fiesta petrol.
Now I want some feedback from Fiesta Petrol users if the mileage is that bad.Even if it stays on 9-10 ,it is acceptable for the performance 1.6 gives.Anything below 9-10 is not acceptable to me.

I know I have written a long post and may be confusing too.But I want a help friends,Again the heart says go for Fiesta and the head says wait for another 10 days and get FIGO.

--
ENjoy Driving:
Saurabh

Thread Starter #29
Hi Guys,

Sorry ,I forgot to add to my post that I asked for the VIN for the Fiesta Limited Edition petrol and I got this from them 'BC02504'.Upon decoding I found it is Jan 2011 manufactured model.(I hope I decoded it right).
What is this car doing from last 6 months.The stockyard guy says it came to them just 2 months ago.Is it possible that it was a test drive or demo car?Anyways they have another 2 or 3 Limited editions,I will get their VINs too.

Please dont conclude from my post that I have already decided on Fiesta Petrol.I am doing all this so that While I get feedback from you guys,I don't sit idle here and can have some information ready to be used if needed.

Thanks again.

350Z

Core Team
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom