Figo Titanium or VW Polo?

Thread Starter #16
Thanks for the feedback cooldhaya & Jalex. Almost decided on the Polo for dad if he doesn't change his mind in the next day or two and thinks about the Alto Lxi vfm angle again. Guess the Polo is a bit low powered but my dads for 90% looks and 10% power n other things I think:) though for me security i.e airbags and ABS is very important..expecting it to have good driving dynamics owing to it's technical underpinnings and long heritage since 1975 though have never driven a VW myself and neither has my dad test driven it. I like red and white but dad wants metallic colours so pepper grey and reflex silver seems interesting for now. Glacier blue is a bit rare for a Polo I think atleast looking at the Polos and Golfs in Australia I think so not looking at that option. Actually if I had my way I would go for Black but blacks a strict no no by my dad:). Spoke to the dealer yesterday and he's promised to be able get it for me in 2 months since told him about our family function, lets see, if alls well will put in a deposit in a couple of days.

As per policty of TAI, All posts for a new member with post count lesser than 10 will be moderated.

Your posts will not be moderated once you reach your 10th post.

Hope this helps! feel free to contact us incase of any issues.

Thanks Zinam.
Also guys, which colours look the best, in VW Polo was looking at either Reflex Silver or Pepper Grey, if the Figo am looking at Chill.
Anyone got delivery of their Polo in 2 months?
Black looks hot in all cars!

Color preference for Polo would be Red & White.

Check here for complete pictures!!

Thread Starter #20
Thanks Ziman for the TAI policy update, thought al posts would be moderated but thanksfully not for long:). Yes, black looks hot on Polos but my dads a bit old fasdhioned and associates it with grief:) so I too have a hard time when in Goa and wear black shirts for style:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ford Figo model is better than Volkswagen Polo. Because, in the same price you will get good features in Ford Figo as compare to the VW Polo.

Figo & Polo are two different classes in the hatches.

Figo is made for a purpose - to be the cheapest Big Hatch back.
It is made to be VFM.
Even the top end version does not come with rear power windows & other creature comforts.

Polo on the other hand is a German car.
The prime importance in any European car ( Particularly German ) is Safety & then comfort.
The top end version has remote controlled power windows with pinch guard.
It comes with most of the creature comforts possible.

If Your primary concern is Safety then polo is the choice for you.
Fabia & Punto also qualify in the same league but the looks are totally different for all the 3 cars.

Thanks for the feedback cooldhaya & Jalex. Almost decided on the Polo for dad if he doesn't change his mind in the next day or two and thinks about the Alto Lxi vfm angle again. Guess the Polo is a bit low powered but my dads for 90% looks and 10% power n other things I think:) though for me security i.e airbags and ABS is very important..expecting it to have good driving dynamics owing to it's technical underpinnings and long heritage since 1975 though have never driven a VW myself and neither has my dad test driven it. I like red and white but dad wants metallic colours so pepper grey and reflex silver seems interesting for now. Glacier blue is a bit rare for a Polo I think atleast looking at the Polos and Golfs in Australia I think so not looking at that option. Actually if I had my way I would go for Black but blacks a strict no no by my dad:). Spoke to the dealer yesterday and he's promised to be able get it for me in 2 months since told him about our family function, lets see, if alls well will put in a deposit in a couple of days.

Hi Cruvon,

Congrats on having finalized your decision. The Polo fits the bill for the points that you are looking for. Between the two colours, i'd choose the Pepper Grey.

Cheers :)

Thread Starter #26
Thanks IndianDrives, ProBiker, sgirish and everyone who gave suggestions...had my dad finally go in and put a deposit on a Polo Highline for him with an option for either Reflex Silver or Pepper grey since we need it in 2 months.

True the Figo is vfm, at a price of 5 lacs the topend model gives almost everything the Polo has. Am expecting the drive and dynamics of the Polo to be better it having quite a bit of heritage behind it but then parts and servicing too will be more expensive with the Polo compared to the Figo I guess, lets see how it goes.
Must say out of all the hatchbacks, my dad found the Polo and Figo the most attractive looking:) and who knows, if we don't get the Polo in 2 months that we need it in we might have to opt for the Figo again which is readily in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats for your decision. Polo is definitely a great hatchback to own. And if you are comfortable with the way it moves, then no worries, Polo will serve you for years altogether.

Thanks IndianDrives, ProBiker, sgirish and everyone who gave suggestions...had my dad finally go in and put a deposit on a Polo Highline for him with an option for either Reflex Silver or Pepper grey since we need it in 2 months.

True the Figo is vfm, at a price of 5 lacs the topend model gives almost everything the Polo has. Am expecting the drive and dynamics of the Polo to be better it having quite a bit of heritage behind it but then parts and servicing too will be more expensive with the Polo compared to the Figo I guess, lets see how it goes.
Must say out of all the hatchbacks, my dad found the Polo and Figo the most attractive looking:) and who knows, if we don't get the Polo in 2 months that we need it in we might have to opt for the Figo again which is readily in stock.
Hi Cruvon,

Congrats on booking your Polo [clap]. Kudos to your dad & you for choosing such a fine car. Will pray that the next two months pass by rather quickly for you.

Cheers :)

Top Bottom