FIGO Diesel Which Engine Oil is Best

The biggest difference between petrol oils and Diesel oils are that the Diesel oils have to have a much higher content of detergents in order to deal with the contamination.

Fords own Motorcraft is a good oil. Texaco, Valvoline, Selenia, Mobile, Shell, BP, Total, Quantum, Motul, Liqui Moly to name some more top quality oil supplier.

The most important point is to stay within the manufacturers specification, which are the API/SAE specifications that are shown in your handbook and all quality oil suppliers have them printed on their respective lables.

Merck27

Suspended
hey guys,

i have been using Mobil1-0W 40. Slightly pricier but it works so well and lasted longer too! so in a way i feel that it makes more economical sense. you should give it a shot!

speaking of which, if you participate at their contest, they are giving a chance for somebody to win an all expenses trip to be part of their crew during F1! no harm registering i suppose.

stick to what ever said in manual to be free from confusion!

and chainging oil and oil filter in advance is not a big sin. of course good for the car.

btw , i have heard that figo diesel uses synthetic oil and change interval is 15k kms. ?

For the manza its 20k kms or 1year. and it uses 5w 40.

5w 40 is synthetic and normally used in petrol as well as diesel.

i use a shell helix and elf sometimes wurth as both the distributors are my friend.
though presently my sierra runs on castrol gtx , it has become so black in just 2000 kms of run

Merck27

Suspended
i actually am using a non-diesel car. but a few years ago, when i was using a diesel car, i was using a conventional Mobil 1 engine oil. what is your preferred engine oil by the way?

ilango[speed thirst];93767 said:
stick to what ever said in manual to be free from confusion!

and chainging oil and oil filter in advance is not a big sin. of course good for the car.

btw , i have heard that figo diesel uses synthetic oil and change interval is 15k kms. ?

For the manza its 20k kms or 1year. and it uses 5w 40.

5w 40 is synthetic and normally used in petrol as well as diesel.

i use a shell helix and elf sometimes wurth as both the distributors are my friend.
though presently my sierra runs on castrol gtx , it has become so black in just 2000 kms of run
This man says it all, whatever is written in the books will not do bad to your vehicle, afterall they claim it isnt it?. Don't go beyond the claims, however if you change before what they claim isn't going to harm your engine(not sure about the pocket though, hehe).

Go mineral oil.. go mobile devlac mx... awesome refinement for a diesel engine... have tried shell helix, castrol gtx and valvoline... but nothing matches the refinement and the silent engine noise that this oil produce...

Top Bottom