Figo – Stock Rim Bent and Wheel Cover Missing

Thread Starter #1
Last Friday, I was driving to Tiruvannamalai from Bangalore for a wedding. The stretch to Tiruvannamalai from Krishnagiri isn’t good and have a lot of potholes. The worst part is, some stretch looks good and when you get tempted and step up, you land up in really worst conditioned patch. I happened to get my FL Wheel in to one of those… And that seemed to be a really big one.

A little later, I realized that my FL Mud Flap are scraping the road and I sensed something to be wrong. Pulled it over and get down…. Alas… The FL Wheel is bent and the tyre is ground flat. Yes, the same pothole to be praised. The best part is, “WTH, where is the Wheel Cap???”… Changed to spare tyre and I drove back to find the Wheel Cap, but wasn’t lucky enough…

Now, I am done with fixing the bent wheel with famous hammer method and kept it as stepney. Also, done with Wheel Balancing and Alignment from MRF T&S, just to ensure everything is alright.

However, the Wheel Cap? Hmmmm… Ford is quoting Rs. 850 for just 1 cap. Ya right, it’s 850…

Just thinking if I at least lucky enough to find someone, who would have changed to Alloys and looking to sell out the Wheel Cap [:D]

350Z

Core Team
However, the Wheel Cap? Hmmmm… Ford is quoting Rs. 850 for just 1 cap. Ya right, it’s 850.
Per cap? That sounds outright ridiculous. You are better off checking out at a workshop / local car markets. Just in case if they have one lying around.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Per cap? That sounds outright ridiculous.
Exactly sir... Can't really digest to spend so much for a plastic cap.

You are better off checking out at a workshop / local car markets.
Yes. Local shops do have wheel caps, but not the Ford Ones or Duplicate of it. And I should buy it as a set of four, which costs about 500-600. Still reasonable compared to OE ones, but I will miss the Ford logo in it. Thinking how does it matter???[clap]

Just in case if they have one lying around.

Drive Safe,
350Z
No 350Z. Checked with 2 different dearlers and in Facebook too. The answer is same.

Now my options are here... Not only to me, but for anyone alike.

1. Check with sources like our Forum, Facebook, websites etc. for anyone planning to sell the caps when they switch to Alloys. (Most Preferred Option).
2. Check with Grey Market (like Pudupettai in Chennai). They stock all these stuff for sure. (Just contemplating whether to encourage such grey market stuff.)
3. Buy aftermarket wheel caps as a set of four and retire the other 3 Ford ones.
4. Silently go to Ford and spend bloody 850 for that crap sorry cap.[frustration] (Only when left with no choice... I hate when these rich gets more richer for no reason).

350Z

Core Team
3. Buy aftermarket wheel caps as a set of four and retire the other 3 Ford ones.
Stock wheel covers of Figo look simple. There are some nice aftermarket wheel covers designs and it should be much cheaper too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I would have removed all the wheel cap and driven coz the one without wheel cap looks awkward.
And also instead of paying to ford ppl better we hunt for local shops., these guys won't come down they already had enough why do we want to pay more..

Thread Starter #7
Just happened to see a Wheel Cap very similar to the stock ones of Figo, except for the Ford Logo.

The shop is quoting 900 for a set of 4... Just wondering, does it make sense to buy this one, or shell out the same amount for just 1 OE piece???

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and am in the same situation as Figoian. It would be really helpful if someone has an extra wheel cap lying unused. I lost mine yesterday possibly on a pothole and never knew about it till I reached home :(

Hai figoian
Did you bought a new one. Please try them with the wheel alignment centers where they sell alloys i have lost it and got a used orginal one from wheel aligners. Till now if you didnt got a new one please inform

Thread Starter #12
Hai figoian
Did you bought a new one. Please try them with the wheel alignment centers where they sell alloys i have lost it and got a used orginal one from wheel aligners. Till now if you didnt got a new one please inform
Yes Rajvel. I did spent a lot of time and effort on searching for OE Cap (single piece) with Wheel Alignment / Alloy Wheel Dealers and also in Figo communities in Facebook. Nothing worked... One guy on Facebook had a set of 3 and wanted to sell it all. That won't make any sense to me.

Frenz - Sorry that I forgot to update this thread. I brought a new one from Ford and here is the story.

While I was searching for some better aftermarket ones, got a better looking caps (set of 4) for 650 bucks. I just thought of trying those, which may give a different look than the regular OE ones. So got those fitted and moved around. It was a Thursday and I had to visit Chennai that weekend. Friday evening, left for Chennai and reached home by 11 PM. Next morning, while washing the car I was zapped [surprise] The silver color on those caps were just a coat and were already peeled out in many places on all four caps (may be due to heat during the long run?). I cursed myself of making this worst decision...

Back to Bangalore on Monday, and went back to the accessory shop. Luckily, that chap was was a decent enough and said, wait for couple of days, will get it replaced with new sets. But I wasn't really happy it being showing it's real color with in couple of days and said don't want to try it again. Guess what, he agreed to take those back and refund the money... What??? That was my expression, though I didn't express it [lol]

Removed those ones and refitted my own OE ones and drove back happily. Following weekend, went to Ford and got one fixed for about 800 bucks.

Lessons Learnt:
  • Always go for OE ones, though they are expensive. You can never be sure of the aftermarket stuff.
  • Imagine, I would have lost one of those aftermaket caps, I had to buy a set of 4 again. Single pieces aren't available at all.
  • The Aftermaket ones won't sit and fit as perfect as OE ones. They need those cheap looking plastic straps for sure. Else, be ready to buy one more set.

Hi Figoian, You did the right thing by going in for OEM Wheel caps even though they are pricey! But at the end of day, you will have peace of mind. After market wheel caps are never durable. I too had bad experience with my previous car (Alto). Couple of times, wheel caps just fell off while driving! [frustration]

nowadays due to this problem i have straped my cars wheel cap with the rims as we have seen in innova's also it spoils the look but all the four are safe

Exactly sir... Can't really digest to spend so much for a plastic cap.

Yes. Local shops do have wheel caps, but not the Ford Ones or Duplicate of it. And I should buy it as a set of four, which costs about 500-600. Still reasonable compared to OE ones, but I will miss the Ford logo in it. Thinking how does it matter???[clap]

No 350Z. Checked with 2 different dearlers and in Facebook too. The answer is same.

Now my options are here... Not only to me, but for anyone alike.

1. Check with sources like our Forum, Facebook, websites etc. for anyone planning to sell the caps when they switch to Alloys. (Most Preferred Option).
2. Check with Grey Market (like Pudupettai in Chennai). They stock all these stuff for sure. (Just contemplating whether to encourage such grey market stuff.)
4. Silently go to Ford and spend bloody 850 for that crap sorry cap.[frustration] (Only when left with no choice... I hate when these rich gets more richer for no reason).
Mr. Figoian,

Am sorry about your situation. I had landed in the same problem When I had my m800. We went to Periyapalyathaman koil on our wedding day in 2009. On the same day I had to fly to delhi after returning from periyapalayathamman koil. I went safely even thought the road from Kolkatta highway to Periyapalyathamman. But while comming back I was driving little bit fast and I got into a big pothel. After that I was getting some sound while driving from front right wheel. I tried seeing what was that but do not know what it was. so slowly I started driving with that sound itself. I found the sound was going down when I keep driving. surprisingly when I reached home [around 70kms after the pothel insident] the sound was literally not there.

But I was worried about the little sound. I checked with Maruti Service Center but no use. When I check with local mechanic, he went down and told me the rim got bent.

Immdieatly I came home and changed to spare wheel. Wow no sound at all. then I noticed the orignal wheel, it has big bent. And yes I did the same hammer metthod and straitened to some extent and used as spare wheel.

But luckily I did not got missed the cap so I did not have much problem.

Now to your problem, its great you have gone for OE one. But since you had been in chenna for a day or so, you should have given a try at pudhupet which you get all parts [the original one]. Just my suggestion.

Top Bottom