Fiat Uno - The Renaissance

Thread Starter #16
Re: Stop Gap Car for P3T3R

Looking for your suggestions on the Paint job and interiors. I've decided to give it an Abarth look like the photos. Yet to decide whether it should be white with red graphics or red with white graphics. What's your opinion. For the interiors, I want art leather. Black with red stiching like the Fiesta S or black with red inserts.

Attachments

^^ I would prefer white with red graphics, looks decent and stylish at the same time, while the red one i feel would be flashy.
For the interiors as you mentioned, black with red stitches looks sporty.

350Z

Core Team

I've decided to give it an Abarth look like the photos. Yet to decide whether it should be white with red graphics or red with white graphics.
Keep the primary color as white. It’s a personal choice though I feel that restoring it to original condition is a better idea rather than wannabe look with stickers.

For the interiors, I want art leather. Black with red stiching like the Fiesta S or black with red inserts.
Either of them would look nice. A member has modified his Punto’s interiors with black and orange combination. You can try something on the similar lines (Link).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #20

I would prefer white with red graphics, looks decent and stylish at the same time, while the red one i feel would be flashy.
Keep the primary color as white. It’s a personal choice though I feel that restoring it to original condition is a better idea rather than wannabe look with stickers.
Most people have the same view. However I already have a white car, so I was just thinking about red. In fact when I bought the car new, I wanted red. But only white and grey were available.

For the interiors as you mentioned, black with red stitches looks sporty.
A member has modified his Punto’s interiors with black and orange combination. You can try something on the similar lines .
Let's see. The Punto looks good. Where did he get it done? I'll be taking out the seats next week when the car goes for bodywork and paint. I'll then send the seats for doing up.

Thread Starter #21
Thanks to Vishwas for splitting the old thread making this a dedicated thread for the Uno Restoration.

Well the car has been lying at the Garage for a while as the mechanic was busy with some Palio's. Finally the stripping of the car began last week. Here are some photos.

Attachments

Thread Starter #22
The car has been stripped of most of it's fittings as well as the engine. Car was towed last night to the tinker and the work will start on monday. The body is generally in good shape except for the driver and passenger floor pans. The windows and a few remaining parts will be removed at the tinkers place. Then it will go in for painting next door. Mechanically the car is sound. Absolutely no work required on the engine except for a change of fluids and general service. The lower arms need to be replaced. Front windscreen was damaged when I picked up the car. I've already sourced a replacement along with some other parts.

Attachments

My suggestion will be nice tomato glossy red with white detailing . White will look great too but the red will be eye catchy .
How are you going restrore the seats ? And the dashboard ? Maybe you ask fiat India if they could help you with ?
Interesting thread I will be surely watching it , hope you update us with even if you small updates to give .all the best .

Congrats on the UNO. and I liked your signature. Well said. :) Looking forward to the further process and reports. You keeping the color as white ? I think the abarth style red stripes looks better on black .

Thread Starter #25
My suggestion will be nice tomato glossy red with white detailing . White will look great too but the red will be eye catchy .
I have more or less decided on Formula Red, a colour from the Palio Sport. Passion Red from the current Punto is my second option. Third would be white with red detailing. However since we already have a white i10, I'm not to keen on white.

How are you going restrore the seats ? And the dashboard ?
The seats are already with the upholsterer. Going for a Red and Black combination in art leather. The drivers seat was damaged so I managed to source a replacement from a scrapyard sometime back. The dashboard is in good nick. Just needs a coat of Wurth Plastic Care Polish.

Maybe you ask fiat India if they could help you with ?
Fiat still supplies most mechanical parts through the dealers. Trim and body parts are a bit difficult but I've got most of what I need.

Interesting thread I will be surely watching it , hope you update us with even if you small updates to give .all the best .
I will update as often as possible.

Congrats on the UNO. and I liked your signature. Well said. :) Looking forward to the further process and reports.
Thanks

You keeping the color as white ? I think the abarth style red stripes looks better on black .
See above for the colour choices I have decided.

I have more or less decided on Formula Red, a colour from the Palio Sport. Passion Red from the current Punto is my second option. Third would be white with red detailing. However since we already have a white i10, I'm not to keen on white.
Wow your UNO will look super cool with this paint scheme,cant wait to see the completed car

@Peter

Congrats getting back your own "UNO". I always felt that of this beatiful car, where people have not understood its design properly. A white color is always good for UNO, but I got some different thoughts about the color combination. Though you have decided on Red, just check this options.

Since UNO side body is wide where 2 color combination will look good. I have seen one UNO long back like this which has been painted with Red for upper 3/4th porttion and black for the bottom 1/4th portion, that was really good instead of stickers( sorry I do not have a photo of it). So think of some thing like 3/4th upper portion and 1/4th bottom portion in different colors. If this is so, then my choise will be again Red for 3/4th portion and Black/grey for the 1/4th bottom portion with some black alloys[:)]

Wish to see all the developments of the restoration and the final beauty soon !!

Last edited:
Restoring one's loved car is always a great feeling. The sentiment and the satisfaction will be great when it is done precisely.

waiting for the complete process.

Congrats that u bought back ur old car.

Fantastic thread, what a car! I love those Abarth type painted UNO pics. I am glued to this thread now. Thanks a lot. Adding reps now.

OT: I dont think even today's hatchbacks offer that huge interiors!

@guralla74

i think painting dual color was a trend sometimes earlier. our 97 ceilo was painted dual color by the earlier owner. wine red at top and grey at the bottom1/4th. i dint see any vehicle painted dual color these days. i thought of change the same to single color. Our ceilo we sold on 2010.

Top Bottom