Fiat Punto MJD BNW - Experience

First aid kit, headlamp bulbs and key code was provided to me while delivery itself and you should also get the same.

Please check with dealer or can mail to FIAT India about the issue.
Water leaking is AC water, so no need to worry about the same.

The scrapping sound is during opening/closing window glass? if yes then your window motor needs replacing, thats what they did to mine PUNTO when I had similar scrapping sound from windows.

Thread Starter #32
First aid kit, headlamp bulbs and key code was provided to me while delivery itself and you should also get the same.

Please check with dealer or can mail to FIAT India about the issue.
Water leaking is AC water, so no need to worry about the same.

The scrapping sound is during opening/closing window glass? if yes then your window motor needs replacing, thats what they did to mine PUNTO when I had similar scrapping sound from windows.
No, it comes during driving. Some small clinging sound from within the front left door.

Get it checked from the service station.
It may be of the mud flaps slightly touching the tyre and do talk to the sales manager from where you bought the car,if he also don't give you positive response regarding headlamps,first aid kit and key number, then call Fiat helpline.
How much average does it delivers during city/highway driving with a/c?

Thread Starter #34
Get it checked from the service station.
It may be of the mud flaps slightly touching the tyre and do talk to the sales manager from where you bought the car,if he also don't give you positive response regarding headlamps,first aid kit and key number, then call Fiat helpline.
How much average does it delivers during city/highway driving with a/c?
Yeah. I want to goto service centre, but I am unable to find time for it.
FE in city is around 12-13 and highways its 17 with 100% AC.

After going for drives, I see liquid coming from the beneath. I feel its water, coming out from the AC system. Does it happen to everyone?
Yes, its normal.

How do I adjust the height of the headlamps? I tried pressing the +/- buttons in the light controls, but nothing happens.
Not the +/- buttons. It is for adjusting the intensity of instrument console light (in standby mode) or for navigating through 'My Car' functions.

There are 2 switches besides the +/- buttons, use that. The one in between the +/- buttons and the front/rear fog switches.

Do read the manual, else there are a lot of features you will miss. Especially since you have the Emotion Pack.

I think my gear shifting has become better and I shift gears when its around 1500-1800 rpm. I run in 4th gear when it reaches 40-50 kmph and 5th when it reaches 50-60. Am I doing it right?
Yes, if you are looking for fuel economy. If you are looking for performance, the fun starts after 2000 rpm.

I hear a small sound (probably from within the left front door) like some scrapping sound. I feel some screw has gone loose and making sounds.
Normal. But get it rectified.

I did not get the First aid kit, headlamp bulbs and key code during the delivery. I asked the dealer about it, and he is not giving me a proper response. He says he'l check. What will I do? [confused]
Write a mail to FIAT customer care. Normally they do help.

Thread Starter #36
Yes, its normal.

Not the +/- buttons. It is for adjusting the intensity of instrument console light (in standby mode) or for navigating through 'My Car' functions.

There are 2 switches besides the +/- buttons, use that. The one in between the +/- buttons and the front/rear fog switches.
Do read the manual, else there are a lot of features you will miss. Especially since you have the Emotion Pack.
I dont own an emotion Pack, but 2012 Emotion. I guess both of them are equally loaded though.

Yes, if you are looking for fuel economy. If you are looking for performance, the fun starts after 2000 rpm.
Yes, I am concerned about FE. I have rarely passed the 2k mark. I will try doing that in the in my next highway stroll. [:)]

Normal. But get it rectified.
I will make sure these are rectified.

Write a mail to FIAT customer care. Normally they do help.
Do you have some mail id or something with which I can commuincate with them?

Thanks for the reply.
One more query. Is it possible to disconnect the call using the steering controls? If then, which button?

One more query. Is it possible to disconnect the call using the steering controls? If then, which button?
Yes it is possible to disconnect calls using steering controls. The button with telephone receiver sign on it is the one which we use to attend calls. Just keep pressing the same button for about 3-4 seconds and you can disconnect the call.

Thread Starter #39
Guys, I have made a scrape in my car while i was taking reverse. [cry]
Its in this portion.

I will soon take a pic of it.
What do i do? I need it back to normal.. How much will it cost?Can I claim insurance?

Its in this portion.

What do i do? I need it back to normal.. How much will it cost?Can I claim insurance?
Sorry to hear that. [cry]

Same thing happened with me once, First I got the repairing/replacing cost evaluated, and as it was quite high, I told the guy at service centre and then to the insurance guy that someone hit my car in the parking of a market while I was not there, and they did everything under insurance! [:D]

Thread Starter #41
I went to the service centre and the estimated price that they gave was 3000 + tax. He said if I claim for insurance, it won't be good idea , as I will have to pay higher premium next year . Wat do u guys suggest ?

congrets buddy for ur stunning italian beauty as i m new to TAI i too have a new punto 2012 active i have done 6000 k in my italian beauty its giving me 17.5 on highways

Its in this portion.

If it is a small scrape, why dont you take it to a local but trusted body repair shop. It will be much cheaper.

If you want to go to the A.S.S. only, even I wont suggest taking insurance.

Top Bottom