Fiat Punto MJD BNW - Experience

Thread Starter #16
I was just kidding. But still, may be you can do it. You can check the website of FIAT. May be there is an option, coz I have seen something like this on Volksawagen U.K site where you can create your account and post your car pictures etc.

Sensor that indicates distance!! You mean you can see distance in inches/meters at a screen? If yea then this one is interesting.

Yes, there will be a mirror placed on top of the rear view mirror, on which distances are shown. It costs around 3200/-. Do you know how much rear view camera with LCD screen costs?
Also, about seat covers, should it be changed right now? How costly are they and which all shade matches the interiors?

Yes, there will be a mirror placed on top of the rear view mirror, on which distances are shown. It costs around 3200/-. Do you know how much rear view camera with LCD screen costs?
Also, about seat covers, should it be changed right now? How costly are they and which all shade matches the interiors?
I am sorry buddy, I don't have an idea about parking sensor thing. I personally don't think I require it in a hatch, so haven't shown any interest in it.

Do you have OEM head unit or planning to buy aftermarket?. If aftermarket then go for a DVD touchscreen one with gps, which will do the job of displaying rear view when fitted with reverse camera.

Anand, sorry for the delayed reply. Was busy due to my Exams. Those photos look good with the effects. Btw, regarding jazz, i will be getting her this week. [:)].

Btw, rear camera + multimedia LCD = around 12K here. One of my friend did in his Swift Dzire.

Thread Starter #20
Anand, sorry for the delayed reply. Was busy due to my Exams. Those photos look good with the effects. Btw, regarding jazz, i will be getting her this week. [:)].

Btw, rear camera + multimedia LCD = around 12K here. One of my friend did in his Swift Dzire.
Ok.wow, your long wait is finally paid off. Which variant? whats the final price? Do post pics when you get it.
Camera is tat expensive? Guess I'll go for the sensors itself. [:)]

Today went for a drive at night, and had to goto a shop. Parked my car, and it was so dark. Pulled the headlamp stack as per what I read here. (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/5402-unknown-features-fiat-punto-linea.html)
Follow me headlamps turned on for 30 minutes. It was so useful and great feature. [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.wow, your long wait is finally paid off. Which variant? whats the final price? Do post pics when you get it.
Camera is tat expensive? Guess I'll go for the sensors itself. [:)]
XMT Silver. Will post an ownership report soon with all the details. Its not just camera. It has multimedia features too. So, you can use either as a player and it will show the camera o/p when in reverse gear.

Congratulation on your Italian hatch!

Pictures looks very good.I think you have edited the pictures a bit.

Like I said earlier,Bosa Nova White is the evergreen color on Fiat Punto.

Thread Starter #26
Here are some interior pics:

Attachments

Thread Starter #27
Just a month and a week passed and its 1075 kms in the ODO. [:)]
FE is improving, I got 17kmpl on a highway ride with 100% AC (as its peak summers in Kerala). In city rides, its around 13kmpl. AC is effective even on hot afternoons. I keep it to 22 degrees on Full auto. Steering controls are great boon. Quite happy with the sound quality and family is happy with the comfort.
Enjoying each moment with her.

I have few queries, Punto owners please help me out.
After going for drives, I see liquid coming from the beneath. I feel its water, coming out from the AC system. Does it happen to everyone?
How do I adjust the height of the headlamps? I tried pressing the +/- buttons in the light controls, but nothing happens.
I think my gear shifting has become better and I shift gears when its around 1500-1800 rpm. I run in 4th gear when it reaches 40-50 kmph and 5th when it reaches 50-60. Am I doing it right?
I hear a small sound (probably from within the left front door) like some scrapping sound. I feel some screw has gone loose and making sounds.
I did not get the First aid kit, headlamp bulbs and key code during the delivery. I asked the dealer about it, and he is not giving me a proper response. He says he'l check. What will I do? [confused]

Thread Starter #28
Congrats for your lovely car, wishing you many happy miles. Pics are very beautiful keep it up.
Thanks a lot buddy.

XMT Silver. Will post an ownership report soon with all the details. Its not just camera. It has multimedia features too. So, you can use either as a player and it will show the camera o/p when in reverse gear.
Yeah, it will be quite useful. I will check it out.
Congrats for your Jazz. [:)]

Congratulation on your Italian hatch!

Pictures looks very good.I think you have edited the pictures a bit.

Like I said earlier,Bosa Nova White is the evergreen color on Fiat Punto.
Thanks buddy.

Hey!
Congrats for the best looking yet powerful car!! [:)]
I think every dealer must provide the headlamps,First aid kit and the key number. Even I didn't get it on the delivery of my Ertiga, but before I asked him, he himself said that Please get them after few days as we didn't receive them yet. So you should ask them again,may be the sales manager this time.
And yes, that water coming out from beneath the car is the water coming out from the condenser of the A/C,its perfectly normal.
Can't say about the sound, may be you should get it check on the first service.
IDK, why people keep on saying that Punto's interiors does not give the premium feel, according to me Punto 2012 has good interiors of good quality.
Congrats again and Happy miles! [:)]

Thread Starter #30
Hey!
Congrats for the best looking yet powerful car!! [:)]
I think every dealer must provide the headlamps,First aid kit and the key number. Even I didn't get it on the delivery of my Ertiga, but before I asked him, he himself said that Please get them after few days as we didn't receive them yet. So you should ask them again,may be the sales manager this time.
And yes, that water coming out from beneath the car is the water coming out from the condenser of the A/C,its perfectly normal.
Can't say about the sound, may be you should get it check on the first service.
IDK, why people keep on saying that Punto's interiors does not give the premium feel, according to me Punto 2012 has good interiors of good quality.
Congrats again and Happy miles! [:)]
Thanks buddy. I was also going the Ertiga ownership report. Looks like you are the 1st on TAI.
Ok, this dealer is now telling me that its difficult to get the key code and headlamp bulbs now. [cry] I guess I will go to the showroom and will talk to higher authorities.
About the sound, any other punto owners experienced?

Top Bottom