Fiat Punto & Linea 2012 Exclusive Launch Coverage (Page.6)

Re: Upgraded Punto & Linea launch on 3rd Jan 2012

A thought just shot through my mind, are we expecting too much from FIAT? the fact that VW has phenomenal sales volume compared to FIAT is nowhere near surprising! Both being European manufacturers & have considerable user base in Europe itself, while one had a walkaway success the other is still mulling on how to go about their strategy here?!?!

Its beats me to no end that FIAT is managing to kill itself again & again when they have cars that are best in their class & those that would appeal to everyone. I've seen barely a mention of FIAT in recent times & even in the Car & Bike awards of NDTV not a single entry in any category from FIAT uh!
no! fiat should get their fair share in india but from their strategies its looking they dont want to!

btw guys, we are moving OT!

350Z

Core Team

When I wanted to gift a small car to my father earlier last year, I put aside all my knowledge of cars and Td'ed the Punto 1.2 (the 1.4 is too thirsty) before I TD'ed any other car. In isolation, the 1.2 Punto is not a bad car at all but after driving it I went and Tded the Brio and the Ritz and all was crystal clear. The overall build quality, the panel gaps, the performance of the Maruti K-Series/Honda 1.2, the reassurance of good after-sales service, everything logically screamed "THIS IS BETTER THAN THE PUNTO". Even after all this, I thought that sod everything, if I were buying this car for myself and not for my father, I'd still have gone in for the Punto 1.2 in a flash. And I guess that's why at the end of the day, some people still buy these cars because there is something lovable about them. However, for the majority of the car buying public in our country, the lovable-ness of a car is not reason enough to put their hard earned money on it and practical factors mentioned above remain too dominating in their car buying decision (and probably rightly so).
True and extremely well said. I cannot agree more.

Online streaming at following places - Live from 1.30PM onwards
We will be there to cover the entire thing live.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Drive Safe,
350Z
350Z: Waiting for the update with bated breath and fervent hope !

Fiat is going to launch facelift Linea and Punto tomorrow So no valid reason to participate in Auto Expo 2012.

It is time to sit & enjoy the huge range of cars about to be launched starting from today! [drive]

Waiting for your coverage of upgraded Linea & Punto launch 350Z.[:)]

Hi
I missed the Question and Answer session due to unavailability of video stream .

The Upgraded features

Punto

Only 3 Variants : Active,Dynamic,Emotion

Emotion :

Dual airbags
Blue Me
ABS
15'' alloys

Dynamic :

Mp3 player
Fog lamps
Electric ORVM
Remote locking

Active :

Mp3 Player
Central locking

Across all Variants :

Ground clearance increases to 195mm
Brighter Grey interiors with dual tone theme
New Oceanic Blue color
AC improvement

Linea

Improved Ground clearance of 190mm
New light ivory Beige Interiors
New Ocean blue color
Rain sensing wipers
Auto switch On/Off headlamps
NVH Reduction for Diesel versions
AC improvement
Key less entry, rear defogger

Last edited:

Price (in Lakhs)

Punto
Petrol
Active - 4.81
Dynamic - 5.04
Emotion - 6.54

Diesel
Active - 5.48
Dynamic - 6.11
Emotion - 6.71

Linea
Petrol
Active - 6.83
Dynamic - 7.81
Emotion - Missed

Diesel
Active - 7.84
Dynamic - 8.84
Emotion - 9.19

Price (in Lakhs)

Punto
Petrol
Active - 4.81
Dynamic - 5.04
Emotion - 6.54

Diesel
Active - 5.48
Dynamic - 6.11
Emotion - 6.71

Linea
Petrol
Active - 6.83
Dynamic - 7.81
Emotion - Missed

Diesel
Active - 7.84
Dynamic - 8.84
Emotion - 9.19
Difference between Punto Dynamic Petrol and Diesel is Rs. 1,07,000. But the difference between Punto Emotion Petrol and Diesel is is just Rs. 17,000. And also this creates the huge price gap between Punto Petrol Dynamic and Emotion, where this gap is just Rs. 60,000 for Diesel variant. Are you sure the prices are correct?

Last edited:

IMHO both Punto & Linea petrol versions are overpriced.

for eg. Jazz X is priced around 6L while Punto E is 6.54 L. Punto with its archaic 1.4L engine is no match to Jazz (BluenMe notwithstanding).

Most important issue would how much interior quality has improved and how niggle free are the products.

Without that its hard to visualize the tide turning in Fiat's favour.

Difference between Punto Dynamic Petrol and Diesel is Rs. 1,07,000. But the differen between Punto Emotion Petrol and Diesel is is just Rs. 17,000. And also this creates the huge price gap between Punto Petrol Dynamic and Emotion, where this gap is just Rs. 60,000 for Diesel variant. Are you sure the prices are correct?
Yes these are the prices they had shown in presentation

Difference between Punto Dynamic Petrol and Diesel is Rs. 1,07,000. But the difference between Punto Emotion Petrol and Diesel is is just Rs. 17,000. And also this creates the huge price gap between Punto Petrol Dynamic and Emotion, where this gap is just Rs. 60,000 for Diesel variant. Are you sure the prices are correct?
I think Punto Dynamic petrol has 1.2 L engine while Punto Emotion has got 1.4 L one. That may be the reason (excise benefit not applicable to 1.4L car)

I think Punto Dynamic petrol has 1.2 L engine while Punto Emotion has got 1.4 L one. That may be the reason (excise benefit not applicable to 1.4L car)
But then why would one buy Punto Petrol Emotion when One can easily pay just 17k more and get Punto Diesel Emotion. I would definitely do the same.[:D]
And also Fiat Punto is not famous for it's Petorl engine.

Top Bottom