Fiat Punto & Linea ‘Absolute’ Edition Launched (Coverage on Pg.2)

Re: Fiat Punto & Linea ‘Absolute’ Edition Launched (Coverage on Pg.2)

If Fiat India wants to establish itself as a major brand in India by registering huge sales numbers , Fiat must fasten up setting individual dealership across the country. They will have to bring in newer models like punto evo to India.

Last edited:
Whenever I look at Fiat Punto I just want to rush over to the dealer & feel like booking the car, ah but I have to wait if some things work out for me I just might book the car soon. Fingers crossed. Nice coverage 350Z!

Just saw the advertisement of absolute editions FIAT on TV and later in news paper. Should say they are trying hard. Advertisement not at all technical like before and human emotions were involved as well. Only sales figure will tell whether it worked for FIAT or not.

I wish them all the very best of luck.

Absolute edition or not; will not affect sales which I predict will go down further. The reasons are simple:
1) Mudflaps, door sill plates, mats you could easily get earlier from the dealer free of cost. You would not have 'absolute' written on top but who cares.
2) Free RSA and Corporate discount was there earlier too
3) Free insurance - well this is new but we all know that this figure is manipulated and you can easily get it from the market at 60% of the quoted price. Also if you take GPS (which is a normal tablet easily available in the market), you can only avail of 50% of the insurance deduction. So at maximum comes to discount of 15K approx.
4) A few stickers
Does the company think that a person buying a FIAT cares about the above? Even if he does, its among one of the lowest discounts being provided in real terms in this festive season. Given the market is stagnant and number of buyers fixed, I see them enticed by other brands and the sales going further south.

Fiat is offering Rs.78000 on Linea and Rs.67000 on Punto.I hope that all would buy Fiat Cars.
Please refer to my earlier post; Rs.67K on Punto is a mirage. Its more of a marketing gimmick rather than a test of our intelligence.

The absolute edition accessories are now available to existing Fiat owners as well. Please check with the local dealers.

View attachment 67492
The GPS navigation unit is just an android tablet. I guess you can easily get one with a better configuration by paying less than 10k, and mount it on the windshield.

The GPS navigation unit is just an android tablet. I guess you can easily get one with a better configuration by paying less than 10k, and mount it on the windshield.
The cost of the car pad 5 is same as what it is displayed on MapMyIndia site. So one can buy directly from there as well.

CarPad 5: GPS Navigation and Entertainment for your car on a 3G Android tablet from MapmyIndia

Can buy it cheaper from Snapdeal as well.

MapMyIndia CarPad 5 Online Price, Specifications, Reviews, Features in India : Tablet/Slate PCs - Compare India

Review of the Car Pad 5:

ET Review: MapmyIndia CarPad 5 - Economic Times

Why FIAT is not focusing on urgent need i.e- dealer network to regain faith of customers. It can launch Absolute version and THE More Absolute version the fact remains same, poor Customer Faith in this brand. Launching Absolute version is like adding Item number in a poor scripted movie. All know its does nt help. Rather its should focus on communicating that FIAT parts and maintenance are cheaper. you place this car in Maruti showroom it will sale like hot cake, bcoz Indian customers still have trust in Maruti. Fiat has ditched Indian customers in past - Uno episode. Swift has lesser features but greater trust. I am having Punto and pretty satisfied but I am not Anna who can touch heart of prospective customers. FIAT u have such nice product please think differently and gain trust of prospects.

Last edited:

Top Bottom