FIAT Punto : Largest Selling Car in Italy for 17th Consecutive Year

They have already started one in Hyderabad(Tejaswi motors) and there it made lot of difference it seems where I am able to see good number of new Puntos on the roads these days [clap] Hope they will do this across India very soon !!

December car sales are down 22% in Italy at 131,202 units, bringing the 2010 total to 1,972,617, down 9% on 2009. The Fiat Punto is the best selling car in Italy for the 17th year in a row (the 1st gen Punto launched in Nov 93) with sales down 15% at 155,301 (7.9%).

The Top 6 is unchanged this year: the Fiat Panda is #2 for the 9th year in a row, down 19% at 7% share, ahead of the Ford Fiesta (-8% at 5%), Fiat 500 (-15% at 3.5%), VW Golf (-8% at 2.6%) and Opel Corsa (-2% at 2.6%). The VW Polo is up 69% and 12 spots in 7th and the Renault Clio is up 34% and 5 spots in 10th.

In December, the Mini breaks into the Top 10 for the first time since its reintroduction in 2001: it is 10th with 2,440 sales, the new Ford C-Max is #17 and the Fiat Doblo reaches its best at #21.

More commentaries, December and Full Year Top 50 below.

Other 2010 highlights include the 15th place of the Opel Astra, up 9 spots and 29% with 26,681 sales, the 20th place of the Renault Megane (+30%), the 24th place of the Peugeot 206+ (+ 18 spots), the 25th place of the Renault Scenic (+96% and 34 spots!) and the arrival of the Alfa Romeo Giulietta at #34 (14,399 sales) and the Chevrolet Spark at #38 (13,530 sales).

Source : Italy December 2010: Mini in Top 10, Punto #1 for 17th year « Best Selling Cars – Matt's blog
Very happy to hear that ...[:)]

Nice to hear the news about punto, but guys there is a problem which left un-addressed, that is here in india the features which are there in punto E+ can easily be found in cars much cheaper cars than punto. Like ABS, EBD, B&M(Bluetooth in others). In case of suspension Mc-pherson struts are available in every other car, broad tires, alloys, central locking, etc...

People don't even test drive the vehicle because its costly. They never think that punto is not costly, rather other cars are cheaper. That is also not because they are value for money, but because they don't even have good build quality in their cars, they are supposed to have those features, whereas punto is using them in their best possible way.

All I can say is, all those who didn't buy the Punto (or for that matter any Fiat) have really missed out on owning and driving a fabulous car. I'm still cursing my wife for not buying the Punto and going in for the i10.

All I can say is, all those who didn't buy the Punto (or for that matter any Fiat) have really missed out on owning and driving a fabulous car. I'm still cursing my wife for not buying the Punto and going in for the i10.
+100, I feel the same whenever I see a Punto on road. The only reason I did not go for Punto last year was they were handled by TATA service and to be frank I will be a kilometer away from TASS and even for this reason I could not go with Vista( A really beautiful car !!). But today Fiat has opened their exlusive outlet and service center in Hyderabad, I really missed it[frustration].

Top Bottom