Fiat Planning to Re-Launch New Uno

Thread Starter #1
Fiat SpA is resurrecting Uno, a boxy small car that best epitomises the Italian automaker’s chequered history in India, in a new-look green avatar.Uno, whose downfall in 1996 is a stark reminder of Fiat’s poor run in India but whose arrival will culminate its revived fortunes in a humming market, is expected to hit showrooms towards the year-end.
Uno’s rollout could trigger the demise of Palio, a hatchback that has taken a backseat after the introduction of the Grande Punto last year, the persons said. These days, Fiat India rolls out the Palio only against orders, with some dealers admitting to monthly sales of up to two units. Another reason for phasing out Palio is that the car does not comply with new emission rules. The move is tinged with irony because the Palio was introduced in 1999 as a substitute for Uno. Fiat stopped Uno’s production in Italy but continued with the model in a few countries, notably Brazil, where a new variant was unveiled recently. There has been relentless speculation on the model’s entry in India after having undergone a makeover with a brand-new design and engine. (Fiat to relaunch small car Uno with new engine, look-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times)

YouTube - Novo Fiat Uno 2011: Comercial de lançamento no Brasil

YouTube - New 2011 Fiat Uno Part 1

uno.jpg

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Though the interiors are looking good still i don like the car based on looks! After seeing Punto and Linea from Fiat this is not acceptable from them!

I personally like the looks of UNO & it looks outstanding from any other car in Indian Auto Scene.

Its a good decision & I welcome it :-)

I think Fiat can succeed if they launch this kind of thing in mini-suv segment to target Mahindra small SUV and Rio then i can say it looks good [thumbsup] or if they are going to launch it in hatchback segment then it wierdest IMO considering the current line up of FIAT.

350Z

Core Team
Hey do I notice some cues from Ritz on it's nose? or is this just a rendering based on Ritz?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15
Yes it looks ugly. I think this is some kind of art work done. The new UNO is already launched in Brazil on 5th May 2010. I even don't like this UNO.

Attachments

Top Bottom