Fiat Palio SDX for 4.39L should I go for it?

Hi Sandeep just went through this thread. As most of our members have already suggested, go for Palio. You wont find such a sweet deal atleast not in the near future). Also, it is needless to say that Palio has one of the finest diesel heart at that price. Following are some of the things about Palio which makes it a wonderful car to own.
1. Good build quality
2. Great/Proven engine
3. Spacious interiors
4. Fun to drive factor

Also with the amount you save on this deal, spice up the exteriors and make it a looker.
So, i strongly recommend you to go for this deal.

350Z

Core Team
Sandeep, Now that’s a sweet deal with Fiat offering on-road assistance, free insurance, extended warranty etc. with the car but do I smell something fishy around? I guess some official from Fiat already said that they have no plans to continue selling the car in India in future, hence no BS-4 treatment, instead all new Mini-Fiat is expected to come up but that’s too long anyways. Before I personally advice anything, please elaborate on your requirements which can help us for you to decide. Have a look at this thread for more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

There is nothing fishy about this. Actually this is not an open offer to everybody, they actually given this offer to Tata employees and they instructed the dealers to pass the information to some loyal fiat customers (reference - PUG). But they are restricting anybody for this. If you are interested, you can go ahead. No mass adv. or publicity made about it.
Also its a limited time offer, its going to end by this weekend.

350Z

Core Team
A good deal, no doubt but it’d be worthless if OP has entirely different requirements and going for the Palio just because of the fact that he’s getting it at a discounted price.

@Sandeep, Kindly update us regarding your decision, also mention the requirements.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #20
@Sandeep, Kindly update us regarding your decision, also mention the requirements.
Sorry, I was out of station for couple of days so unable to update. Today called the dealer as he was about to send the quotation of both SLX and SDX. But he said that the scheme has changed today and he doesn't have any idea about the new scheme. So he is going to update me till today evening. So just wait for the updates.

I am in dilemma whether to go for diesel or petrol. My requirements are:
1. Power Steering, Power Windows and good AC.
2. Monthly running around 1600 - 1700 Km.
3. Should be easy to drive in city as my wife will also drive it.

Hi Sandep,

We'll be waiting for your updates.
After looking at your monthly usage, I guess you can better go for diesel version.

Bot diesel and petrol engines are proven and reliable engines. However, here is the Thumb Rule: with FIAT, always go for diesel.

Considering your usage, diesel is more economical for you and I will recommend that.

The only choice at your running must be Diesel.
The features will be available in SDX, and I am sure your wife will also like Palio to drive.

Thread Starter #25
Hello Everybody,

I have an update about the scheme. The scheme is still valid and from 4.39 on-road they will deduct the insurance + extended warranty + handling charges. So now the final on road price is 4.2L

But my heart says go for Palio but my brain says why you are going for a outdated model which does not have much bright future.

Talked with lots of auto enthusiastic but 90% of them suggested me to stay away from Palio unless you are a big Palio fan. More confused now. The price is really tempting.

I am a fiat fan too , but palio .

I wolud suggest to stay away from it though palio has solid build , great body styling and a good engine.

Buying a diesel for monthly running above 1500 kms is advisable .
Buy palio only if you plan to keep this atleast for some 5 years.

Though tata will support the spares , it will be almost difficult and delay in time , for each service may be after some 4 year of time.

if you look by resale , no for the palio.

Palio is only for true palio - fiat fans.

Just a 40K more i think you can get a vista basic with same engine and a 15K more , you can get a figo.

Hi Sandeep,

As ilango said, if you plan to keep the car for more than 5 years then you need not worry about the resale value. Go and grab it.

It is a true value for money car. If you feel you may give the car soon, i would suggest you not to go for it.

Indica vista also has some better deals. Have a check.

Sandeep, as already Ilando and Marun said, If you really like Palio, go for it. Its really cheap. Having said that, if you have even small doubt about any other thing, don't buy. Palio has some great quality, but it comes with its own problems, mainly spare parts delay and bad reputation of Tata A.S.S. If you worry more about A.S.S then car, don't go for Palio. But if you are ok with small issues, you must go for it.
And Fiat has lauched this offer for fans only, so adv. or publicity.

Top Bottom