Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
I am 3rd owner and bought this one from my close friend.Believe it or not its my first car and had very minimal skill of driving a car. It was with this car I fine tuned my driving skills.

Initially I got these done as part of my first service

1. COOLANT n break fluid change
2. WHEEL ROTATION + ALLIGNMENT
3. MIRROR FIXING
4. REVERSE LAMP SWITCH
5. NEW RIGHT WIPER
6. LEFT AC VENT

To start with my first drive to office on a rainy day, ended up me banging into public transport bus ( BMTC). It was my mistake got confused with pedals and in the end it was GAS pedal I pressed instead of a BRAKE. Luckily it was raining so heavy that neither the driver of the bus nor me wanted to come out and look at the damage.I continued driving and then I realized the damage on the car.The front bumper and the bonnet had damaged.Got the job done by sharing the cost with the Insurance and myself.This incident happened in 2009.

After this incident only major problem I faced was with the steering wheel arrangement as it had to be replaced as there was some internal damage and the steering oil was always oozing out .This costed me 12K for whole new set.

Then my PAlio got some new stickers i.e. twin stripes and then one in the skirts.Thats the reason you will see few of the pictures don't match.

Attachments

lxi.

Suspended
Palio has been my favourite sporty hatchback (The New Palio in Red) since last few years.And yours looks even nicer with the Alloys, Spoiler,Racing Stripes, Tints, Side Skirts, Hood Scoop,Sports pedal and TAcho with Shift light! Nice pics! But the 'L' Mark doesnt look good :(
If its a third owner car, It is very nicely maintained.The Alloys are nice too. Sorry to hear about the accident, but these are getting unavoidable these days. Being a new driver, Confusion between the Pedals is obvious. How much money did you got the car for?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Wow the car looks fresh! It is one hoot to drive[:)]
We had done a pune-goa 4-5 years back in a Palio, and I still remember the handling it provided on those ghats. I am sure you must be treated well!!

Thread Starter #5
Palio has been my favourite sporty hatchback (The New Palio in Red) since last few years.And yours looks even nicer with the Alloys, Spoiler,Racing Stripes, Tints, Side Skirts, Hood Scoop,Sports pedal and TAcho with Shift light! Nice pics! But the 'L' Mark doesnt look good :(
If its a third owner car, It is very nicely maintained.The Alloys are nice too. Sorry to hear about the accident, but these are getting unavoidable these days. Being a new driver, Confusion between the Pedals is obvious. How much money did you got the car for?

Cheers!
Thanks LXI , Yeah I agree the 'L' mark does not suit here, now that 'L' mark has vanished from wind shield. I got this one for 1.5L, all my friends did suggest me that 1.6 will be a tough one to start with but somehow I am very very comfortable with it now.http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/images/smilies/1.gif

Thanks Traveller, yes car like u said feels really solid when u drive it on highway, its just a fuel guzzler . :)

Last edited by a moderator:

lxi.

Suspended
Now, Wheres the Ownership Review buddy!
Waiting for it.

Buddy, Smilie has not to be pasted like you did , By a link.
When you post a reply,(Quick Reply) there are Bold, Italic, Underline, Insert link, image, Wrap, SMILIE button. You have to click it and a new window opens with lots of smilies in it. Click on which one you want. You cannot post more than 3 smilies in one post. Or simply in the Quick reply , Where the button Post quick reply is, At the right of it, There is "go advanced" button. Click it and there will be smilies. Click and the smilie gets pasted where your cursor is!

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
As far as mileage is concerned its not so healthy when compared with the new fleet of petrol cars. This one gives me a 8KMPL in city condition. I cover a distance of 40kms in a day of which 20kms is bumper to bumper traffic and on highway it gives me around 10KMPL.

There has been no major performance issue other than the fuel consumption.I get it serviced every 5000 kms from one of the old FIAT authorized service center in Bangalore(Shri Hariprasad Automobiles, Basavanagudi, Bangalore) .

I did think of alternate fuel arrangment i.e. LPG fitting after consulting with Peekayam Gas Car Works and he says there would be no drop in the power but there will be 15% drop in the mileage.I have thought lot about it but now I have decided that I will not disturb the beauty for now, so I have dropped the plan.I have done little bit of calculation to see how many months I will take to reach the BREAK EVEN POINT, it is 11 months for my usage without any long ride.I have attached the screenshot of the same.

Attachments

very maintained palio buddy. kudos! you are also very lucky to own 1.6..its asset keep her with you always! [:)]

Thread Starter #9
very maintained palio buddy. kudos! you are also very lucky to own 1.6..its asset keep her with you always! [:)]

Thanks Umang ... Wooow like to drive when there is a Bharat bandh, reached office in 45 mins instead of 1.5 hrs :)

Thread Starter #10
Hi Guys,

I had wonderful first long trip from Blore to Mlore and back again in my Palio [clap]. Except for the Shiradi ghat section rest of the stretch is very good. I have attached some figures.

Attachments

sharmavi, Welcome back. How about posting some recent pictures of your car? Also do share the travelogue with us.

BTW you have mentioned about some trouble in ghat section, why so? Yours is 1.6L Mill which should perform well on all terrains no?

i am an avid fiat fan and with heavy heart had to sell my 1600cc S10 about 3 months back.

loved every bit of the engine and it was a power house. Spares were a major issue and not every mechanic on road was ready to touch it. Feels sad that Fiat after so many years in india have not invested much in A.S.S and the tie up with Tata was just a time pass for TATA.

I was lucky to find a very good mechanic in mayapuri delhi and he did manage to keep my car top notch before i finally decided to sell it for a Brio.

I did not give the metal bat S10 key chain while selling it, kept it to remind me of the good times i enjoyed with the beast.

Top Bottom