Fiat Multiair is Best New Engine of the Year

Thread Starter #1
Fiat's new 1.4L Multiair Turbo has been voted the Best New Engine of the year in the International Engine of the year awards.

The awards are organized by the magazine Engine Technology International, published by UKIP Media & Events.

fiat-multiair.jpg

International Engine of the Year Awards 2010
Fiat’s MultiAir, the single most innovative engine technology to appear in the past 12 months, has been rewarded by the Awards judging panel with the title of Best New Engine of 2010.

MultiAir employs an electrohydraulic system to independently control each cylinder’s inlet air charge. Depending on the driving situation, there are five main modes of inlet valve timing and lift, but in principle MultiAir enables infinitely variable control of the inlet valves.

The system is particularly special because it is able to increase power and torque while reducing fuel consumption and emissions. The concept is therefore ideal for today’s world of eco-conscious, downsized automotive powertrains.

Fiat Powertrain Technologies, which has developed and patented the system, claims that, compared with a traditional petrol engine of the same displacement, a MultiAir unit brings up to 10% more power and 15% more torque, while improving fuel economy by up to 10% and reducing emissions, whether they be CO2 (-10%), particulate matter (-40%) or NOx (-60%).

Hopefully, they will bring this here too! Regarding RSM, I am sure he is happy [;)] In fact we all should be since FIAT engines are used under different badges. So probably we can see these engines in MSIL or TATA cars !

Thread Starter #5
Thanks Shynis and I am always happy, after I bought Punto, with Fiat. No issues at all.

The main thing is Fiat is doing again and again, MJD was winner sometime back and now this new engine.

Read - "Fiat’s MultiAir, the single most innovative engine technology to appear in the past 12 months". This shows their excellence.

Top Bottom