Fiat Might Bring New Palio to India: Updated Pics on Pg.6

Yes, it looks very similar to Punot. however size may differ. If they can launch some thing like this, Indica & Figo will be the affected rivals!

it looks nice and tail lamps are Volvo XC90 inspired! still it looks smaller to me than other cars like figo, indica. may be the competition to Micra?

Thread Starter #50

350Z

Core Team
Looks nice, very much Micra like but is it New Palio or Uno? If Palio then, not the best IMO as a replacement of current model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Palio ain't selling at all.The old lady has finsihed its cycle.Fiat desperately needs to replace it.But can they get the pricing right?They need good localisation levels.
They are struggling with the Punto.
IMO they need to hurry up & get a hatch under 4 lakhs before they are crushed by competition.

Thread Starter #52

350Z

Core Team
With so many products entering into the entry-level hatchback segment, I believe Fiat will eventually enter into it, that could be most likely through New Uno or Palio but "when" still yet remains un-answered.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Entering market with New uno is a better idea because fiat wont be able to offer palio below 4lacs and anything above that may affect sales of punto which fiat would never wish.

The current edition of AutoBild magazine has a cover story on the new UNO. The car looks cool and i hope FIAT brings it here instead of the dreadful Palio. I'll post a scanned cover of the mag tomorrow.

I got this from Wiki:

The Fiat Uno will make comeback as new project Progetto 327, the Brazilian-built "Novo Uno" was seen in the Fiat Group´s production plan for 2010-2014. The new Uno is engineered at Brazil and co-designed with Turin's Fiat Centro Stile. The car will have two new engines: 1.0 Fire Evo and the 1.4 Fire Evo, both beaing able to use alcohol or gasoline or mixed with both fuels
There are couple of spy shot videos on You tube. Check this one too: YouTube

The car looks solid could be a direct competitor for other tall boys in Indian market !

Fiats are always solid and this is a real BIG leap forward from the Uno which I saw last. And we all are talking about Palio, Isn’t it already discontinued due to stringent emission norms?
That could be true. However, if they can keep the Palio with a Euro-IV / Euro-V engine as the base model from FIAT, that will be a real good move I think. The gap between Palio and Punto can be filled with the new UNO . Then we may witness the quick growth for FIAT in India [thumbsup]

Top Bottom