Fiat Might Bring New Palio to India: Updated Pics on Pg.6

Thread Starter #31

350Z

Core Team
A Halt to Fiat Palio!

In a recent interview with DNA India, CEO Rajeev Kapoor has told that Fiat has no plans to upgrade aging Palio to meet the new emission norms but the car will continue to sell. So we should not look forward for launch of a new face-lifted Palio in country.

Rajeev Kapoor said:
There will be no upgrades for Palio and the current product will continue to sell.
Drive Safe,
350Z

This is not a good news. FIAT could have set a new image altogether by launching the new Palio. I mean, now they have the good from Punto and Linea. That would have helped a new version of Palio to capture significant market. Ideally they should launch the new Palio or even a new car, in the Ritz - i10 segment. That will definitely generate some heat. But unfortunate !

Last edited:
Oh this bad , had they brought in the new facelifted Palio now it would have tasted some success after the recent hits of Punto and Palio!!

I think the Omni too will be on the way out, since there is no news of any engine upgrade.
And what about the Gypsy??

There was a news some times back that Gypsy is also going out and Jimny will be introduced. Conidering that Suzuki havd the 1.5L DDiS engine for Jimny, it can make some figure in India.

Thread Starter #40

350Z

Core Team
I think the Omni too will be on the way out, since there is no news of any engine upgrade.
And what about the Gypsy??
Please feel free to create a separate thread on that topic, Let this thread remain dedicated for Fiat Palio. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Not only the best looking but i also believe was a toughly built Hatch!! Quite spacious than most of the Hatches present now!

It suffered initially with a lot of negative feedback with mileage, and it could never really recover from that.
But yes, a real good looking car, most Italians are (!!) and spacious too!!

Thread Starter #45

350Z

Core Team
I personally never liked the looks of Palio which was first introduced in India, It looked like a turtle and dark black interiors were not appealing as well but then soon Fiat released the face-lifted model which was successful to impress me and Yes, The tough and solid body is a given in almost all Fiats. Any ways, The Palio was great car to own with its own charm just like the earlier jelly bean shaped Maruti Zen, These cars will be missed by automobile enthusiasts, Always.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom