FIAT Linea - 1.4 16v T-Jet Now Launched

Fiat Linea 1.6 Multijet
Expected in Early 2010
Estimated price: Rs 11 lakh
The styling of the Fiat Linea is widely appreciated, however, its power-to-weight ratio has disappointed many. So, for the performance enthusiasts, the Fiat Linea will available with a 1.6-litre Multijet engine sometime next year.

The 1.6-litre multijet will probably feature a variable geometric turbocharger. This will boost the performance of the car and will help in generating more sales for Fiat India. The car will sport the same features that are currently present.
Specs (Speculated)
Engine

Displacement: 1598cc
Overall Length: 4560mm
Overall Width: 1730 mm
Overall Height : 1487 mm
Wheelbase: 2603mm
Ground Clearance: 161mm
Words: The 1.6MJD Linea will inject fresh enthusiasm into the car and will give its competitors a hard time.

Source - Carwale

11 Lakhs for Linea MJD? [shock] I think thats a typo.

Drive Safe!
350Z
Hope it is. Else, i'd go for Cruze.

if its 11L then they have to include features like parking/rain sensors, better music system, better quality, rear disc brakes, 16"alloys with bigger tyres, and ESP!

http://motoroids.com/index.php?opti...-for-fiat-linea&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
6 airbags, nice ICE like Outlander, button start system, etc.. should all be added IMO

350Z

Core Team
Even if they add all these features, The car is not at worth 11lakhs.
As Zinam said, Maximum 9lakhs for it can be digested, I personally don't think that FIAT will price it so high, They have got to know the mind set of Indians quite well, So they should price their cars competitvely.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Yes 350z,

I'm sure that FIAT will not make repeated mistakes again as they have already experienced it some time back :)

350Z

Core Team
The Fiat Linea will be dressed in blue color and launched at the upcoming Auto Expo. The Linea will also be launched with the 1.6-liter Multijet engine during the occasion.
Many people feel the 1.3-liter Multi-jet was common and boring for a car that looks very unique. Fiat will address that concern with the punchy 105PS 1.6-liter engine. The engine is also being tested on the Grande Punto and the results will be out soon.
The new color seen is named ‘cool jazz blue’ available in India already on the Punto.

Source: IAB

Drive Safe!
350Z

Attachments

I read in ACI that only 1.4 T-jet developing 118 BHP will be launched now. 1.6mjd's launch is post poned to end of 2010. The reason said is Fiat don't want to use the phased out GM sourced transmission and they want to develop their own 'box.

well yes 1.4 vjet engine is a welcome and much needed for their linea, but as we all are talking about its 1.6mdjt engine, i dont think its gonna come, rather fiat is thinking of coming up with 1.9L multijet engine for linea later in 2010.
source:friend working for fiat.

Top Bottom