FIAT Linea - 1.4 16v T-Jet Now Launched

Thread Starter #1
I was just taking a look at FIAT Linea official site and fond that they are coming up with the 1.4 16 V T-Jet engine in Oct.

Form the site:

1.4 16 V T-Jet

This T-JET turbo charged petrol engine with 120 hp torque is outstanding with its performance, low fuel consumption and long lifetime. Just from 1750 rpm with the great support of Turbo, 206 nm of torque is available. With this advantage, the mid-acceleration performance is so good without downgearing this also provides low consumption and high comfort. Linea 1.4 16V T-Jet acceleration from 0-100 km/h in just 9 seconds & maximum speed
Some new features on the safety side:

ESP*

Especially in the curves , ESP Retains the control of the driver and brakes as smooth as possible ensuring a more comfortable drive.

ASR*

Allows optimum traction at every pace via brake and engine control. ASR makes it easier to drive conveniently in the ground conditions with a low hold.

MSR*

Prevents the loss of vehicle balance and excessive drift of tractor tyres, even in low road holding conditions.

Hillholder-HBA*

These systems prevent sliding at uphill take offs by the brakes activating by two seconds. This allows the driver great comfort and prevent the unexpected situation.

*The items to come with 1.4 T.Jet in October
This information is from FIAT Linea official site. Let's hope that the same will be launched in India too [:)]

Last edited:
That would be great news!!
Its a while since it launch and some upgrade and face lift is required, apart from TV adv. to keep the interest alive in this great product.

I was just taking a look at FIAT Linea official site and fond that they are coming up with the 1.4 16 V T-Jet engine in Oct.

Form the site:

Some new features on the safety side:

This information is from FIAT Linea official site. Let's hope that the same will be launched in India too [:)]
If that TC'd engine comes to India it will be a hit in performance Enthusiast's.That will make it Indians second affordable TC'd petrol car [:)]
I hope it comes.

Thread Starter #6
hey shynish the information is available in http://www.fiatlinea.com/main.html this is the global website and these engine options are yet to be seen in India. As far as 1.4 Tjet info which i got it is due for release during Mid 2010. I was surprised to see an early release by Oct.

@ CC : Interceptor is faster than me [:)] You have the link now! Please check the 'SAFETY --> ACTIVE' section in this site. You can see the info on new engine at 'PERFORMANCE --> ENGINE OPTIONS'.

Yes, interceptor. I was surprised too. I remember that we were discussing about a 1.6 or 1.9 litter engine for Linea and the same for SX4. And see what is out there! FIAT fooled all of us [;)] But if this is happening, it will be great for Indians for sure !

Last edited:
I was checking in Linea's India website.
I just checked the link. Hope this comes to Indian model soon, so do the 1.6 mjd. Local Tata-Fiat dealer says that 1.6mjd will come in by 6 months time.

Yup..thats right CC ..i too got the info that we can expect the 1.6 MJD or 1.4 T-Jet by mid 2010 on indian roads... having my fingers crossed :)

Its great news for us because the weakest link of a Linea are its gutless engines, which puts a lot of buyers off. The T-Jet engine and the 1.6 MJD engine will surely spice things up and will make the Linea a literal road rocker. I am just waiting to get my hands on them and feel the raw power and acceleration.

Thread Starter #12
I think 1.6L will be great option for enthusiasts. I feel 1.3L is sufficiently powered for average indian traffic conditions.

Agree with you to some extent. But the problem is in Indian terrain, you need more power especially with A/C switched on. And just imagine the way we need to do over taking in India roads [;)] I personally like more horse power.

I am just wondering whether FIAT will plant these engines to Punto as well [confused]
Like Palio 1.6 in, Fiat can launch Punto with 1.6mjd with some nice alloys and skirts and sell it as a hot hatch. IMO, it won't fail like palio, as diesel economy is something one can't go wrong with.

Last edited:
i came across a website which quoted that linea 1.6 mjd would be showcased and probably launched during the auto expo 2010 with the new color "cool jazz blue"!![clap]

Top Bottom