Fiat Launches Grande Punto 90 BHP (Now Road Tested)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Fiat India is on a roll. After a big success of Punto hatch, It will soon launch the Sporty version of car to celebrate the first anniversary.

Drive Safe,
350Z

thank god this is not like the indica sports with some stupid stickering, steel wheels & LPG!

this loves looks hot & should sell well.

Good move.

It will increase the road presence of Punto more in India!

Young drivers will be more happy now & fellow fathers who are going to buy that will be crying :)

The Punto seems to have caught the pulse of the market dead center!!
I am sure they are going to make a few inroads into the sales volumes of Hyundai and Maruti.

Yes this is looking great! A good move from Fiat! Now if they can just marginally increase the price it will be a sure hit in the market!

@Aditya, yes the Sports version will have price increase. Also i heard that the 2010 model of Linea and Puntos have much better fit-n-finish.

Thanks for the clarification.
But re the fit and finish, the Fiats actually have benchmark-able fit and finish levels, so any improvement will actually be too much of a good thing!!

Ohh.. So a Diesel Sports Vehicle.A pretty intelligent move by Fiat.

I was more of expecting a 1.4 Petrol Tjet engine.

But the reality is the current gearbox on punto/linea is not capable of handling that kind of power. Fiat is developing a gearbox here in India which will be able to handle a turbocharged 1.4Tjet engine & they will you see the Tjet linea & Tjet Punto (petrol) on Indian roads.

The Punto Sports bhp number = 90.

The current Punto/linea 1.4l engine bhp number = 90

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
@Aditya, yes the Sports version will have price increase. Also i heard that the 2010 model of Linea and Puntos have much better fit-n-finish.
The increased pricing of Punto sports is pretty much obvious and Yes, The '10 Linea and Punto models have been improved and few of the issues like falling badges etc has rectified.

Is there any other hatch in India which has more than 90BHP power? Just curious to know.
Yes, The Ford Fusion+ 1.6 produces 100 BHP of power.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I was talking about Diesel engine. Any other diesel engine has 90 BHP?
No and that's the reason i call it a intelligent move by fiat.

I mean everyone was expecting a 1.2 Tjet,1.4 Tjet or 1.6 Tjet in punto/linea which would have made it a enthusiast car & pushed it higher on price & daily fuel consumption.

People now a days are mad behind diesels & fiat has just walked the right path.

But then this car is going to cost a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom