Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Road Test Review

Good review...thx
Does this have an USB/AUX input for the music player?

Another thing i felt Fiat should've added is a separate color for this model.

Good review...thx
Does this have an USB/AUX input for the music player?

Another thing i felt Fiat should've added is a separate color for this model.
Yes, Punto 90 hp does have USB facility. They have given provision for AUX, you will need to buy the AUX cable.

Now thats what I call a stylish hatch. Simple but elegant. The interiors looked dull at first, but you'll notice the change when you see it in real life. Fiat has used its classic styling and that is what I like most about this car.

Shootout - Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP vs Maruti Suzuki Swift | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Conclusion – Both these cars are closely matched. In terms of performance, both cars are very similar, but the Punto blows away the Swift in terms of driving dynamics. The Swift gets back with a 1 km/l better mileage, better service and cheaper cost. However the desirability of the Fiat is much higher and the Punto has a soul, something which the Swift lacks. With Fiat already working on their own dealership network, the Punto is a difficult car to ignore. Clearly the Punto is a better car and the one which will put a smile on the face of the driver, each and every time.

Attachments

Last edited:
Shootout - Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP vs Maruti Suzuki Swift | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Conclusion – Both these cars are closely matched. In terms of performance, both cars are very similar, but the Punto blows away the Swift in terms of driving dynamics. The Swift gets back with a 1 km/l better mileage, better service and cheaper cost. However the desirability of the Fiat is much higher and the Punto has a soul, something which the Swift lacks. With Fiat already working on their own dealership network, the Punto is a difficult car to ignore. Clearly the Punto is a better car and the one which will put a smile on the face of the driver, each and every time.
We always did know these in our hearts, but no one was and is ready to listen to us. [clap].

Neatly put facts by Motorbeam. Wish it was little more exhaustive! When it comes to gripping the road at high speeds, cornering, braking & steerting feedback; I feel Punto inspires tremendous confidence to driver. These things helps driver's peace of mind while highway cruising.

Well only point where punto scores over the swift its heavy and better in handling at high speeds, but when swift comes with a good tyre upgrade it smokes off the punto
Maruti suzuki has a gem of a engine with swift even though its from the fiat stable. very simple words..

Engine, driveablity, efficient service network and normal looks -- Swift
Looker, Fiat Badge, not so common like the swift --- punto

My friend who has a punto himshelf regretted when the swift took him for a push on a highway

But soul as you guy said even swift has it a, a never die attitude ...[glasses]

Well only point where punto scores over the swift its heavy and better in handling at high speeds, but when swift comes with a good tyre upgrade it smokes off the punto
Maruti suzuki has a gem of a engine with swift even though its from the fiat stable. very simple words..

Engine, driveablity, efficient service network and normal looks -- Swift
Looker, Fiat Badge, not so common like the swift --- punto

My friend who has a punto himshelf regretted when the swift took him for a push on a highway

But soul as you guy said even swift has it a, a never die attitude ...[glasses]

My friend what the comparison talks about is the stock form of both car, when you say better tyre can smoke Punto any day. I will say better gear ratios or remapped ECU can smoke Swift any day any time.

My friend what the comparison talks about is the stock form of both car, when you say better tyre can smoke Punto any day. I will say better gear ratios or remapped ECU can smoke Swift any day any time.
I thought Punto owner like you would have some sensibilty left to simply ignore such claims .
You dissapointed me bro !

I thought Punto owner like you would have some sensibilty left to simply ignore such claims .
You dissapointed me bro !
I just couldn't hold my self back from replying to him. Sorry for the dis appointment from my side. Won't happen next time. But he got what he needed to [lol] [clap]

Never knew automobile dynamics would be so simple !!! [;)] Happy & safe motoring friend !
There is one thing which is more important the driver..[lol] Jokes apart, being very fair when a company fails to provide some adequate need which the car needed desperately was the tyres in swift, so when we start saying about ECU remap why dont we try it with a pete box on both and judge between them

My friend who has a punto never lets down his machine too.. but at some instance we are bound to be fair and accept the drawback of the machine.. which he was generous to accept [:D]

I just couldn't hold my self back from replying to him. Sorry for the dis appointment from my side. Won't happen next time. But he got what he needed to [lol] [clap]
I am sorry if i have bumped in by hurting your sentiments, but being a well sensible auto enthusiast, i admire both but its no way fair or you can never draw a clean winner out of both as one laps the other one in a different world and condition and Jayadev its just overwhelming when getting to see people like you[:)]

Top Bottom