Fiat Grande Punto 90HP - Detailed Ownership Review

Thread Starter #677
Just forget everything and please reveal the secret DIY.
It is nowhere yet as we speak.
a clue: it is a project to Make Punto cross 100hp mark genuinely with out piggybacks and paper figures drawn out of assumptions.

Btw Punto is 2 years 7 month old now running on 27000km on odo.Not much moved out of Garage.

Genuine expenditure as ownership was 5000 as part of consumables in oil change.Ha Fiat!.

Of course there were some damages,accidents,got hit,cow hit ,bike crash,scooter kiss ,you name it.Once an Idiot hit walking and broke his front tooth.yes there was blood spill on the bonnet with mild scratches,car was parked in mall parking space ,me and the security guard the witness.
Thankfully nothing intruded into the car yet.(proof of Tank like built quality I guess)

As a true car lover I am disappointed with the ownership.reasons[cry]
1.Unable to drive-There are no roads to drive this machine,but war zones animated by insane Indian fellow traffic
2.Shock absorbers pain-Roads are not roads but torture test tracks and cluster potholes.where I pay more than price of a litre of diesal per kilometer at toll booths .it hurts to see the treatment for my expensive shock absorber and alloys.
3.No Consistency-There is no consistency on expense,price of fuel is like political slip of tongue.(2 months back I was filling 12 litre of 500 bucks,this month I got 9 litre for same moni.shame)
4.Rattle by 20kkm prediction-It did dissapoint many of my close friends whome predicted that Punto will rattle by 20kkm,fiat A.S.service will stop operating and within 2 years i would wish never had bought it. (My those poor friends, I miss them now.)
5.Addiction-they say no addiction is good for health.
6.Worst part- My family thinks ,it is a family caaaar.

Last edited:
@jayadev: Long time no see - hope all's well. Working overtime on the rig?

I must say you are one of those persons who own a Fiat without being a Fiat fanboy. Rarely does a Punto owner say publicly that he's disappointed with the ownership (even when he is!).

Surprising to know that rattles started after 20000 kms. So much for the 'tank like' build. On a more humane note, I think Gerala (ha!) roads are bad enough to make even a T90 rattle even before it's run in.

So where do we go from here?

Thread Starter #679
@jayadev: Long time no see - hope all's well. Working overtime on the rig?

I must say you are one of those persons who own a Fiat without being a Fiat fanboy. Rarely does a Punto owner say publicly that he's disappointed with the ownership (even when he is!).

Surprising to know that rattles started after 20000 kms. So much for the 'tank like' build. On a more humane note, I think Gerala (ha!) roads are bad enough to make even a T90 rattle even before it's run in.

So where do we go from here?
Hope you dint the miss the point .
Pardon my warped language (sarcasm) I was in a different (weekend) mood yesterday .
if it had rattled, curiosity in me would be glad ,which would be another excuse for an open surgery and exploration, but it dint.

Fact is that it din't rattle as predicted by everybody else in this world.

It is nowhere yet as we speak.
a clue: it is a project to Make Punto cross 100hp mark genuinely with out piggybacks and paper figures drawn out of assumptions.

Btw Punto is 2 years 7 month old now running on 27000km on odo.Not much moved out of Garage.

Genuine expenditure as ownership was 5000 as part of consumables in oil change.Ha Fiat!.

Of course there were some damages,accidents,got hit,cow hit ,bike crash,scooter kiss ,you name it.Once an Idiot hit walking and broke his front tooth.yes there was blood spill on the bonnet with mild scratches,car was parked in mall parking space ,me and the security guard the witness.
Thankfully nothing intruded into the car yet.(proof of Tank like built quality I guess)

As a true car lover I am disappointed with the ownership.reasons[cry]
1.Unable to drive-There are no roads to drive this machine,but war zones animated by insane Indian fellow traffic
2.Shock absorbers pain-Roads are not roads but torture test tracks and cluster potholes.where I pay more than price of a litre of diesal per kilometer at toll booths .it hurts to see the treatment for my expensive shock absorber and alloys.
3.No Consistency-There is no consistency on expense,price of fuel is like political slip of tongue.(2 months back I was filling 12 litre of 500 bucks,this month I got 9 litre for same moni.shame)
4.Rattle by 20kkm prediction-It did dissapoint many of my close friends whome predicted that Punto will rattle by 20kkm,fiat A.S.service will stop operating and within 2 years i would wish never had bought it. (My those poor friends, I miss them now.)
5.Addiction-they say no addiction is good for health.
6.Worst part- My family thinks ,it is a family caaaar.
Thanks for this post buddy, i loved reading all the points mentioned by you.

Thread Starter #685
Updates,
Ah not much.
Odo is at 45000km. mm..6 year old,I think so.
Hmm,Power Bumped upto 115Bhp and wheel size to conti205/60/R16" Momo Alloys [:D]
Let pics speak.

My goodness all the fiat love started through this forum. Fiat fans,haters,admirers,critics, enthusiast,what do you know!

Pros and Cons.

Pros.
1.It is still well behaved and Matured.
2.No squeaks and rattles
3. Mmmm.

Cons.
1. Some rust formations along the edges isolated areas randomly (probably my fault)
2.Mmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom