Fiat Caffè Now Open at Janpath, New Delhi. (Coverage: Pg.4)

Thread Starter #1
EDIT: Full Coverage + Pictures of Fiat Caffè: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...h-new-delhi-coverage-pg-4-a-4.html#post125100

Economictimes reports -

As its partnership with Tata Motors failed to yield desired results, Fiat is charting out a new strategy to turn around its fortunes. The Italian car major plans to open exclusive companyowned brand stores in major cities, apart from hiring a consultant to suggest revival path. The brand stores would be an indirect way of starting its own retail format without involving Tata Motors, though the company has denied this. The stores will help in generating inquiries (and hence sales), with the aim of marketing Fiat cars.

Fiat has been a laggard in the Indian market, despite having competitive products like Punto and Linea and failed to ride the boom in car sales. Alarmed, it is now taking steps to highlight the brand more aggressively, “something that will be done through the exclusive brand stores,” Rajeev Kapoor, MD of Fiat’s India operations, told TOI.

The company, which has seen sales fall 8% in the first six months of this fiscal at a time when the overall car market boomed 34%, will open the brand stores, or “image points”, at Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai and Bangalore.
“These stores will display the “real” Fiat brand, and would be a place for meetings, a place for small gatherings and events," Kapoor said. Fiat will also display its merchandise and accessories at these brand stores, which will also serve authentic Italian coffee.

“We want the customers to experience what the Fiat brand stands for as we feel that the focus at the dealerships is more on selling cars than on brand promotion.” Fiat, known globally for style and flair, is trying to recreate the model that it has developed in several countries to highlight its brand. Globally, the company has several image points to showcase brands like Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo and Maserati.

Kapoor, however, emphasised that the stores will not mean setting up of an independent retail network by Fiat. “This will remain confined to the joint Tata-Fiat dealerships. But yes, the stores will help in generating sales inquiries and pass them on to the dealerships.”

Fiat has also hired global consultancy firm Accenture to suggest ways to improve its position in India. “It will have a comprehensive look at our retail network in India and point out weaknesses and ways to address them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes this will be better IMO. They should have all models and variants on display. In a big dealer like Concorde i saw only one Punto for display , no Linea!! All the space were dominated by TATA vehicles itself.

350Z

Core Team
Now, we can say that Fiat is following the latest trend. Auto manufacturers nowadays are getting involved in side-business of Merchandise and Accessories which would eventually translate into better response to their primary products, i.e. Cars. However, I do not think that we should relate this news with break-up between both manufacturers, But Yes, what’s sure is that Fiat is secretly planning to mark their own territory in India without creating much noise.

Yes this will be better IMO. They should have all models and variants on display. In a big dealer like Concorde i saw only one Punto for display , no Linea!! All the space were dominated by TATA vehicles itself.
Hopefully, they will have only a couple of models on display at max. Since this is not going to act like a dealership but a get-together place which will also retail merchandise and require being booked in advance. Something like BMW Studio (Even Skoda), Have you been to that? They have only a 7-Series on display and rest is entire the lounge.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good news for merchandise fans like me. The awesome Fiat merchandise ly neglected and disgustingly dusty in Tata showroom. Except for Tata Nano scale models, tata doesn't know about the concept of "Merchandise" and "Customer Comfort". Everytime I go to a Tata (Tata-Fiat) showroomm, I return sweaty, and don't really feel like I'm back from a place where I might one day buy a million-rupee car from. This is a very good move on Fiat's part, and they hopefully, will finally get the reputation they deserve. I can't wait to have some Italian coffee and take home some scale models. :biggrin:

Oh okay 350Z. No i have never been to the places you mentioned! I don know whether they are available in Chennai or not too![lol]

Sorry Dhaya. They aren't in Chennai. If they were, I'd have visited them (with you). I plan to see these places when I visit Delhi/Mumbai in December.

very good news. fiat is going right way and opening something individually will give more exposure to their brand in india..and finally they can break tie up and use these studios as showrooms also. but for now..i dont think that until you have booked that place for meeting or parties. you can visit that.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Fiat to Soon Establish Independent Studios.

This is going to be opened in Pune and Delhi very soon.
That’s good news RSM. Thanks for the update. By when can we expect one in Delhi? I would love to pay a visit.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10

The Delhi and Pune stores (Cafe) are almost ready, probably next month launch.

In Delhi, the store is in CP, so keep an eye if you go there.

350Z

Core Team

The Delhi and Pune stores (Cafe) are almost ready, probably next month launch.

In Delhi, the store is in CP, so keep an eye if you go there.
Sure thing! If I remember correctly, even BMW Studio is located in same place.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Fiat, Mercedes, BMW & Ford open cafes, lounges to boost brands and warm up to future

If you love food, wine and fast cars, this is where you want to go: carmakers Fiat, Ford, BMW and Mercedes are busy opening cafes and lounges in the country to boost their brands and warm up to future customers.

Italian carmaker Fiat, desperate to check sagging sales in India, will open its signature cafes in New Delhi and Pune next month.

The cafes, to be run in tie-up with Lavazza, will have Fiat cars displayed in a lounge environment replete with pasta and other Italian food and aromas of espresso wafting in. And there will be a cultural space for film screenings, theatre and artwork. "The idea is to bring out the Italian-ness of Fiat while introducing the style and technology to consumers," says Fiat India vice president, Commercial Vehicles, Ravi Bhatia.

Fiat is not the only carmaker in the food street. Last week, luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz India opened a star lounge at the Delhi International Airport where it has a model of sports car SLS AMG on display and an exclusive cafe for its existing customers.
That is why the move may be important for Fiat, which has been struggling in the market. Last year, when India's total car sales increased 30% to 1.98 million vehicles, Fiat's sales dipped nearly 15% to just 21,066 cars.

Market experts say one of Fiat's problems in India is its image.

"Before Fiat entered into a joint venture with Tata Motors, the perception was that the after sales service of Fiat is not good.

The JV has addressed this and increased dealerships, yet consumers at times carry the old perception," an analyst at a brokerage firm said.

Fiat now expects the cafes to prop up brand engagement here. "The attempt to increase sales is definitely one of the reasons for opening cafes in India," says Fiat India's Bhatia. "It (cafe) will be the face of Fiat in India."

Source - Fiat, Mercedes, BMW & Ford open cafes, lounges to boost brands and warm up to future customers - The Economic Times

Brand stores alone won't help. Fiat need own service centers too.

Thread Starter #15

Is the studio open ? Sorry for my ignorance but not heard any news about it. Where exactly in CP it is !
Not yet opened, should be opened in next month or so.
Its just off Barkhamba road, near mcdonalds....

Top Bottom