Fiat and Tata Motors Bad Service

Thread Starter #1
I would like to give you a case of my car which was bought two months back and now I am having a worst time with it. Beware before you buy a fiat car.

I am extremely frustrated at the way with which the issue with my car is being treated. I have registered a complaint to Fiat regd. this my complaint id is :
1-10351036231 but there has been no reply to this as well

I bought a Fiat Linea diesel from Bharati Automobile Jogeshwari Mumbai but within 2 months there was oise oming out of the engine. Seeing the problem we complaint for car breakdown and the car was towed to Balaji Workshop Thane.
Here the car was looked by Engineers and they informed me that it seems the problem is with the engine and as the car is under warranty it should be replaced. Also they found that when the car was sold to us a part was not installed by the dealer the part is a protective engine guard plate. Now this is an added misery that how can people forget adding a part in the car (Bharati informed that they had indeed forgotten it)

The it was examined by Fiat Engineers on 7th Sept 2010 but this engineer went back without informing anything to Balaji. Now the people from Balaji are trying desperately to contact this engineer but there are no replies.
I called the Fiat india office in Pune and they replied that I will get a call back on 8th Sep, but I did not.

1. I am not sure where the communication problem and why is the Fiat India engineer is not replying back. Balaji engineer says that he is constantly trying to mail Fiat but there is no reply

2. I bought Fiat considering the brand and the reputation it has but i do not see it leaving up to its reputation. I don't know if your service varies as per geography.

This is really surprising. so far I have heard about FIAT being prompt at customer complaints. Hope that engineer is still working with FIAT! And are you sure that Balaji is contacting FIAT properly and is not trying to over their mistakes by taking the FIAT engineer to their side? I have some doubts here. FIAT will not reply to you if they have not got any response from their engineer, which is clear. Some thing is fishy here!

Really bad experience.

Check here (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/13026-post29.html) the list of Fiat seniors and send email ASAP detailing your problem.

I am not sure about this, but "protective engine guard plate" should have come with car, why dealer has to put it separately?

Since engineer is checked your on 7-sept, Please wait for sometime. I am pretty sure you would get response. But please do send the email to the persons mentioned there.

Nit211, I think you should have patience in this case. Wait for sometime and even ask dealer to produce evidence regarding them approaching Fiat from their end. Keep dealer in confidence rather creating differences with them. Because they are the ones who are phyically present and Fiat people are available on mail / phone. Plan your plan of action and act accordingly.

RSM righty said guard plate should have been a company fitment rather then dealer fitment.

I am sure things will improve but one thing is for sure. Incidents like this would make dent on public mind to buy a Fiat product.

AMG

Suspended
I feel sorry for you, buddy.

Hmmm
Now I have some solid proof that it is not only Skoda whose Af.S.S. is bad.

@ Arkin, Mukeshus,Cooldhaya,Rajeev,Blackbeauty,Sriharsha,RSM

Will you stop buying Fiat cars just because of this?

@nit211: These petty calm issues can be solved, How about a wee introduction of yourself.:biggrin:
-----------Next Post-----------
I feel sorry for you, buddy.

Hmmm

So pointing towards me AMG , It was a real fact what i had said.
It was a breakdown , But in case of Nit211 it's a manufacturing fault at the quality department and not a breakdown on a highway.

Last edited:

Excuse me. I have known about Fiat AfSS for a long time know. You don't need to ask me vague stuff. I am not going in for the Fiat Linea for fear of poor resale.

If this kind of proof you would like to search, you will not be able to buy any car in India. This car looks to be lemon and you can get lemon car anywhere. This is why PDI is so important to do.

And for buying, yes with my experience, my next car could be from Fiat.

Excuse me. I have known about Fiat AfSS for a long time know. You don't need to ask me vague stuff. I am not going in for the Fiat Linea for fear of poor resale.
Which Fiat cars you owned? I didn't know.
Yes if Resale is main criteria, Fiat should not be on your list.

@ Nit Very sorry to hear your case buddy! I have never heard a case like this before infact! I would advice you to wait for a week and then take some action. BTW what kind of noise is coming from the engine without that guard? Is it very serious that you cant even drive the car?

@ AMG Sorry for OT! This is only a rare case and its the fault with the dealer! I can show you atleast 50 reports like this on Skoda's A.S.S. But rather now after some googling i found that Skoda's A.S.S is not bad after all in many cities. I read many users complaining about clutch issues in a Skoda , and found that the Skoda clutches are very delicate and so if we drive the car rashly they can go kaput in 10 k kms also. Then read about turbo failures in some Laura's but again i feel if they had followed the idling period before switching off the engine they would not face this. then about the stalling of the car suddenly i found out that all Skoda cars will stall if water or some dirt enters into the fuel filter. So all in all am gaining some confidence in Skoda now but not fully![evil]

Which Fiat cars you owned? I didn't know.
Yes if Resale is main criteria, Fiat should not be on your list.
Fiat 1100. :biggrin:
Resale isn't my main criteria, but I don't think my dad would want to lose much Vit-M at the time of resale, esp. because the car will bought half on finance.

Yes, i would think twice before buying a Fiat car (now serviced by TATA, who by the way cant service their own cars properly, leave alone Fiat's). i love their cars but not their attitude.

Tata Service Centres(Cars) and TVS Service(Bikes).Nothing Much to Rave about.I Want to give a <8/10 Feedback(Tata,Pune calls Customers) to TATA SERVICE CENTRE where I give Cars.But, I'm Worried How they'll Treat My Car Later On.

Top Bottom