Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Nah! Still too expensive.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #17

AMG

Suspended
OK
Imagine that your parents have given you 8 lakhs to spend on a new car.
Either you can go for a boring i20 which you may even see being driven by a couple of oldies.
Or you may buy an 500 which will help you maintain your uniqueness and add some excitement and WOW factor.

There are still people who value this "UNIQUENESS" and want it without spending too much.
The 500 makes perfect sense for them.
And believe me, there are plenty of such people.
So the 500 may sell in decent numbers. [clap]

Fiat 500 for the win.
500 looks so cute and uber cool
And the mileage?? I guess its more in 500 than i20. [glasses]

Last edited:
Rs 8 lakh? That's it? That's like sooooo cheap compared to the old price. (I'm not being sarcastic) Game On.. Game On.. For sure.

Why? If some guy who has a 320d and an Endeavour, and needs a lifestyle vehicle, something unique that everyone will envy and stare at, something not run - of - the mill and his budget is <Rs10 lakh, what options does he have? A Verna? A Getaway that he doesn't need and doesn't appeal to him?

I say this price is just great.

Some people seem to be treating the 500 here as a run of the mill hatch, but it is more of a lifestyle vehicle.
OK
Imagine that your parents have given you 8 lakhs to spend on a new car.
Either you can go for a boring i20 which you may even see being driven by a couple of oldies.
Or you may buy an 500 which will help you maintain your uniqueness and add some excitement and WOW factor.

There are still people who value this "UNIQUENESS" and want it without spending too much.
The 500 makes perfect sense for them.
And believe me, there are plenty of such people.
So the 500 may sell in decent numbers. [clap]
Fiat 500 for the win.
500 looks so cute and uber cool
And the mileage?? I guess its more in 500 than i20. [glasses]
That's exactly what was trying to explain![clap]

A Fiat 500 for 8Lakhs is surely Game ON! But not a practical car for Indian people. But still people who are rich enough and prefer that "UNIQUENESS" this is great news for them!

I hope they will have an Auto variant. My mom will get one for sure! Even their semi auto transmission will do! Fiat are you listening!

Thread Starter #22

AMG

Suspended
If my mon gives me 8 lakh to buy a car, I would buy a 500 and not an i20/swift.
I believe there are plenty of such people and we are looking at a monthly sales of around 400-500.
Not bad.
I see a huge market for this.

yes game on!! Fiat 500 anything under 10 Lakhs will be great deal but it will still remain niche segment car and don't compare 500 with i20 or anything because one is 2+1 door coupe hatch and another is 4+1 door family hatch.

Thread Starter #24

AMG

Suspended
A college going girl/boy hardly cares if it has 3 doors or 5.
If you have a Merc C class/Honda accord parked at home for long distances and this is supposed to be your college ride, You would definitely like some exclusivity.

Review: Fiat 500 and India, How well does it match?

FIAT announced its plans earlier this year to release the iconic “FIAT 500″ along with Bravo, Punto and Linea. But how well will this car perform in the Indian Market ? The small car is not that small on price. But yesteryear stats can be wrong, infact looking at stats of the newly launched model like Skoda Fabia, there is a good market for high-end small hatches. And above all Fiat seems to have a good hope with the new new line of economy & high-end cars and better service backed up by the TATA.

But The 500 when launched might already have competetion in the market with international players like Volkswagen and Mini Cooper.

Erasing its name as one of the “cheap” car (..padmini..) maker, FIAT is all set to roll this baby with a 11-13 lakh Price tag. The car, all in all is a compact, superb and ***y package to own. Its incredibly cute and real fun to drive. Though indians might not like its practicality with 2 doors, but if you can spend that much, who cares anyway ? The coolest looking part of this cutie is the retro dashboard and odo/temp screen, which in fact can also show you your text messages !

Thread Starter #28

AMG

Suspended
So far 500 has only sold about 150 units.

Beetle got 1000 bookings just at its launch.

Top Bottom