Fiat’s Blue & Me not functioning?

Thread Starter #1
hey guys yesterday when i was driving my car after 3 weeks, i plugged my phone in the usb port and was listening songs but was unable to change the song, i tried many time by removing and reinserting it in the usb but no good . then i pressed the call button on the steering but no response i was amazed [frustration] i pressed it again but still nothing then i pressed the voice button which is that Microsoft window button which starts the voice recognition but it wont start . every other button on the steering is working except those two . i tried to troubleshoot but there i couldn't find anything and i am really frustrated. pls can anyone tell me whats wrong[confused]

hey guys yesterday when i was driving my car after 3 weeks, i plugged my phone in the usb port and was listening songs but was unable to change the song, i tried many time by removing and reinserting it in the usb but no good . then i pressed the call button on the steering but no response i was amazed [frustration] i pressed it again but still nothing then i pressed the voice button which is that Microsoft window button which starts the voice recognition but it wont start . every other button on the steering is working except those two . i tried to troubleshoot but there i couldn't find anything and i am really frustrated. pls can anyone tell me whats wrong[confused]
I will check it today on my car. But i think issue could be connecting phone to USB and then trying it as phone. When you connect phone to USB it rather work as Media Player and not as Blue-tooth Connected Phone. Try this. Restart your mobile and also remove key from car for 20-30 sec. Now try blue tooth call. Do Not connect phone to USB.

In time being I will check it and let you know if similar behavior is their. Hope this will help you. [:)]

I have personally tried this.

You can use your phone either as a media player or a BT Phone device.

So if you want calls, then just switch on your BT in phone. Then pair your HU in car & make calls.

I beleive Blue & Me supports A2DP & it can act as BT media player.

Thread Starter #4
no no you are misunderstanding actually these are seprate things first i was unable to change tracks and after removing mobile from usb and then trying to connect it with bluetooth actually both of the keys on steering of call and menu are not respnding

oh!! Okay.

Do you have any other BT enabled Phones ?

Because few phones may not be compatible, are you using this phone for the first time in your GP ?

Thread Starter #6
yes my phone used to work with the blue and me . i used it everyday.
my brothers seems to have located the problem he says if we remove the battery or disconnect it , the blue and me has to be switched on . but we dont know how to??
he read this on a yellow card which is given with the owners manual about blue and me

Top Bottom