Feel Like God: Bajaj Avenger Ownership Review

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #33
Thread Starter #34
What's up with the push button start?

It was the second time when my Avenger would not start even after trying the auto start button many times.
Earlier I had to charge the battery from local battery guys, but somehow this time it came to life after I kept the bike in sun shade for couple of hours.

This is really not done Bajaj! I thought your modern engines do not suffer from such drawbacks and now that most of your high CC bikes do not come with a kick start, I am afraid if such is the case with all those models too. You made me a laughing object!

Anybody else faced this issue?

Re: What's up with the push button start?

It was the second time when my Avenger would not start even after trying the auto start button many times.
Earlier I had to charge the battery from local battery guys, but somehow this time it came to life after I kept the bike in sun shade for couple of hours.

This is really not done Bajaj! I thought your modern engines do not suffer from such drawbacks and now that most of your high CC bikes do not come with a kick start, I am afraid if such is the case with all those models too. You made me a laughing object!

Anybody else faced this issue?
This is weird ,How does the battery dies?

Would you doubt the alternator or some loose connections?

Btw I am pretty eager to know a neck to neck comparison of Avenger and Enfield .
You made me wait long enough .Let me hope you haven't forgotten it.[:)]

Thread Starter #36

This is weird ,How does the battery dies?
Would you doubt the alternator or some loose connections?
Btw I am pretty eager to know a neck to neck comparison of Avenger and Enfield .
You made me wait long enough .Let me hope you haven't forgotten it.[:)]
Forget battery, who said I have a Enfield? I think you mistook me for someone else!
All this this time I was thinking that you wanted a Avenger vs. Polo comparo!!

Coming to battery etc.- I just got everything checked through a well known mechanic and nothing seems to be out of place. Its only that the bike needs to be given some daily runs to keep the battery intact. Its surprising for me coz it never happened with my car or the hero splendor bike even though I have kept them untouched for longer durations.

Forget battery, who said I have a Enfield? I think you mistook me for someone else!
All this this time I was thinking that you wanted a Avenger vs. Polo comparo!!

Coming to battery etc.- I just got everything checked through a well known mechanic and nothing seems to be out of place. Its only that the bike needs to be given some daily runs to keep the battery intact. Its surprising for me coz it never happened with my car or the hero splendor bike even though I have kept them untouched for longer durations.
Darn!!!

I thought you have ridden Enfield, borrowed from friends or relative.
if not you then who else ..Goodness pardon me!!my mind going Banana...

Battery if genuine should keep the charge for a week before going dead.
Skeptic
1.Some mild short circuit or leaking component (hope the mechanic who checked is a sound guy)

2.Battery replaced with used or dying one in service centre (check the seriel number if you could find with the warranty paper)

3.Sure some problem with charging,low current or low voltage from rectifier or loose contacts

Thats a very cool bike buddy. Love those cruiser looks man. Congracts buddy!(I am late though)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #39

Darn!!!
I thought you have ridden Enfield, borrowed from friends or relative.
if not you then who else ..Goodness pardon me!!my mind going Banana...

2.Battery replaced with used or dying one in service centre (check the seriel number if you could find with the warranty paper)

3.Sure some problem with charging,low current or low voltage from rectifier or loose contacts
Alright. Nevermind.

Regarding battery- 1 and 3 may be the possibilities because for 2, the battery died once before taking to service station.

The mechanic guy who checked my bike owns an avenger himself and he checked my bike like his baby. He found nothing as such. May be I should take it to him once again to let him know how serious is the issue. Thanks for helping..

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
the battery should not just die like that. just for future. when you start your bike the first time in a day , don't use electric start. use the manual lever.

and i don't know about avenger , but in my thunderbird's manual it was written to depress the clutch while starting with electric switch.

i never followed this but only after 3 years [sad] i don't know what got messed up but even my bike doesn't start with electric switch , it works only 2\ 10 times.

just keep this points in mind and see if it gets better or not.

Hello Guys,

I'm new guy to this forum. Have read a lot about the Bajaj avenger over here and there on forums and recently got a chances to change my old ride. I have already booked the avvy. This machine is something i have set my eyes upon since long. Finally the dream will be coming true on this tuesday. I would like various DO's and Dont's from the senior members and Avvy users regarding Cruisers. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom