Favourite Roads to Drive On

Thread Starter #1
Did a quick search to find that there is no thread on this yet.
Was surprised!!

So, what is your favourite road to drive on?
I am sure there are lots and lots of options, but I suspect some will come up more than others.

I will start with my all time favourite road ... The Mumbai Pune E-Way.

It has it all ... a lovely ghat section, nice long straights, tunnels, and for those of you who don't feel at home on Indian roads without it, traffic jams once in a while!!

97 km of lovely asphalt (or I should say concrete!!) You can cool your tyres at the three tolls, really have a blast!!

even i love the mumbai pune express highway.

actually, i feel that is the only proper "road" in india with proper fencing on both sides & a little bit better road manners are followed on this road.

Thread Starter #3
even i love the mumbai pune express highway.

actually, i feel that is the only proper "road" in india with proper fencing on both sides & a little bit better road manners are followed on this road.
I wonder if there are any others?
Short roads ... The Noida Link, and the Del-Gurgaon road ... but the road manners are not so good!!

Thread Starter #5
Need to do that some time then!!
Have heard good reviews of the ECR too.
There is this amazing road that leads up to Matheran, off the Mumbai-Pune E-Way.
At the base you actually have experienced drivers offering their services, coz average drivers can't handle the climbing hairpins.
That is a road not to be missed!!

Mum-Pune express highway is just amazing. They are the best roads i have ever driven on.

Thread Starter #8
I heard, Delhi-Jaipur highway is excellent.
Have done it, quite some many times.
Lovely road, most of the time. But you have sometimes these scary incidents of some birdbrain on a Tractor coming the other way!!
Delhi Chandigarh is also pretty decent, though I am yet to make a trip over that which did not see at least one accident en route.

350Z

Core Team
Yes, Delhi-Jaipur Highway is a good road to drive. Even the road which connects Delhi - Haridwar is nice but dangerous because of huge trucks running 24x7 on that not-so-wide road with traffic on both the sides (without a divider), Recently our neighbors met with an accident on same place and their Indica was completely crushed from front.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Yes, Delhi-Jaipur Highway is a good road to drive. Even the road which connects Delhi - Haridwar is nice but dangerous because of huge trucks running 24x7 on that not-so-wide road with traffic on both the sides (without a divider), Recently our neighbors met with an accident on same place and their Indica was completely crushed from front.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I have learnt after a few close shaves to avoid UP roads during the sugarcane season!!

i love NH4 from tumkur to davanagere and from haveri till its end in pune. the road from davanagere to haveri is just next to a nightmare. but today i saw some work going on in that stretch.

Good Thread Aditya.

I would like to mention about three roadways among all the roadways I traveled,which are good for different views of mine.

1. Mumbai-Pune Expressway: Lovely way to drive,smooth on high speeds with boards "Dont drive below 80km/h"(I forgot the exact wordings but its mentioned there that minimum 80km/h should be maintained) and "bikes not allowed".The tunnels are totally dark if lights are not on(never occurs as such).As far as I remember telephone calling booths are there at regular intervals by private telephone services.As far as I remember it is 6-lane expressway, 3-lanes on each direction.Having divider in between them(opposite direction lanes) and fence is present beside the road.

2. Kolkata-Durgapur Expressway: This is another lovely expressway I love to drive(obviously in daytime,as night is full of 6 and 6+ wheelers).There are fences beside the roads and divider between the opposite directioned lanes.Its a 4-lane expressway(2 lanes on each direction), but both the lanes on each direction are very wide.

3.Guwahati-Shillong road: This is an excellent road if you take sceneries and serenity of the environment there.There are many long bridges over the the mountain ridges.I really love to stop my vehicle at the end of the bridge and walk on it to feel the depth of the ridge and the see the flow of water through the river below.The road also passes through some valleys with small water bodies beside the road,looks really beautiful.Just before you enter Guwahati city the road passes just beside a place where nearly 500 buffaloes and cows are kept for everyday milk supplies.The place is very stinky, but its amazing to see such a big number of them at one place.[:)]

ya well mine is the old pune mumbai highway!!! since i have a maruti 800 thats why!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #14
Good Thread Aditya.

I would like to mention about three roadways among all the roadways I traveled,which are good for different views of mine.

1. Mumbai-Pune Expressway: Lovely way to drive,smooth on high speeds with boards "Dont drive below 80km/h"(I forgot the exact wordings but its mentioned there that minimum 80km/h should be maintained) and "bikes not allowed".The tunnels are totally dark if lights are not on(never occurs as such).As far as I remember telephone calling booths are there at regular intervals by private telephone services.As far as I remember it is 6-lane expressway, 3-lanes on each direction.Having divider in between them(opposite direction lanes) and fence is present beside the road.

Just one correction ... the max speed limit on that road is 80, not the min ... and it is a joke for such a lovely road!!

2. Kolkata-Durgapur Expressway: This is another lovely expressway I love to drive(obviously in daytime,as night is full of 6 and 6+ wheelers).There are fences beside the roads and divider between the opposite directioned lanes.Its a 4-lane expressway(2 lanes on each direction), but both the lanes on each direction are very wide.

Not done it ... hope to do it some time!!

3.Guwahati-Shillong road: This is an excellent road if you take sceneries and serenity of the environment there.There are many long bridges over the the mountain ridges.I really love to stop my vehicle at the end of the bridge and walk on it to feel the depth of the ridge and the see the flow of water through the river below.The road also passes through some valleys with small water bodies beside the road,looks really beautiful.Just before you enter Guwahati city the road passes just beside a place where nearly 500 buffaloes and cows are kept for everyday milk supplies.The place is very stinky, but its amazing to see such a big number of them at one place.[:)]

The view is just amazing ... missed out on the livestock though. Did I miss much? [;)]
Reply embedded!!

Top Bottom