Favourite Roads to Drive On

My all time favorite route is Chennai-Bangalore NHAI Hwy. It's one of the best roads that I have ever travelled. Apart from this Bangalore-Salem NHAI Hwy is another one which you can enjoy driving. If you think there is one excellent road within city limits for commute then NICE Road in Banglore.

Why don't we start sharing that photos of express ways that we have travelled. Let me start uploading the photos that I have shortly.

Following are the roads which i loved driving in my recent trip :

1) Kolkata to Kharagpur (NH 6) :
Excellent roads without a pothole

2) Kharagpur to Makrampur (NH 60) :
Fully concrete, you would love the groan once you are doing 100+

3) Choudwar to Sambalpur (NH 42):
2 laned, but in excellent condition. The scenic beauty is excellent among the dense forests and hills.

4) Bhillai to Nagpur (NH 6):

Actually the expressway is till Bhandara. Awesome roads. One can easily do 100 -120 constantly.

5) Nagpur to Amravati (NH 6) :

Excellent roads. Work in progress after Talegaon.

6) Dhule - Mumbai (NH 3): Except the Nashik stretch, wonderful roads. Excellent scenic beauty while you are crossing the ghats.

7) NH 8 - NH 76 - NH 79 : All are in good condition.

8) NE 1 (Vadodara - Ahmedabad Expressway) : Wonderful expressway.

9) NH 8 (Kishangarh - Jaipur Expressway) : Awesome 6 laned expressway. But heavy truck traffic.

10) Newly built NH 11 i.e. Jaipur - Agra : Very good roads and very less traffic.

11) NH 2 : Good is patches. Durgapur expressway is very good.

My TL is in progress. You all can enjoy here : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ountry-my-manza-5000-kms-7-days-9-states.html

[cheers]

My favorite route is NH-4 (Pune to Kolhapur). Travel a lot on this. Especially the 120-130 KM between Satara to Kolhapur is very nice to drive on.

offcourse, the Road to Lavasa city is every drivers delight. I like the hairpin bends on this route.

^^ I recently traveled on Chittoor - Bangalore route (NH - 4). Road is not 4 lanes till Mulbagal right?

yes you are right, upto Mulbagal single road only(two lanes) with some pathes. After Mulbagal there will be a fantastic, traffic less newly constructed four lane..

^^ Bangalore to Chennai is not 4 lanes road [surprise]. From Tirupati i choose this road only for 4 lanes but really surprised after seeing 2 lanes road till Mulbagal.

Chennai -Bangalore through Hosur is 4 lane all through and is now being upgraded to 6 lanes.

Bangalore to Kanyakumari is also a 4 lane road and after Salem, you will really enjoy the drive.

ECR road from Chennai to Pondy is very scenic, but dangerous as people tend to speed.

Banasura dam to waynad
jog to honnavar (when roads r good:))
Few streches in GOA and of course the ECR road!
Nandi hills too...

Last edited:
The stretch from Rewdanda to Kashid beach in Konkan Maharashtra.
It might not be the smoothest road, but the views are surely the best...[:)]

Once in life, you should atleast drive on the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad !! It is the best of things that can happen to Hyderabad. Butter smooth turf, built on the concept of the highways in US, exits for almost every small place.
Though it is not yet complete, a bit of strech is still left, but still has come into the category of best roads for me.

For a highway, I would say Hyderabad-Bangalore highway(NH44, formerly NH7) and the Mumbai Pune Expressway are a driver's delight !!

Hi Guys,

Best road from my point of view would be NH4, ECR from Bangalore to Chennai are the best, NICE road is equally good but a invitation to hell :( In future I would love to visit & drive in the road which is posted here, its simply amazing road !! Take a look friends :) This road is the Greatest Motorable Road in world which is in Italy.

[thumbsup]
Drive Safe.
Santosh.V

Attachments

Hi Guys,

Best road from my point of view would be NH4, ECR from Bangalore to Chennai are the best, NICE road is equally good but a invitation to hell :( In future I would love to visit & drive in the road which is posted here, its simply amazing road !! Take a look friends :) This road is the Greatest Motorable Road in world which is in Italy.

[thumbsup]
Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
That road in the picture is a rallyist's dream. Lots of sideways action to be had[clap].

The best i loved to drive in Southern India is our favorite NICE expressway, man like to redline my ride in that stretch.

Hosur-Salem- Love to play around the whole route.

Coimbatore surroundings: These roads are less crowded and the trees in the roads feels like driving a convertible there.

Top Bottom