FASTag: What, How & Why

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I can now see an update entry in my fastag account (ICICI):

+
06/12/2019 Tag Serial No. : 190628285 has been Assigned, Licence Plate No.: KL13AN...
06/12/2019 15:38:04 Charged Integrated Goods and Services Tax(18.00%) Rs. 7.56 for Tag Serial No. : 190628285, Licence Plate No. : KL13AN.. towards tag issuance fee Rs. 42.00
06/12/2019 15:38:04 Rs. 42.00 discount(Promo Code: ICICIBANKFACEBOOK50) applied on Tag Fee for Tag Serial No.: 190628285, Licence Plate No.: KL13AN.. and charged tag fee Rs. 42.00 towards tag issuance fee of Rs. 84.00
06/12/2019 15:38:04 Transferred Tag Deposit from Prepaid Toll Balance to Deposit for Amount: Rs. 200.00, Tag Serial No. : 190628285, Licence Plate No. : KL13AN..
+
Now the account shows as:
Current Balance ; Rs. 200.00
Tag Deposit : Rs. 200.00

Does this mean that I can use the Rs.200 shown as current balance for forthcoming toll charges or I need to recharge for that payment?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Highways ministry urges RBI to exempt FASTags from KYC norm

NEW DELHI: The road transport and highways ministry has approached the Reserve Bank of India to exempt those acquiring FASTags from the ‘know your customer’ (KYC) norm. The ministry’s move is aimed at making immediate issuance of smart tags possible even near toll gates.

Currently, vehicle owners need to give details of the vehicle, including its registration proof, and also relevant documents for individual identity and address to acquire FASTags. This process takes about 5-10 minutes. As per the current norm, once a FASTag is issued, the KYC has to be done within a year. The KYC is done by banking correspondents and going by the market standard, banks spend at least Rs 300 on each case.

Read:

350Z

Core Team
Got a FasTag on the spot through an SBI agent for Rs.400. I’m glad I didn’t order it online. I know quite a few people who’re waiting for long to receive one from PayTM.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nairrk

Honoured Member
You are lucky to get a tag on the spot[cheers]

Today is the 26th day since I applied one with ICICI and still to receive the tag. On 6th December, I was told that my Tag is ready and being couriered on the same day. The next day I have asked them to confirm the despatch with courier details, but no response except that yesterday they sent me an email advising that ''We are looking to your concern and we will update you the status on or before December 12, 2019. ''[frustration]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Luckily, I got the customer care executive today afternoon on the phone. I was happy that I got connected in 2nd try, but I was put on hold for almost 10 minutes before the executive came on line. After hearing my complaint immediately he gave my tag number, activation date, balance amount, etc. (which I already have it). but when I asked the whereabouts of the tag he don't have a quick answer, but told me that the tag will definitely reach me within this week.

Nothing much to shout at him hence kept the phone down after giving a warning that if I don't receive the tag before this Saturday, I will cancel the account. Hope, It will reach to me in a couple of days.! [roll]

I just received Bank neutral tag when I try to activate following error revived.
fastag not registered npci code 717

can anyone knows what is it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Here is the news
+

Govt relaxes FASTag deadline by a month due to shortage of tags

Motorists using the national highways got a 30-day extension to equip themselves with FASTags as the government Saturday decided to not enforce the new rule mandatory FASTags for another month owing to a shortage of the tags availability in the market. The new system was to start on December 15.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Today is the 31st day since I applied for this Fastag from ICICI. Since then I have sent 3 email complaints, 3 web complaint and a phone complaint with the Customer Care.

What's happened so far :

14th Nov - Application submitted/payment made
14th Nov - Account opened/activated by ICICI but no Tag was assigned
6th Dec - The tag was assigned and Tag number was also provided, (SMS received from ICICI with Tag details)
6th Dec - Someone from ICICI called me to advise that the Tag is ready and it will be despatched immediately
14th Dec - Received email from ICICI advising that Tag despatched on 13th December, via Speed post and also provided the consignment number

Tracked the consignment with Postal department portal and it shows as item despatched on 13th December from Edapally (Kochi) post office. It reached main post office in my district on 14th December and it will come to my area sub post office tomorrow and most likely I will get it by tomorrow noon.

I wonder, why they took 7 days to despatch the Tag even though the Tag was ready for shipment on the 6th December as per the SMS/Telephone call from ICICI. Seems their despatch department sat on the parcel for 7 days[anger]

I also got Fastag for our Innova in April 2019 through Paytm at our regular toll plaza.No issues happened with it till now except for low balance for which we had to get the recharge done.

And,getting the Fastag for our Honda City too from Paytm itself.Already got one but the tag wasn't working hence I ordered another one.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Some confusion about recharge:

ICICI App recharge page shows as:

Recharge your Wallet >

Recharge your Tags >

Transfer balance >

Which one should I recharge -Wallet or Tags (I think money deposited in the Wallet will go into the Tag account automatically when the amount in the Tag account get reduced?) ?
Why we have to maintain two different accounts (Wallet and Tags)?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I found the answer myself.

Recharging the Wallet is mainly good for tour operators or those who have more than one vehicle/tag as such, they can move the required amounts from the wallet to individual tags using the balance transfer feature. For user like most of us (those using only one tag), this isn't very useful, so it is always better to recharge the tag.

I did recharge Rs.100 (just to test) to the Tag account and the total Tag balance shows now as Rs.300 which can be used for toll payments.[:)]

Top Bottom