FASTag: What, How & Why

deville_56

Honoured Member
I have a query regarding fastag. The car had Airtel fastag when we bought but it was not working ( I tried to recharge it but it was not found) so I ordered a new fastag of same (Airtel) on 13th. Till now I have not received it and after talking to customer support they asked me to wait for 14 business days and then contact them again.

But last Monday I visited Hyderabad and on toll plaza I thought I will have to pay extra but fastag was scanned and gate opened. I was surprised. When I enter car num to recharge it is showing my name but I didn't get the message after passing through toll gate.

Is it possible that they have Activated the existing fastag?
Or it had money in it.
Or I will get new fastag and have to take off the existing one?
Possibly existing tag had balance or being debited from security deposit. Old owner was supposed to cancel the tag before transferring. Message will be going to his number only. If he has multiple cars and common wallet, then he would contact soon [lol]

The easier way was to get tag from vendors near the toll-gate with instant activation. Been using PayTM tag for most of our household cars. They are super quick in despatching, always got them in 2-3 days.

Destroy/scrape off old tag once new tag is received.

Are you an existing Airtel Customer of Airtel?

Try as below:

To check If they activated the existing one, or the new one or how much balance you have it on your account - download Airtel App (if you have not done so far)

Open the App - go to account > Bank Profile > Fastag > buy Fastag. The balance money available in your account will be there on that page and also you can recharge more money etc...!
I have Airtel number and have Airtel Thanks App installed in it. I will check there and let you know.

Till now I have not received the fastag. First Airtel customer service asked me to wait for 14 working days but till now it's been more than 3 weeks and they are asking to wait again for 14 days. I asked them to cancel it and refund but they are saying there's no option to cancel it and I will have to wait for another 14 days to get a resolution. I am paying 2x amount at toll plaza, don't know how to cancel it.

It doesn't make sense to me how can it take months to deliver the fastag while it is available near toll plaza and offline stores. Is there any way to cancel and get the refund???

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Through which source you have talked to customer service - via phone? If that is the case, you seems talking to different guys every time and each one given different answers/solutions?

Suggest give a written complaint stating all your discussion so far (hope you remember to whom you have spoken to in Airtel customer care). Complaints submitted by written gets more priority and seriousness and usually get quick solution.

You can try to email id: customercare@in.airtel.com (mark to 'Fastag department')

Alternatively, see if there is any source in the Airtel app to lodge a complaint?

Update:- Refund has been processed by Airtel Payments Bank and fastag was cancelled from their end.

It took so many follow ups , emails, calls and finally I posted it on their Twitter and Facebook pages.
They called me and assured quick resolution but I asked them to just cancel it and refund the amount to which they said it is not possible and I have to receive the fastag first and then they'll cancel it. They even gave me DTDC shipment number and asking me to track it but when I tried it showed no data found.

I was so pissed off by this and finally they cancelled from their end and issued refund in Airtel wallet.

350Z

Core Team
Anyone have their FasTag affixed on the extreme left of the windscreen (passenger-side)? Just wanted to check how this placement performs on Tolls. I’m not sticking it in the center as it’s affecting the dashcam view.

Drive Safe,
350Z

deville_56

Honoured Member
Anyone have their FasTag affixed on the extreme left of the windscreen (passenger-side)? Just wanted to check how this placement performs on Tolls. I’m not sticking it in the center as it’s affecting the dashcam view.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Works just fine. Dealer stuck the tag on the left-hand side beneath the number plate sticker on my cousin's Ignis.

350Z

Core Team
Works perfectly in all my cars
Works just fine. Dealer stuck the tag on the left-hand side beneath the number plate sticker on my cousin's Ignis.
Thank you for the confirmation. I’m now convinced and will proceed to sticking the FasTag on the left-hand side.

I have it fixed on the center of the car (just behind the IRVM) with Dashcam at the right side.!
Problem is that I’ve already installed the dashcam which I don’t intend to move. Placing it right below is fully hindering the dashcam view. Plus, I want the windscreen to keep looking tidy with already a few stickers on the LHS.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom