Failed Cars in India

ilango[speed thirst];13617 said:
A skoda octavia station wagon is seen in chennai roads , black one. Whats that name ! When did it come
Its name is SKODA OCTAVIA COMBI it is also a nice car from skoda house, but as I told before ,majority Indians dont like station wagon versions of any model.Either you take baleno altura,palio weekender,tata estate,octavia combi,etc..
-----------Next Post-----------
How about discussing on my fav. San Storm?:biggrin: - Click Here

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes Vibhor,San Storm is a good car and a first roadstar model in that price also as far as I know.I think the major drawback that plays in its low sales figure is the company brand name, we Indians basically rely on old and famous brands , so that played a vital role in its low sales and that backed by low After Sales Services through out India, limited to some specific cities only.
-----------Next Post-----------
what about hyundai tucson,sonata, and elantra.
Yes Vijay, we really forgot the first versions of sonata, elantra and tucson.Tucson was a good vehicle but the problem was with its limited space compared to its SUV image.I liked the sonata very much, specially the gold version.A very comfortable car for long drives.Both rows' occupants seat very comfortably.The boot was not upto the mark yet.Now-a-days you can get a 2nd hand Sonata Gold for 5lakhs max.
I didnt liked the Elantra for its styling.But that is not same with everybody's opinion.Still it got good competition from its segment holders from different stables.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
AHI said:
Yes Vibhor,San Storm is a good car and a first roadstar model in that price also as far as I know.I think the major drawback that plays in its low sales figure is the company brand name, we Indians basically rely on old and famous brands , so that played a vital role in its low sales and that backed by low After Sales Services through out India, limited to some specific cities only.
Yes, This is a factor and as well as the less publicity of this car. There are very few people who are aware that a cheap convertible like this exists in India. San Motors have started publishing their adverts. in Magazines like Autocar India etc but still they are not enough serious about it. I visited the official website of San around 6 Months Back, It was showing an "Under Maintainance" Page, Now I recently visited it and the same "Under Maintainance" Page is still showing. We can get a small idea from this how serious San is about Storm. :biggrin: Though the car is nice, I've no doubt on this.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I visited the official website of San around 6 Months Back, It was showing an "Under Maintainance" Page, Now I recently visited it and the same "Under Maintainance" Page is still showing. We can get a small idea from this how serious San is about Storm. :biggrin: Though the car is nice, I've no doubt on this.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Oh what an unproffesional approach! if they continue the same, the company may get phased out soon.Its a tough competition in the automobile sales market now, the margin of competition is very very small among the competitors,and in this condition such an unproffesional way of running a business is unacceptable.But ,on the contrary, I agree with you, the car is nice.Let us hope for the best and may it dont get phased out.

Last edited:
i had never heard about the vectra till date. i had'nt seen one either.
Dear Harsha, Check this link. People are selling out there old vectras in India.The car had 2-din HU,projector headlamps and luxurious interiors and it was imported as CBUs(Complete Built Units).The major drawback was its mileage, its only 4-5km/l normally and 6-8km/l max at very standard conditions of driving.

Last edited:
hey AHI, thats wrong. i have used my cousin's 3 yr old vectra & the mileage was bad, but not what you mentioned. i used to get around 7-8 kmpl in mumbai traffic & 11 kmpl on highways.

it boasted of features which were a first in the segment back then-
1) vehicle information display
2) auto HVAC
3) tyre pressure sensors
4) projector lights
5) rear AC vents
6) i think it has TCS too!
7) steering mounted controls
and many more...

hey AHI, thats wrong. i have used my cousin's 3 yr old vectra & the mileage was bad, but not what you mentioned. i used to get around 7-8 kmpl in mumbai traffic & 11 kmpl on highways.

it boasted of features which were a first in the segment back then-
1) vehicle information display
2) auto HVAC
3) tyre pressure sensors
4) projector lights
5) rear AC vents
6) i think it has TCS too!
7) steering mounted controls
and many more...
WoW! the figures are too good dude..Your cousin and you might have maintained yours vectra very well..I really appreciate that.Very few people do that and I really respect them.
I got this figures from my one of my esteemed client, he is 50-60yrs old and have exotic taste of cars, but dont maintain them well.I think that is the reason for these worst figures

The specifications and accessories of vectra were far advanced from its segment and time.I really love it and opel for that.

Top Bottom