Extended Warranty of Ford ikon 1.4 TDCi

Thread Starter #1
Dear Team, I have ford ikon 1.4 tdci duratorq, i bought the car in 2010 , the company gave the warranty of 2 yrs and 1 lac km, now today my cars warranty is finishing and i have drive it to 45000 km in last two year, now suggest me that whether i should take extended warranty for next 1 or two year. reply it on priority basis. because 13 02 2012 is last day to extend.

350Z

Core Team
Yes. Go ahead. Extended warranty is definitely worth it, at least for the sake of peace of mind.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Strongly recommended, considering that you are sure to face some issues as the car nears the 60000 km mark. Since the 1.4 TDCi is still in production, parts wont be an issue either and so your money (that you pay on the extended warranty) too won't go waste. Please discuss the terms and conditions of the extended warranty in detail with the dealer. It often happens that some parts like suspension/steering system are kept outside the purview of the extended warranty.

p.s. : How much money is the dealer asking you for the extended warranty?

Last edited:
Strongly recommended, considering that you are sure to face some issues as the car nears the 60000 km mark. Since the 1.4 TDCi is still in production, parts wont be an issue either and so your money (that you pay on the extended warranty) too won't go waste. Please discuss the terms and conditions of the extended warranty in detail with the dealer. It often happens that some parts like suspension/steering system are kept outside the purview of the extended warranty.

suspension are never covered in any company warranty as far as i know

@op go for extended warranty

350Z

Core Team
I think it should be somewhere around Rs.9,000 (24 Months / 1 Lakh Kms, Excl. RSA) for Ikon Diesel.

suspension are never covered in any company warranty as far as i know
OEM warranties does covers the suspension related issues.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom