Experience Dakshin vs Whitefield Honda

Thread Starter #1
The service experience at Whitefield Honda was practically far better than what I faced at Dakshin Honda. Dakshin Honda, calling executive will drive you crazy if you have not left your car for service, and the craziness continues even after that at the time of service delivery.

Sometime in Dec 2009-Jan 2010, had been for a general check up of my car as I was heading for a long distance travel and wanted to certain things checked –up, so headed towards Dakshin Honda, Bommanahalli, Bangalore where I bought the car and did free services.

The service engineer attended to the vehicle and gave his suggestions for change of things and also told me great things about 3M Teflon coating. So I was kind of impressed with the way he explained and told him will go in for that too which costed me Rs 6500 (for 3 visits, visit being once in six months). And told me the car would be ready by 5 PM for service delivery. After all the work was done got the delivery call from Dakshin with total billed amount and would be ready by 5 PM. So headed from office at 4 at Whitefield to collect at car at Dakshin and go home at J.P.Nagar.

Reached 10 min prior to 5 PM, met the service engineer (don’t wont to mention his name) who attend to my car that morning, asked him if the car was ready and if I could take, the guy gives me a abrupt look and says “Sir I am busy with the delivery of the Newly Booked Vehicles and you will have to wait”, I was totally pissed off with his attitude, so quietly asked him how long will it take, replies back hastily “another 1 hour Sir”. This attitude of the service engineer stirred me off and wanted to talk to his senior, whom I thought would be at-least responsible than him. That guy seems like he does not want to take up any issue at the time of going home, and seems running away from the spot without evening looking at what is happening.

After all this ruckus, the service engineer tells me “Sir if we keep arguing will take much of your time and my time also” and asks me make the payment and continues to his new car deliver client. Later gives the delivery of my car at the time he told which is 6.30. While gives says how does the Teflon coating look (Do you think someone can check the Teflon coating/ Shining at 6.30 in the evening without daylight – under the tube lights basically). After that I had to creep back home in the traffic from Bommanahalli to Silk Board. HORRIBLE … INCORRIGIBLE

So this has been my experience at Dakshin Honda and it’s upto the readers choice to see if the above thing is good or bad

Thanks for sharing your experience Honda Machine. I would rate it bad for a company which sells quality cars.

Its really surprising. I found most of the dealerships at my place good at service.

HondaMachine this has happened to me every time i visit M&M Sireesh Auto(Near Silk Board).
But never did they gave such responses.
But still they are quite better than Dakshin Honda in terms of courtesy with customers.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for sharing the straight from the heart experience with us, Honda_Machine. These reviews caution others before going to such dealerships. However, it is not directly the Honda to be responsible but the particular dealership which has kept such pathetic employees. I’ve been to many dealerships and on my personal experience; Maruti has been best in attending the customers. Right after entering into the showroom, you feel like a king where as Tata and Mahindra are poles apart. On the similar notes, recently there was a popular case of an Audi dealership which was not-so-good with buyers, then what? Audi India immediately suspended after receiving continuous complaints against the dealership and this is the way how the car makers should act and be attentive enough, at least those which are for serious game in the market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is bad of that service guy. He needs some proper training.[:)]

However, it is not directly the Honda to be responsible but the particular dealership which has kept such pathetic employees.
This is true with all the manufacturers, it all boils down to dealrship and its employee. You will always find the good and bad dealers in your city, from each manufacturer.

I’ve been to many dealerships and on my personal experience; Maruti has been best in attending the customers. Right after entering into the showroom, you feel like a king where as Tata and Mahindra are poles apart.
My experience is just reverse. The maruti showroom/service tram in my city (bokaro) is group is thugs. They just want to squeeze money from poor customers.
Tata has been kind enough to provide me much better service than Maruti. Same thing felt by my father-in-laws also. He also own Maruti and he also told Tata/Fiat is much professional in their behaviour.

Thread Starter #7
Yeah Mukesh, I can understand the delay bit, but the reason which he gave was thoroughly irresponsible of a sales/ service advisor, that guy should be taught that treating customer after-sales in also part and parcel of the trade, which he thoroughly lacked. The first time when I went to Dakshin if I correctly remember i went in the evening at the same time for a small check-up and that time he was basically trying to sell the services of 3M and some other services, which is unusual of any Honda service dealership. Out of all I bought the car with that dealer.

I second what 350Z is mentioning about Maruti, atleast in Bangalore with Pratam Motors, once had been with my friend to leave his Swift for service and I felt loads of Learning techniques have to be inculcated by Honda Motors to these dealership at Bangalore.

Small things makes a huge difference when it comes to customer service and what we are mentioning comes with no extra cost for the dealerships, apart from a bit of learning that has to incorporated. This is truly to do with the behavior of people at dealerships and not with methodology involved in process of servicing vehicle, to about that I fell HONDA Motors is at par with most of them.

Top Bottom