Experience at Carnation Auto, Noida Sector 5

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
What’s this?

carnationlogo.jpg

Headed by Maruti’s Ex. M.D, Jagdish Khattar, Carnation is a multi-brand car care service taking care of all Indian cars. Like a few other local service showrooms claim to offer car care services starting from mechanical to accessories, This is no different but does Carnation truly stands up to their promise of becoming perfect one-stop car shop? I decided to give this new facility a try which has eventually started becoming popular and has already spread its branches across the country.

How was my experience?

carnation2.PNG

It was morning ten o’ clock, at reaching Carnation Noida Sector-5, I parked the car near main entrance when soon a gentleman came from inside and willingly offered his service, I explained in detail regarding car tune-up job along with a few accessories which were to be installed. Meanwhile he prepared the work summary and cost estimate, I went upstairs to take a look at the range of available accessories and was amazed to see the complete floor dedicated to automotive parts and add-ons, starting from a small perfume to alloy wheels which, in addition were neatly managed providing a first class shopping experience. It were only a few minutes I chosen the wheel covers, one of their worker informed that car is ready to be serviced and wheel caps have been installed.

By the time I was relaxed and waiting for more than an hour in their guest's lounge, received no updates so decided to inspect the situation myself in servicing hall and noticed that car is parked alone at a corner as it is, All difference made were only new wheel covers and engine check-up, that too in so long time which was clearly a disappointment. I immediately called up the Service Manager (SM) who told all mechanics to quickly start the work on our car. Now it was noon and there was no hygienic food restaurant nearby + high temperature + No car. So service manager arranged one of the available cars to drop us at a good restaurant.

After reaching back at carnation within an hour I found our car was sparkling like new due to wash and waxing but alas! What a “powerful” wash it was that the aftermarket body color paint on left ORVM was completely wiped off! :eek: Nevertheless, SM blamed on workshop where ORVM + bumpers were previously painted and agreed to paint it which went "ultra clean" due their own fault.

It was evening at four thirty, a lot of work was still pending to be done, so I informed SM to speed up otherwise it won’t finish even by eight. He requested to allow 10 minutes to complete everything, I agreed and servicing was done within 20 minutes. However, the interior polishing work wasn’t up-to the level and what mainly disappointed me was the sluggish speed at which they did the work.

Is it worth visiting again?

carnation1.PNG

Over all I'm impressed with the professional approach by which staff handles the situations and attempt at the best level to keep their customers happy. Although, Carnation should consider on their work speed if they are for a serious game in the market. Personally speaking, My experience was neither excellent as I expected to be nor too low which made me regret. I’ll consider re-visiting carnation not probably to get the complete car servicing but Yes, Definitely for occasional check up and installation of accessories where I can at least be assured that my car is in well-trained hands.

Details Please?

• Name: Carnation Auto

To Sum it Up :

• Cleanliness & Decoration:
    (4.5/5)
  • Presentation:
    (3/5)
  • Customer Dealing:
    (4.5/5)
  • Accessories Range:
    (4/5)
  • Spare Parts Availability:
    (3.5/5)
  • Quickness Levels:
    (2.5/5)
  • Over-all Customer Satisfaction:
    (3.5/5)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice to see we have another option, if somebody is not happy with their respective dealer's service.But even Carnation doesn't look so exciting as well.[frustration]

How was the charges of their service, compared to your Maruti experience?

Good report as usual 350Z!! Good that you have so many accessories there , we have only tyres , ICE , perfumes , car covers , fog lamps and a few minor stuffs no alloy wheels here!! And here only one floor no second floor!!

Even i also liked their friendly and polite approach and even i was made to wait for a long time , maybe i attribute this to the less number of staff overall at least thats the case here in Chennai!!

So what was then done to your car paint case??

And what was the amount you paid , cheaper than M.A.S.S??

Is this report from Bangalore Carnation?
No. It was a report from Noida carnation only. I read the post in some other forum.
A complete review was there. They made him wait for a long time to get a gasket for his car. Even he heard SA asking the mechanic to change every part which had one percent fault.

thanks for sharing experience! the interiors of carnation looks good but shocked to know that they made to wait you from morning to evening. from next time you can try to leave the car with them and do they provide car pick up facility?

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
good report buddy. but it seems incomplete without the pics of your car.
A separate ownership report is coming up soon!

How was the charges of their service, compared to your Maruti experience?
The overall charges were comparatively high from an authorized center but I believe it’ll be a value package for bigger cars.

So what was then done to your car paint case??
They agreed to re-paint it.

No. It was a report from Noida carnation only. I read the post in some other forum.A complete review was there. They made him wait for a long time to get a gasket for his car. Even he heard SA asking the mechanic to change every part which had one percent fault.
There are two Carnation centers in Noida, one is in Sector 5 and another in Sector 64 but whichever it was, This is simply ridiculous. Even these people changed wiper blades of my car without prior informing and at the end, Gladly added it to bill.

thanks for sharing experience! the interiors of carnation looks good but shocked to know that they made to wait you from morning to evening. from next time you can try to leave the car with them and do they provide car pick up facility?
Carnation offers pick-up and drop service for vehicles like any other service centers but I mostly try and prefer the repair and servicing work to be done under my presence.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh thats bad , how can they change the wiper blades without our permission or without prior intimation??

So what was your final bill totally then??

Actually thats a good thoughtful thing to do. Changing a Rs.250 spoiled wiper blade to save a Rs.3000 wind shield is a sensible thing to do.

i must say the mechanic, whoever it was has a good pair eye

Yes what Landrover saying is absolutely right but its their duty to inform us before doing any changes in the car!

Suppose if a student like me who doesn earn or does not have a ATM , Debit card or credit card what will he do then if the bill exceeds the money he has in hand??!! This will cause unnecessary hassles to the customer!

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
That’s precisely the issue why I was disappointed; it makes their duty to inform me prior doing any extra work on the car. About the total costs, I’ll post the exact details soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom