Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Hi
I have encountered with a problem while detailing my car.My polishing pad tear apart while using on second panel. It is Lake Country HD orbital Pad.I purchased it from Greenzcar. Here I am attaching the image . Kindly help me in fixing it. If possible,tell me reason of early failure of the pad.

Attachments

Hi
I have encountered with a problem while detailing my car.My polishing pad tear apart while using on second panel. It is Lake Country HD orbital Pad.I purchased it from Greenzcar. Here I am attaching the image . Kindly help me in fixing it. If possible,tell me reason of early failure of the pad.
you mean it separated from the backing pad entirely or the velcro attachment ?

It separated from the velcro attachment.
There is failure of the adhesive due to manufacturing or overheating...have u used excessive pressure while polishing ? A DA polisher is generally very forgiving even if we apply pressure ..use a good quality adhesive to get things back and reuse the pad..they are expensive to discard !
I have also used similar pads but from another brand although the bulk manufacturing may be by one Chinese company eventually.

There is failure of the adhesive due to manufacturing or overheating...have u used excessive pressure while polishing ? A DA polisher is generally very forgiving even if we apply pressure ..use a good quality adhesive to get things back and reuse the pad..they are expensive to discard !
I have also used similar pads but from another brand although the bulk manufacturing may be by one Chinese company eventually.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Heat was not the issue since I was using it on second panel after bonnet. Don't know about pressure, but I had already used two pads of Rupes in the same manner before using Lake Country Pad. May you suggest some good quality adhesive to correct it?

ALBUS is well with all of your good wishes. Thank you.

View attachment 278289

Car washing requires quite a lot of care.

The success of SNOW FOAM WASH depends the three main factors - the right combination of 1. car wash detergent, 2. compressed air, and 3. water that when mixed together at optimal ratios, are what creates a thick and lustrous consistency of snow foam.

It’s not that the chemical composition of car shampoo that we use is only important but, equally the water quality & pressure applied over the paint surface is also important. Generally, we should avoid the water pressure to the strongest, fastest rip current level as that takes away all our protective coats.

Therefore, we should ensure that the foam is pH neutral, not harsh, dissolves well, has the benefit of softening and encapsulating dirt and road grime, also importantly easily washed away / rinse off by moderate pressure of water, depending on the weather, usually after about 5 minutes or so is a good average dwelling time.

We have to note, In a country like INDIA we have more of inorganic dirt and road grime that can’t be easily softened. Removing natural, organic dirt is easy as just like soaking our dirty plates and pans in soapy water that softens the stuck food particles and makes them so much easier and safer to clean without having to resort to more aggressive scrubbing and damaging the surface.

Disadvantage that always noted:

1. The Shine does not come easily.
2. Need of more water.
3. Recommended dilution may not always work everywhere at it depends upon the quality of water used @ TDS level and hardness; We may need to try a different dilution or another brand in case a famous brand doesn't work for us.
4. Generally, a snow foam wash is considered as a pre-wash treatment or preparation for the hand wash stage, then need to proceed to normal few bucket hand wash stage with our regular shampoo where it will be a more effective wash.

My Choices:
WaveX-FW1K
Proklear-Snow-Concentrate

View attachment 278290
Can not understand disadvantages point no 1. could you elaborate it.

Thread Starter #476

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

PRODUCT REVIEW: WAVEX TYRE GAURD

WAVEX 1.jpg

I wanted to try both CarPro Perl & CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash but it’s very expensive in India and my daughter bought it abroad but could not bring home as got stuck due to Covid-19 issue.

Therefore, tried for alternatives.

Earlier I have used Armor All 77960US Extreme Tire Shine Gel and Formula 1 615258 Black Gold Tire Shine for tyre dressing and found very good.
This time I tried Wavex® Tyre Polish and very much satisfied.

The Seller missed to send the extras like Foam Applicator and MF Cloth, but immediately sent the missing items on my message.

It’s an odorless, clear, semi viscous fluid that spreads evenly on application. I avoided spraying as don’t want to waste the excess liquid.

It’s very good on black and dark beige plastics ( Tried on my wife's three year old ZEST) but to be avoided on white and very light colors. Tyres resulted with a neat look, semi glossy & water resistant and the ZEST... you see yourself [:D]

Don’t expect super durability as it depends upon the road on which you are driving and the way you park, mine was okay for 2 to 3 weeks.

Tried, but not very much satisfied on engine bay areas and on seat covers. For Dash it is good, but I prefer MEGUIAR'S G4116 Natural Shine Protectant Spray as noticed better.

Surprisingly, this one is good on black metal sheets. In case if you buy / try on surfaces other than tyres and black trims, please first do check on a patch if satisfied to proceed.

Note: Definitely, WAVEX TYRE GAURD a value for money product for tyres and external trims. To preserve the quality and avoid contamination, better Transfer 250 to 300 ml into another bottle from the main bottle for easy and periodical use, also wash and clean the tyres before application.

WAVEX 2.jpg

WAVEX 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #478

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir is this solvent or water based ? And any reason you chose to apply on interior also
It’s an oily liquid, can’t be diluted with water as non-water soluble. It’s also water resistant as hydrophobic that makes less dust magnetic and easy to clean the applied area further.

It can be used on dash and in all plastics preferably on black colored but little glossy, some may not like the windshield reflection. I have noticed that once absorbed it’s not that glossy. I have used on plastic trims near OVRM, B Pillar, Black Spoiler on Bumper, black covers on fog lamps, plastic covers below wiper blade areas (not on rubber) and vinyl seat cover on my wife's ZEST ; I liked the finish. Applied twice as the first one cleanse the area. It looks better on a precleaned area.

As you asked, to show you the results I have added some photos here.

WAVEX 1 (2).jpg

WAVEX 2.jpg

WAVEX.jpg

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
It’s an oily liquid, can’t be diluted with water as non-water soluble. It’s also water resistant as hydrophobic that makes less dust magnetic and easy to clean the applied area further.

It can be used on dash and in all plastics preferably on black colored but little glossy, some may not like the windshield reflection. I have noticed that once absorbed it’s not that glossy. I have used on plastic trims near OVRM, B Pillar, Black Spoiler on Bumper, black covers on fog lamps, plastic covers below wiper blade areas (not on rubber) and vinyl seat cover on my wife's ZEST ; I liked the finish. Applied twice as the first one cleanse the area. It looks better on a precleaned area.

As you asked, to show you the results I have added some photos here.

View attachment 283990

View attachment 283991

View attachment 283992
Typically, how long does it last on wheels?

Top Bottom